Old 12-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #16  

Rhonda, you make me tired, reading all you do. Slow down and smell the roses, lol. Just kidding, you amaze me with all you do.

Sandra, that was a long sleep. I guess you needed it. I slept till 9:30 this morning. I was always an early riser, but lately, been sleeping till 8:30 and sometimes 9:30.

Maryann, I hope the cortisone helps. How much did you gain while you were away? You had dropped into the 150's, right?

ems, that is terrible that the dr. just brushed you off. I get cold sores too, but haven't had one in years (knock on wood). I have a prescription tube of something I use as soon as I feel a tingle and it keeps me from getting one. I carry it in my purse. Sometimes stress will bring one on, or the sun. Ask for the prescription and keep it on hand for the next outbreak. I hate when dr.s won't listen to us.

The bathroom gals must have been busy today. I can't wait to see the end results.

My granddaughter is scheduled for next Tuesday for her MRI. Her dr. is more optimistic about it not being a tumor, but can't say for certain. He mentioned something about pseudo. She has to keep taking the water pills to keep the fluid pressure under control.

We had mexican tonight. There went my diet, lol. I lost the 2 pounds I recently gained, but this may have set me back, again. We'll see in the morning.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #17  

I went and looked up what the dr said to my granddaughter. This is what he thinks it may be, and I'm praying he is right..........

What is pseudotumor cerebri?

Pseudotumor cerebri literally means "false brain tumor." It is likely due to high pressure within the skull caused by the buildup or poor absorption of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). The disorder is most common in women between the ages of 20 and 50.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Thanks ladies im feeling abit better today i use the little tube called blistex and it made it worse so i have just left it now even though it hurts.

Sandra you to way to much hehe i wish i wa sliek you

maryann a cracked hip soundspainful i hope you get the treatment you need soon

rhonnda how was your tap dancing?

Pam i hope your granddaughter is ok the poor thing.

hope your well nancy and vickie.

whats happened with jojo? xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Ems, Jojo said she'd be back after Christmas. Blistex won't control cold sores, in my experience. It's really good for chapped lips, but cold sores are from the herpes virus and need a different medical approach. Most of us who have cold sores have the herpes virus in our spinal fluid, normally from childhood chicken pox.

The tap performances were good, not perfect, but good. We have two more big ones this week, then we're off duty for the holidays.

Pam, know that we are all thinking of your granddaughter and you. I've been trying to sleep a little later too. But, tap is always at 8 or 8:30! I'm also going to add a day at the gym and that will likely be early morning--have to talk to trainer. My dog normally has me awake anyway. She is very strange these days, sometimes up 3-5AM, wanting food or out. She is well-fed, that's not the problem.

Pam, I do too much right now. But, there's nothing I want to quit, so I just have to be miss a few things now and again. I'm also working with two other local folks to write a brief paper on the health effects of hydrofracking that we're giving to city hall soon. This gas drilling is not without some serious problems.

I'm actually grounded today because the car is in the shop. That's OK, there's lots to do here.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #20  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

What a down pour we had this morning,and my back & hip are really hurting me,asked the pharmacist what was the strongest over the counter pain killer I could take,as the arthritis and Aleve are not working. He suggested care one pain relief [extra strong]went out grocery and grab-bag shopping also for I have Mary's Telephone Co. Christmas party to go to tomorrow.Than on Friday have to sing my ex choir directors funeral mass and in the afternoon I'm going to meet my friend Rita for a late lunch.
Alice called me to meet some time this week and I had to decline for those two day but will be able to meet with her on Sat or next week.

SANDRA-Thanks, He's a good doctor and was always concerned about my weight as I was,but the TG gain was very unexpected.Never in my life a overwhelming weight gain like I had this TG happened. I'm now on a very low carb diet and i lost another pound to add to my total of 4 lbs.

RHONDA- I really have to work on those carbs especially around and in between the holidays and once we get into January and will remain on them until I get these TG off.

PAM-Thanks, looks like 20- lbs. Have no idea why?????????? Yes I was in the 159.5 when I left for TG and when I returned home I was 179. Asked the doctor if it was water weight as he did mention at I had water in my bursa of my hip,and I asked him how much he told me about 1 oz. So that no it.

EMA-Thanks I see my doctor next Thursday and hopefully the cortisone shot will take the pain away,and than the hip bone will heal itself.

Have to go and get my laundry done,have a great evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

Hi, ladies. Curtis and I met friends for bfast. Later I went shopping and got some new jeans and a Christmas top. The top is denim and has Cardinals on it. Love it!

Pam, I hope the doctor's right about your granddaughter. Please keep us posted.

Ya'll have a good evening. I'll be back tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #22  
focused and aiming

Can't believe I'm 2 in a row. Where is everyone? I'll be hopping in here off and on today as the kids are busy working on poetry projects.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #23  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Lordy, Christmas shopping, PT, construction.....it's enough to make a girl lose her mind. Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. It's been so busy here. Good news is that I've seen my floor and I LOVE it. The cabinets arrived and a gorgeous....just what I hoped. My mirrors are missing but the guys tell me it's not a problem. So far, they've done right by us so I'm trying not to worry. They are going to set the vanity in today on top of the ungrouted floor so that the granite guy can come in to do his measurements. That way, he can be make the vanity top while they finish the tile. Pretty slick professional crew I have here. Hope everything continues to go well since I'm sick to my stomach with nerves. We are spending a lot of money. Definitely couldn't have my niches so I'm disappointed in the shelves but I need something. I really don't like the hanging racks very much.

