Old 11-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

We decided on Tucker for a name for the dog...Everyone likes it and it seems to fit him..My daughter said MoJo is sometimes used by kids today with sexual connotations, but I have never heard it used that way.

2 kids have returned home today to Ca & Boone,NC. One will leave tomorrow.

Its been great having a full house. We went through some of Robin's stuff today that I am gving the girls. That went great and I think waiting til now when it wasn't quite so soon & fresh was a very smart move.

I am having a few more left overs tomorrow and then plan to start Monday with a clean frig stocked only with my Low Carb foods.
I am working on a notebook tonoght with recipes & food list to help me plan.
I think right now I am going to plan & shop for 2 days at a time and then stretch that to 3 or 4.

I am selecting tile tomorrow & hoping to get a long list of ToDo's done this week.

I really wish I could find a career I am excited about. The Speech Therapy was a long time ago and is okay but it's something I am not passionate about.
I have the time now to pour my time & energy into a job/passion..Travel would be fun and easy now without kids at home.
I am praying for direction in a career that would fit me. In the next few months I need to start something so I don't spend savings..I can do Speech if I need to while I am exploring other ideas..

I have always loved animals and had a knack with them, but I don't know how I could make money with that ...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Nancy, Tucker sounds good. Here in Texas Mojo usually means a good luck omen. There's a football team in West Texas that advertises its "Mojo Magic." Tucker sounds cute, though. Have you thought of being a vacation writer or something like that?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
Nancy, Tucker sounds good. Here in Texas Mojo usually means a good luck omen. There's a football team in West Texas that advertises its "Mojo Magic." Tucker sounds cute, though. Have you thought of being a vacation writer or something like that?
I don't know what a vacation writer does really but I am looking it up now..
Old 11-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

I just googled it, too. Looks like a lot of possibilities. You're a good writer.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Mojo actually did have early sexual innuendo, but Tucker is a male dog, right?!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #36  
focused and aiming

Last edited by ontarget; 11-26-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #37  

I like the name Tucker and looks like it suits him. Very handsome doggie.

I went shopping today. Picked up a few things from Joann Fabric and Hobby Lobby for a few projects I'm working on.

Nancy and Vickie, good luck with the bathroom remodels. We did ours last winter and it took us forever, or at least it seemed like it did. It was quite a job but I'm loving it now.

Sandra, you did good. Better than I did today. Lets just say I had a date with 5 Guys, lol.

Rhonda, Happy Anniversary. Outback, yummy. Love that place.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

whew...just finished hosting breakfast for 13 people about an hour ago. I'm going back to bed!!!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Just got home from church and lunch. I did well and am patting myself on the back. This is 3 days in a row I've been OP. Who'da thunk it?
Old 11-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #40  

Spent til 3 with my son before he left to return to school. Then I had 2 hours before the tile shop closed to pick out everything for my bath tile job.
Tile,accent tile,grout,mortar,corner shelves,soap dish,adhesive ,tile sealer,backerboard,screws,backerboard tape.
That is the way to go. No time to over analyze anything. I already knew the look I was after which helped. The lady was excellent at helping me and i was done by 5 when they closed. I chose a Travertine that was a bit more than another I liked but I think it will appeal to buyers..
When its done i will post a before & after picture.

If this guy doesn't show up tomorrow I am going to jump in there and do it myself...

I just went through my kitchen and threw out all the stuff I shouldn't eat.
I really need a set night I plan & shop for groceries..Or 2 nights so I have fresh veggies.. Do most of you shop when needed or on set days..??
Maybe I just need to plan 3-4 days and shop and then repeat (and not worry about which day it is) Then if I eat out or stretch my food another day I can go a day longer.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

I shop when needed. I find I don't "need" to go as often now that I don't get Peanut M&M's to eat on the way home.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #42  

Ems...let us know how you are doing

Last edited by nancy237; 11-28-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

I'm subbing 8th Grade History classes today. Great kids! I'm OP, too! Life is good.

Ems? How are you?