S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Simply filling/Core Weekly Chat: April 9-15

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #2  

It's midnight, and I'm awake. We just watched Great Expectations on PBS. It's great--watch it.

Buttermilk pie is delicious. It's hard to describe the taste, but it's not buttermilk tasting. It's creamy, has sugar, corn meal, vanilla, eggs and mine has lemon in it also. The crust I make has cinnamon in it too.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #3  

Sounds good Rhonda.

A new week. It's sunny here but only in the 30's. I am down into the 161's, so I think I lost almost 2 lbs this week. I need to write this down. That .6 gain last week has me confused. As long as the scale is moving down, I'm happy.

I am getting my hair trimmed today. I will be so happy when they get this floor done. My house is a mess. We had to clear out the room for the installer, so I have chairs, tables, etc, in other rooms.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Vickie, thinking of you today. Hope it goes well.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #4  

Good luck with the mess, Pam. I can't even bear the idea of getting the carpets cleaned because I don't know where to put the furniture!

Vickie
Old 04-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Chicks! I'm on my way. Missing my coffee and water more than the food at the moment. How ironic. You Chicks have been way more supportive than my family so I just wanted to say how much I appreciate it!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Vickie, :hugs: Let us know when you can.

Pam, on being in the 161's.

Rhonda, your pie sounds yummy.

WI is tomorrow AM. I'm taking our older grand and my gf to see Hunger Games in a few minutes. Sure hope the movie police doesn't look in my purse. I have it loaded with grapes, bananas, a Fiber One bar, and Crystal Lite Lemonade.

Ya'll have a good afternoon.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #7  

I hope you enjoyed the movie, Sandra.

I went to tap practice, took a nap, went to the trainer, shopped, made dinner, went to a meeting (taking snacks that I prepared), came home, and I am worn out!!! The poor puppy isn't going to get her walk, and I hope she forgives me.

Tomorrow is busy too, but I don't think there is anything planned for the evening.

I'm not being as disciplined as I need/want to be with food these past few days. I'll get better.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone. Tap practice done and we are not doing as well as we normally do. One person has been out with a serious illness, others have been and are traveling. Everyone loves dancing, but other things have some priority as they age also.

Off to a good start today with food and now DH wants to go out for a hamburger. I might go and just have 1/2 of one. I can do that.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, my eating's not been as good as usual the last few days either. Yesterday we had (I made it!) Ultimate Cheeseburger Casserole. Nuff said.

However, I did keep up with my points and I lost 0.8 lbs this morning at WI.

It sounds like planned and unplanned breaks with your tap dancing friends. Do you have a lot of time before your next performance?

I went to WW this AM just for WI. Missed the meeting. It was to be about setting up Plan B's. Guess we all have to deal with doing that on a frequent basis. I know I do.

Couldn't stay for the meeting due to subbing. I love subbing for coaches. I didn't have to be here till 10. I have 2 classes, 1.5 hours for lunch, then 2 more classes, so I can leave an hour early. Tomorrow I'm subbing for a coach at a different high school. I won't have computer access from there like I do here. I'll have 1.5 hours for lunch and will get out an hour early. Schools don't have subs go to athletics classes. :

Rhonda, enjoy your burger. You know how to budget and will do all right.

Have any of you tried Fiber One Brownies? They are good and only 2 pts. I've been having them with fruit and am loving them.

Ya'll have a great day. I'll prob be back here in a few minutes.

Last edited by ontarget; 04-10-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #10  

Internet is downn. Using my phone. Nothing new here. Have a great day

Last edited by pam920; 04-10-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #11  

Vickie...praying for you..hugs !!!!

Rhonda..That pie almost sounds like chess pie..sounds good..I am going to watch Great Expectations soon, also planning to read some classics this summer that I have never read.

Pam..it will feel great to have that floor done & things put back in place. Good for you with your weight loss.

Sandra..hope you enjoyed the movie. You are smart to carry your snacks, I need to start doing that more.

I am going to get back on track with Core this week. The strict low carb is just too restrictive & then I give up. Also the Core seems heart healthy..
I am also going to get my main groceries every Sunday. I had been just getting a few days worth but then I end up not having food here, not wanting to go to the store either & being tempted to grab fast food.

The other night my cat was outside and I heard a blood curling cat scream.
I ran out and couldn't find her after searching for an hour. We have foxes & coyotes so I was crying & searching thinking she had been caught & eaten.
About an hour later she returned with matted up fur and missing fur but not wounded !!! She is not ever going out at night again.I have her litter box all set up. I think the daytime is safer but she hasn't wanted out today anyway.

I am working on some last house projects before looking for work. But April is slipping away so fast & I seem to be in slow mode.

Last edited by nancy237; 04-10-2012 at 01:37 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Pam, thank you for popping in here. I hope your computer heals soon.

Nancy, what a scare you had. Sure am glad your cat is safe. We have coyotes around here, too, and worry about the rabbits. I saw one yesterday evening. Rabbit that is. Sure hope we have some "new" bunnies soon. That would be neat.

I'm munching on a banana now. Couldn't do without my fruit!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #13  

I'm at my favorite political office, doing my volunteer stint which ends in 10 minutes.

Nancy, yes, the pie is a lot like chess but has a different texture that I prefer more. You can do Core with fewer carbs and not starve. I'm so glad to hear that your cat survived whatever it was! I haven't seen any foxes or coyotes in our area, but have seen lots of possums, skunks, and racoons. I don't want the dog tangling with them either.

We didn't go get hamburgers, and I had a mini-Denver omelette with no cheese at a favorite breakfast spot. I came home and ate 1/2 of the last piece of pie, said "that's it" and threw out the rest.

I hope you are all having a good day. Thinking of you, Vickie.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Vickie,

Rhonda, that took willpower to throw away the rest of the pie. Way to go, girl.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #15  

Morning chickies.

Nancy, core is good. It's healthy eating. I don't do well on low carb. Poor kitty.

Sandra, I love my fruit too.

Rhonda, the pie sounds delicious.

They are coming this morning to install the flooring. I just know they won't bring enough to finish the job. I will be so glad to get my house back in order.

Have a great day.