Jim and I weren't going to buy each other any presents this year but we changed our minds and set a low limit. We really love Christmas and decided that we deserve it with all we've gone through with this remodel. I found a couple of things he will love. Today is Christmas cards. Gotta get them out today or tomorrow. I've never done them this late before. Forget wrapping and the Christmas tree. Not sure when that will happen.

Good news is that the stress hasn't made me eat too badly yet. We hope to have date night tonight but the jury is out on that.

Sandra, my Mom LOVED cardinals and whenever I see one I think of her. I never liked them much and she always wanted to put stuffed ones on our Christmas tree. She'd put them on and I'd take them off. I never want anything on the tree that doesn't have sparkle on it. It got to be a fun game with us. So now cardinals always make me and my Sister smile and think of our Mom. I'm glad you did something nice for yourself. That's a good thing!

Mary Ann, I never heard of Care One pain relief. Did he say what it is? Have a great time at your part today.

Rhonda, I think it's wonderful that you are so busy and enjoying yourself. My Sister and BIL always say that they might as well go like crazy as long as they can.

Ems, I hope you get some relief soon. I hope I never have one of those. Is this your first one? Are you stressed? I get migraines when I'm stressed.

Nancy, your granddaughter keeps popping into my head and I'm praying for her and others to get gentle diagnoses. May we know her name? I like to mention people by name in my prayers. It makes me feel more connected.

I'll definitely share pictures of the bathroom when it's done though I may have to do it on FB instead of here. I can never figure out how to shrink the pictures enough to get them to take on here. My photos always have too many megapixels.

Gotta go work on that card list! Talk to you all soon.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

I'm back. I just have 7 students right now and boy are they quiet! They're working on poetry books that are due next Wed. Next period I'll have 2 students. Am I spoiled today? I'm loving it!

Tomorrow night the high school where I taught is playing for the State Title in Texas High School Football for schools in what's called 3A. I think about everyone around is going but us. I'm going to listen to it on the school website. I just can't deal with the stress of being there---even though it will probably be good stress.

My eating is so so. I did turn down a luxury treat yesterday. Guess that's progress.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #25  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, small successes add up!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #26  

Hello chicks. Better late than never. I had a busy morning, taking care of med refills, bill pay, etc. We went to get some groceries, then I went shopping. Didn't go to the bigger city, but still had a good time. I'm going into Ocala (big city) tomorrow.

Vickie, did you mean MY granddaughter? I don't recall Nancy mentioning hers. Mine is Amber. Sounds like your bathroom is coming along rather quickly now. I'll get to see the pics on facebook. Just let us know here when you post them. I miss so much stuff on facebook.

Sandra, hope your team does well. What treat did you turn down? How come so few students?

Maryann, hope you got some pain relief. Arthritis is like a bad toothache when mine acts up.

ps...on a happy note, my daughter completed her apprenticeship and took her state test and is now a Master Stylist. I wish she was closer, my hair needs trimmed, lol.

Last edited by pam920; 12-08-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Pam, I turned down sugar free pecan pie. Congratulations to your daughter.

Thank you, Vickie.

We just got home from the Junior High/High School Christmas Band/Choir Concert. Our granddaughter, Kennedy,, was recognized for earning all-district band a few weeks ago. We're really proud of her--and we're pumped for the holidays now with all that good Christmas music. Our younger granddaughter, Alexa, isn't having a Christmas program since they are in the process of moving into a brand new elementary building. Looks like she'll have a Valentine's Day program. Life is good.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #28  

Height: 5'4"

I am so tired...only a few hours sleep last night ..so why am I still up ??
Bath is coming along..He is going to stop tomorrow for now so I can get my house ready for Christmas..It will still need the trim and painting..and my friend wants to seal it..In Jan I will get granite remnant countertops for my 2 upstairs baths at the same time.

Tucker, my dog got neutered , shots & microchipped today. He is so sleepy tonight also..

went to a cardiologist today because my ekg at that diet place was weird..
They repeated it and think it is a natural variant that is showing up on it..
He is going to do a stress test next week just to be sure..

I need to do a heart healthy diet..we have lots of heart disease in my family..
I need to reread the book called "Before the Heart Attacks" forgot the author..

I bought chips the other day and have eaten the whole bag already..I cant resist them.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! How are you all doing? I am finally slowing down a bit and needing to get back on the wagon. I will be adding a substantial load to it (the wagon) since I have gained lots of weight. I have missed y'all!

Nancy-looks like we are both back where we started. I have gained back up to 145! Since I know myself and my holiday eating, I plan on trying not to gain another pound through the holiday. Maybe we can start a new challenge in January

Since I have to be up in a couple of hours I'd better try and go back to sleep. Nighty night!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey everyone glad your all doing ok are you all ready for christmas?

Rhonda i got some coldsore patches i put one on last night you keep it on for 8 hours so i did and when i took it off it was full of stuff it must be getting the infection out. I have put a new one on now hopefully it will dry out because that is what it is meant to do. I have them all the time sinc ei was a child and i even had shinggles 2 years ago cus i was so run down xxx

Vickie i get them all the time like i just said and i always get them when im run down and stressed hopefully it will go soon xxx

maryann let meknow how you get on next thursday good luck xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote