Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, December 5, 2011 through Sunday, December 11, 2011

New Pages for the Week!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I simply cannot believe that I beat you all here. Though I did have to be up and showered by 7:00 this morning. That's rough. I've definitely transitioned to retirement. I get up early but don't do the whole shower/makeup thing usually until later.

I'm doing well on program most days. Yesterday we ate Chicken White Bean Chili and corn cakes out of our freezer. They were yummy. We also made fresh green beans because we were really hungry.

Mary Ann, I hope you get a great and fast diagnosis.

Sandra, I thought you had a TON on your plate in terms of activities. I'm glad you've decided to mellow a bit.

Nancy, we had PJ day but we were still really busy trying to get done what we can't do when the guys are here. I made homemade thousand island salad dressing and applesauce while Jim did the laundry. We were busy.

Today is drywall mudding and taping. Our Team Leader told us that they are going to start tiling the floor tomorrow. The vanity may go in on Wednesday which means the granite can be measured for cutting. We go to look at our granite remnant tomorrow. It is starting to look like a room in there again. I'm a bit nervous about the tile......just have to have faith. It seems like the guy doing it really enjoys it and is somewhat artistic.

I'm leaving for PT in a few minutes and then I have a dentist appointment later this afternoon. That during a major remodel in one day sounds like a bad day, doesn't it?!

Talk to you all later. Light and love!!!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the new pages Vickie. I was up early but had to be out the door for tap practice.

Maryann...we're over here!!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey ladies hope you all had a nice weekend :d

Im abit run down im full of cold sores on my mouth and i think my hand is infected where i had the drip in hospital im off to the doctors tomoz so will let you know xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #5  

ems.. take care of yourself..

vickie..I got a lot done too when I finally got going Sunday..PJ day is only fun for so long.. what are you doing for a baseboard if you have tile floor and drywall walls..I wanted a wood baseboard but my handyman is trying to talk me into a tile one?? I think he just wants what is easiest..

Maryann..

I had my gas logs installed today and I really like them.. It will be nice to have them at Christmas..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #6  

Ouch, Ems...good luck!

Nancy, won't tile be easier to keep clean? I like the look of wood too, but tile is so easy to clean, especially in a bathroom.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #7  

i have a wood baseboard in my bathroom, lol.

We walked this morning. I've been a good girl for the last 3 days. I dropped one of the 2 lbs I put on. Still need to lose 20 more. Why oh why is it so hard to lose these pounds?

I got an email that WW has new points plus for 2012. What does that mean? Anyone know? They just changed it last December. I think, with the economy, they are feeling the pinch. I know in KY they closed all the meetings except the one in the town I live in. Not the whole state, lol, just in the general area. I really don't care for the leaders there, so I don't bother. $13/weekly is a little pricey. I always bought the monthly pass for $39.

I'm getting ready to shut down and go to bed.

I think it would be hilarious if you girls had the same bathroom.

Last edited by pam920; 12-05-2011 at 11:15 PM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #8  

hey ladies i went to the doctors and im really annoyed i explained the situation that im run down and feeling dizzy andnot my self and that i done my bp and it was on the low side last night and the doctor just brused meoff she didnt check my bp or ears to see if i had low blood pressure or an ear infection. everything i said she dismissed i am so annoyed i told her i fainted last week aswell and she still ignored me i said well what am i gonna do about not feeling right and the drowsyness she said drink water what the **** is that gonna do i also said about the coldsores and she didnt give me anything for that either. I feel like complaining and wanting to see another doctor cus this one is a new one and i didnt not like her at all. sorry for rant but im really upset xxxx
Old 12-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #9  

Well, Ems, you have every right to be upset. Do what feels right to you. Either go back and confront her, or get a new doctor if you can. I suggest you go to the pharmacy/druggist and get something for the cold sores. There are good over-the-counter meds for that. They are pricey, but they work quickly.

Perhaps you should keep records of your BP, if you don't already, and take them in. Take your BP before you get out of bed in the morning..before you move around at all. Then take it again immediately when you get out of bed and see if there is a large difference.

I'm off to tap practice...yesterday I did a new set of exercises with the trainer...'bout killed me I lasted only 35 minutes!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #10  

thanks rhonda i did use cold sore creame and it made it worse and swelled up thats why i went to see the doctor but she didnt care she said i couldnt have any meds for it as it was no good for me cus it has already come out. I should keep a record of bp thanks for the idea. HOPE YOU ENJOY TAP PRACTICE I USED TO LOVE DOING THAT XXX
Old 12-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #11  

Ems, I get cold sores on my lips and even if the medication is applied after the outbreak it limits the spread and eases the pain. Here it is called Lipactin.

Applying ice to the area also helps. Sometimes if you can catch it before the outbreak, just when you feel the itching, applying ice will even prevent the outbreak.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had my appointment with my reg doctor this morning and found out the results from the MRI. I have a crack in my hip along with bursitis and arthritis on either side of my right hip.

He didn't tell me what the treatment will be,but I'm sure my orthopedic doctor will work on it next week. Looked up in web doctor and mayo clinic and they say a cortisone shot will relieve the pain as Aleve and over the counter arthritis meds don't help. Now for the crack in the hip I guess it has to heal by itself. My Mom cracked her pelvis there was no treatment for that except healing by itself.

Another thing he wasn't happy with me is my weight,he's going to check my A1C along with my cholesterol. Having a large tummy and skinny arms & legs I might be a diabetes suspect like my sister.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages,Had the results for the MRI read above. My doctor was upset with me and my weight.I gained more than I sure have,and my b/p was 158/78 which is high for me I'm always around 132/70. Why did TG come and now I have to worry about Christmas.I was doing so well at home,where they're no cakes,cookies or the junk around.

ThanksRHONDA I found your guys.

NANCY-Thanks for the hugs, & You'll will love the gas logs, as they really keep the house warm,and they will pay in the long run.

PAM-We're all in the same boat. I think with woman it our hormones that has something to do with it being its so hard to lose. I'm back on the CAD & low carbing again. I really did bad over the TG holiday. Must get back on track. I see WW ads all over the tv asking people to come back to them.I think people can't afford to go to meeting or go on line. In my town one of the meeting places closed.We have another one but it far from me,and Yet I can afford the either..

EMS-I agree with RHONDA you should be upset. The doctor should have checked what your were complaining about.

Have to go and get some of my Christmas Card written especially the ones going overseas.

Have a great day

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had my appointment with my reg doctor this morning and found out the results from the MRI. I have a crack in my hip along with bursitis and arthritis on either side of my right hip.

He didn't tell me what the treatment will be,but I'm sure my orthopedic doctor will work on it next week. Looked up in web doctor and mayo clinic and they say a cortisone shot will relieve the pain as Aleve and over the counter arthritis meds don't help. Now for the crack in the hip I guess it has to heal by itself. My Mom cracked her pelvis there was no treatment for that except healing by itself.

Another thing he wasn't happy with me is my weight,he's going to check my A1C along with my cholesterol. Having a large tummy and skinny arms & legs I might be a diabetes suspect like my sister.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages,Had the results for the MRI read above. My doctor was upset with me and my weight.I gained more than I sure have,and my b/p was 158/78 which is high for me I'm always around 132/70. Why did TG come and now I have to worry about Christmas.I was doing so well at home,where they're no cakes,cookies or the junk around.

ThanksRHONDA I found your guys.

NANCY-Thanks for the hugs, & You'll will love the gas logs, as they really keep the house warm,and they will pay in the long run.

PAM-We're all in the same boat. I think with woman it our hormones that has something to do with it being its so hard to lose. I'm back on the CAD & low carbing again. I really did bad over the TG holiday. Must get back on track. I see WW ads all over the tv asking people to come back to them.I think people can't afford to go to meeting or go on line. In my town one of the meeting places closed.We have another one but it far from me,and Yet I can afford the either..

EMS-I agree with RHONDA you should be upset. The doctor should have checked what your were complaining about.

Have to go and get some of my Christmas Card written especially the ones going overseas.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. I subbed 4th Grade Math yesterday. The students were wonderful but they literally sucked all the energy out of me. I was asleep by 6:30 last night and slept till almost 10 today. No more subbing till Thursday. We're meeting friends for bfast in the morning then she and I are going to a ladies' meeting while our guys go to the local archery shop.

Ems, I would have a talk with that doctor if I were you. And I'd have it soon. No reason to let you keep suffering.

Maryann, I hope your hip heals quickly. I would hate to hear what your doctor would say about my weight. I outweigh you quite a bit.

Vickie, a PJ day sounds good to me. In fact, I've had one today. Your remodeling is going to pay off big time. When are you expecting them to be finished?

Nancy, when is yours due to be finished?

Pam, congrats on being op. I haven't been lately. Maybe soon.

Ya'll have a good evening. I'll be back tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #15  

Maryann, you bet it's carbs and hormones. It's tough, very tough. I've learned that I really can eat low carb, but when I add them back in, I really crave them. It's not worth eating most of them, I'm learning.

Wow, Sandra, that's a lot of sleep. Good for you!

I was supposed to go to a meeting tonight, but I'm home. I was out last night, have art tomorrow night, a meeting Thursday night, and a tap performance on Saturday night. ENOUGH already!!

Have a good night everyone.