Old 02-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good information, which you already know...

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/l...wnl_wlw_022912
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #17  

Love the restaurant stories..Too funny, both of them.

Interesting info about statins ..I have been on them about 10 years I think.

Keeping my grandson yesterday & today..He is such a helper ..we worked lots yesterday so today we are doing a few of his favorite things..He got to use the John Deer and next we are going to target shoot with his BB. It is supposed to storm so we may find some inside fun somewhere.

Things are really up in the air with the house deals . The buyer here is dickering about price which we agreed on in Jan. I got an appraisal yesterday for my info ..those results should be back today. Then I will know whether to sell or just stay here til I get a fair price. I don't mind staying here and being patient. Most of the work is done so it won't be as hard to maintain as it has been this year with all the repairs. I actually like the idea of slowing down , so we shall see.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #18  

hello chicks.

Rhonda, my husband would like to blame everything he can for his type 2 diabetes, except his own eating habits. He is getting to be comical with this dieting thing. He has never really dieted. I, on the other hand, am a seasoned dieter. He weighs each morning. He is up a pound from yesterday, so he thinks by next Monday, he will have gained all his lost pounds back. I told him no way did he eat 3500 calories yesterday, it's just water retention, maybe too much sodium, etc. He is eating just fine, no crazy snacking. I told him to stay off the scale until next Monday and then see what the scale says. I know I'm talking to myself, he won't listen.

Nancy, do you think the deal is going to fall through? I thought you had agreed on a selling price.

Maryann, what are you going to do with that dollar?

Rhonda, if my hubby likes what I cook, he will praise it and tell me how good it is. If not, he eats and doesn't say a word, so I know he didn't especially like it. We have such different tastes in foods. He likes his meat and potatoes and bread. Me, I like my chicken, veggies and fruit. Thanks for the article, and yes, I knew all that. Did you drop those pounds you put on?
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, Doyle isn't diabetic is he? Our grandmother was.

Nancy, slowing down can be a good thing. Do what you need to do.

Pam, I agree it was karma last night. He prob played with his band and frisbees a lot.

I am on day 2 and am about to post my wi info on my signature. It may scare you if you look. Be careful.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #20  

Pam, I haven't been on the scales. I'm waiting a few days, but I feel like I have lost.

Sandra, Doyle doesn't need insulin but he is taking Niacin and some other drugs related to his numbers. And, you'll do OK with WW--just transfer some of that discipline from archery to your eating!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #21  

Pam,

Yes he agreed to the price since Jan but last week has started to waver on that.

I am really okay with staying here longer & the other house contract is not locked into yet. I had an appraisal done yesterday and when I get that info I will know what I should do.

So its up in the air but I realized I am looking forward to this summer wherever
I am ..Plan to camp, get a puppy and plant tomatoes

Everyone..
I really miss my wine & hottub time..Does all wine have a lot of carbs?? Are there any low carb alcoholic drinks ??
Old 02-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Thanks, Rhonda. I'm working on it. (day 2) We had strawberries/blueberries tonight for our snack.

Nancy, wine and a hot tub sounds good. (So does camping, puppy, and planting tomatoes.)
Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #23  

We stopped at the flea market and got a big box of strawberries. 4 qts, is that a peck lol. Got them cleaned and they filled a large storage bag. I also got some fresh oranges and they are so juicy and sweet. yum. Strawberries are in season here in Florida.

Sandra, sounds like you're doing great with WW. I think that last episode was taped in January. I went to Chism's twitter and he's been posting since Jan 9, so that might be when he got booted. His dads tweets have been deleted. I think he was afraid of getting sued so he got rid of them. So the mystery continues on who they let go. It could be Mark but I'm still hoping Condra and Kim.

Nancy, things have a way of working out. If it was meant to be, it will. I think the housing market is starting to pick back up. Good luck with your appraisal.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #24  

Ya'll are killing me with all the wonderful fruit descriptions..Too many carbs for me right now..

I changed my goal closer
It is more motivating to see it closer and when I get there I will
go for another 10 !!

Now I need to decide a reward for hitting 140.
I would say camera but I have to watch my $
til the dust settles from this move.

Last edited by nancy237; 02-29-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Pam, your fruit sounds delish. I enjoyed my fruit tonight, too. Life is good.

Nancy, let us know when the dust settles.

I am so antsy waiting to go to Nationals. Curtis and I are going fishing tomorrow just to do some mind cleansing.

My first goal as to WW's recommendations is 5%. Hmmmmm......sounds like what the BL contestants had for when they returned to the ranch last week.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #26  

Nancy, it's nice to hear you feeling optimistic and flexible. Get in the hot tub and have a glass of wine.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #27  

Woo Hoo !!
Just got an email with my appraisal results.
Higher than I expected.
So now I know not to lower my price to this buyer and I am wondering
if I should even sell at the price I told him..

If we had a verbal agreement that he broke when he said he was deciding on
a fair price, am I obligated to sell at what I told him. I wouldn't have gotten an appraisal if he didn't say he was unsure about his price & now I know its worth more than what I am selling to him..
Old 03-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #28  

Nancy, if you're working with a realtor, I'm sure that she or he would know the answer. But, I would agree with you. If you had an agreement, and he broke it, all bets are off. But, are appraisals are reliable guide to what the market will bear?

Is anyone being affected by these awful storms...I'm wondering about Sloan also.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #29  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just got home from the hair dressers,you can see my new look on the avatar .Can't stay on long as my dinner is almost ready,and I have to go out for choir practice this afternoon.

Nothing else new,they calling for a wintery mix later on this afternoon,but I will be home from my choir rehearsal by the time it starts.

NANCY-Sorry about your house deal is up in the air. My sister is so frustrated with buyers and sellers as she a real estate agent. She telling me all the hard work she puts in to the houses on sale and than the buyer or seller just caves in and than she has to set up an other appointment with her buyer to see another house. Take you time if you feel that you can get a better price it Spring is here yet and lots pf people look for housed at that time of the year.

PAM-There's nothing like a fresh fruit from Fla. My friend Mary used to and I believe she still does order cases of fruit for herself and her two daughters. Have not idea,will probably put it in the poor box.

Have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 03-01-2012 at 01:45 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #30  

Very busy day today...I fell at the gym while doing my warm-up side shuffles. I think I just didn't pick my lead foot up high enough. I landed hard on my left hip and hand. There's no damage, but I feel sore, on top of feeling the work out. That's not the first time I've fallen. A few months ago I was running backward and fell you know what over teakettle! Risky sport I'm into!

I'm going to have a glass of wine for Nancy since she's not having any.

Last edited by Tejas; 03-01-2012 at 08:49 PM.