Old 12-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #16  

morning chicks.

Rhonda, I have read the same thing. I have a bad back so I'm concerned about that. I will definitely do my homework before attempting to use them.

Sandra, invest in the tape I mentioned. You will not be disappointed. I got mine at walmart. It's raining here today, so i'm going to do Leslie and maybe I can get my husband to follow along (at his pace) for the 1st mile.

I have fnally lost 1 pound after all that walking.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

afternoon chicks hope you all had a lovely xmas i did and i ate far to much i am all bloated now cant wait for jan 1st so i can concentrate on getting xmas gain and rest of weight off.

how was everyones xmas and boxing days xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations Pam

I looked at the Live Armstrong site last night and they have a section called 10 best exercises. I do almost all of those a few times a week. I'll post the link later. I'm finding 3FC to be really slow lately....anyone else having that problem.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Good morning. I have a good CORE meal prepared for lunch and just waiting for Curtis to get home from the archery shop so we can enjoy it. (Can you tell I'm working on having a positive attitude?) After lunch, we're going riding around to area lakes to check water levels. We may go fishing Friday.
Tonight we're meeting family at Olive Garden for dinner then going to my brother's for a visit. Should be fun.

Ems, we had a good Christmas. My eating could have been better but wasn't too bad. I got back on program yesterday to get a headstart. You look fabulous in your photo. Glad you enjoyed your Christmas. You earned it.

Rhonda, my right hip is catching a little again, too. I'm debating about going to my chiropractor after the first of the year. (I'll be on Medicare then and I don't think it'll cost anything. At least I hope it doesn't. The most Curtis has had to pay is $4. That's not bad.)

Pam, I may just get those new tapes. Confession--I'm not able to do the complete 1 mile workout yet. Until today I've had to sit down 3 times per session. Today I didn't do the upper body and was able to "walk" the whole mile. Am I out of shape or what!

Last edited by ontarget; 12-27-2011 at 12:35 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
I'm finding 3FC to be really slow lately....anyone else having that problem.

Yes !!!!!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #21  

Nancy, glad it's not just me. I guess lots of people are looking for support post- Christmas indulgences. It's not slow this time.

Ems, the holiday was great for us, even with a few family issues here and there. For example, I bought some presents for some kids that had to be taken to them because I couldn't get to the party. Not ONE thank you from the parents. Harrummppph. (my side of the family by the way!)

Sandra, you'll get there...just keep on keeping on.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that's very inconsiderate of them not to say, "Thank you." We have some relatives that are that way, too. Makes you not want to "do" for them, doesn't it?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Found out today that I have a torn gluteal muscle that has partially pulled away from my hip bone and has become calcified in one area. The doc said the pain was like having "bursitis on steroids", and I have to agree. He injected the inflamed tendon and said to continue with PT. Hopefully that will do it 'cause the next step is surgery. I've been laying around for days and really need to be exercising. Also, I need to lay in a few core freezer meals for "D" day. Maybe I will be able to be up more in a few days.

Does anyone have fun plans for New Years Eve?
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #24  

Ouch, Sloanie!

Sandra, well, we "do" for the kids, but I wouldn't mind a little parental responsibility.

No New Years plans.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I hear ya. We still do for the kids, too. I have to deal with my resentments sometimes. Sounds like I need to do better with that.

We don't have plans for New Year's either. We'll prob stay home and watch television. Curtis got some Bailey's today. I see that with hot chocolate in his future.

Night night, Chickies.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #26  
beachbum

HI LADIES

I'm back from NY late last night and had a wonderful holiday with my family.The kids all loved there presents from Santa and I could not believe how great they go alone with out fighting. Maybe they are all growing up and silly things that they got mad about at TG was now not so important anymore.

I didn't read last week or this weeks posts as I didn't have access to a computer.,so I couldn't keep in touch with your guys,while i was gone.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Holiday. I have lots to do this morning[picking up my mail & grocery shopping] so I'll try to get back on the board some time this afternoon.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #27  
focused and aiming

Welcome back, Maryann. You sound like ou had a good time.

I'm going with a friend to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie in a few minutes. Life is good.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #28  

Here are the exercises I mentioned. I do many of these, but not the jumping ones. I do them at least twice a week, and should do at least one more set.

http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/...ght-exercises/

Welcome home Maryann. I'm glad you had fun and past hurts are resolved.

I'm going to take a nap!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #29  
focused and aiming

We stayed and watched a second movie. We had a great time. Tomorrow folks are coming out to shoot with us.

Now I'm about to have a CORE snack. See ya'll tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #30  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Woke up,to the temps of 25 degrees and dropping,after having mild weather for the whole week. I guess winter is heading this way. Hope that its does snow next weeks as I have a gift card from Trader Joe's that my DD gave me and I like to use it. Not feeling well this morning,this woman on the bus sitting in back of me was coughing up a storm,hope I'm not sick for New Years.

Got on the scale this morning and stead of gaining this holiday like I did on TG I lost 2 lbs.,but its the loss from swelling and water weight that happened to me on TG when I gained 19 lbs.

NANCY-Resting is what I'm going to do for the rest of the week.Not feeling well think I caught that woman cold. Not doing anything for New Years so,I might take in a movie or something.Bought some eggnog to celebrate the 2012 as 11 wasn't very nice to me with my knee and hip.Oh gee transmission problems hope it won't cost you. I took out warranty insurance for parts that were under the warranty after it ran out. Planning to keep this car even though is going to be 10 years old.

RHONDA-Thanks for the welcome back I going to start exercising again now that the pain from the hip is gone.

SANDRA-Thanks,I like the Leslie Sasame Walk Away The Pounds Tapes.I will be doing them a lot this winter especially when the weather turns bad with snow. Hope you had a good time at the Sherlock Holmes movies my friend doesn't like Sherlock Holmes so I guess we will not be going to that. Hope she goes with me to see The Way instead.

PAM-Congrats on losing 1 lb for walking I can't wait until I can start exercising again. Never used Kettle balls,glad the other ladies could help you.

SLOANE-Now plans for New Years except I might go to a movie called "the Way" with Martin Sheen. Otherwise I just have my eggnog and go to bed.

Going to start my dinner,

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote