Old 02-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #31  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Having a nice day but thee sun is hiding above the clouds.Listening to the 50's on sirus radio.Had a great time with my friend Rita dined from 1 -4:30PM. We had so much to talk about everything under the sun. Tomorrow after brunch Mary and I haven't decided on what movie we want to see The Iron Lady or One for the Money. Both run at the same time 12:30 or 1 so when we get out we will have plenty of time for the Super Bowl.I'm not sure if we are going out to eat before the game starts, I'm not a real fan,and will probably turn it on to ,see the scores,but she likes and will watch the game all the way through.

Quote:
Maryann, we don't have dental insurance either. But we have to be able to chew, don't we? I hope your removable bridge works for you. Mine is permanent. Well, that's what they called the first one, too, but it wasn't exactly my definition of "permanent."
SANDRA-I had a permanent bridge but the tooth underneath broke off and the only way to afford it was to have a removable dentures with a bar under the tongue. The dentist that I had before wasn't as good as this dentist.

PAM-My SIL doesn't like onions so my DD has to cut them up in slivers and beyond to please him. I like the taste of Dream-field pasta don't see a difference between reg and low carb.

NANCY-So sorry about your aunt but she's in a better place. That was very rude of that man playing with his i-phone during the funeral, can't believe that people are so disrespectful.

Have a great day and evening I'll see you guys tomorrow.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I will let you know. Looks like we'll be at Cinnamon Creek Ranch March 10/11. That's at Roanoke. Right now Curtis isn't positive he'll shoot that one, but I'm thinking of shooting it. (And I love that cake!)

Maryann, if I have future problems, I'm going removable.

Nancy, good for you for telling that person about the cellphone. He was beyond rude.

My cough is a little better. It's a good thing we don't have a tournament this weekend. We both need the break. Beginning next Saturday we have tournaments about 5 weekends in a row and some require overnight stays. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

OK, Sandra. We can try to get there. Let's just stay in touch about it.

I decided to try almond milk. I haven't actually had it straight, but I added it to a shake--Greek yogurt, berries, low fat cottage cheese and almond milk. It was good. So, I'll try it on my cereal next. Thanks for the inspiration, Maryann.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

Will do, Rhonda. I hope it works out and we can see each other there.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #35  

Enjoyed a surprise short visit by my youngest who drove home to get some things.
Haven't seen him since Christmas so it was a great treat to take him to dinner.
Love that kid..

I have rested alot today and just taken it easy. keeping grandson some this evening so he joined us for dinner to.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Really good, and really bad

Here's a link to the cake I make. I don't always add the powdered sugar to the icing, but instead poke holes in the warm cake and pour the sugar-butter-vanilla mixture on top and let it sink it to the cake. Add pecans on top of that.

Also, you can add cinnamon to the cake and it is really flavorful.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/cho...r/bl10731d.htm
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Rhonda,

Nancy, glad you had the surprise visit with your son.

We're home from church/lunch. I'm readying to do some shooting before we settle in for some football. Life is good.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #38  

I seem really tired lately. I am going to allow myself one more day today of rest and then get busy on Monday with my list & things I need to do.

I had an idea about cooking healthy meals..If I exercise at the gym after work at about 6 pm , I could come home and eat left overs and then cook a new dish much later about 9. I enjoy cooking but it seems hard to exercise, stop by the store and then cook . It would be 8 or so before dinner was ready.
That way I can cook a new recipe every few nights and have lunch leftovers too.

Wish me luck this week in starting my diet & exercise. The new year was my goal but most of Jan was spent at the hospital with my Aunt.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

for luck, Nancy.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #40  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just got back from a early movie, saw the Iron Lady. Mary had to meet her family at 2:30 and left 15 mins after the movie ended.My sister told me the story line behind the movie wasn't great at all, I have no idea what she was talking about It had a great movie line,but I guess you have to be a political junkie to appreciate what Maggie Thatcher did for Britain. Leo didn't care for her that she didn't do anything for Northern Ireland.

Guess what happened to me a church this morning. I was the substitute canter,and was I nervous getting up on the Alter and announcing the hymns & pages they were on. I was suppose to lead the congregation in song but I was to nervous so after announcing the Hymn I went back to the sit next to the organist. At the end of mass my organ director told me if its alright with me,if she would use me again if she needed me. Of course I had to tell her yes. All the choir members congratulated me in doing so,as they wouldn't do it.

Tomorrow at 11 AM going to have my tooth extracted,but I bought lots of soft foods like Country Crock mashed potatoes,Seaside mashed turnips & butternut squash and I'm going to shirr the meats to a fine texture,so I can chew. Have ice cream bars & sandwiches. Hope they won't be too cold after the nova cane wears off.

SANDRA-Glad that your feeling better and that's a good idea for both of your to rest.Thanks,I hope the removable ones don't hurt,with that contraption under the tongue. My uncles used to complain and never wore there teeth. But then again med & dentistry has come so far ,I'm sure its all different.

RHONDA-I buy the vanilla flavoring in the almond milk.It has a better taste than the original.

NANCY-Happy to hear you DS came to stay with you fro while. It sometime nice to have family to come and visit. My friend Just lost her DH and she lives in a secluded place where there no neighbors,so it going to be hard on her to adjust without people surrounding you.goodluck on your diet and exercise the lack of the latter is what gets me in trouble.

Have a great super bowl evening,see you guy tomorrow after I see the dentist.

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

Maryann, that's a wonderful compliment. Sounds like you did a great job. I hope all works out well for you with your dental procedures. Ice cream sounds yummy to me. Enjoy!