Old 11-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Chat: Core/Simply Filling: Nov 14-20

new thread
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #2  

Good morning chickies.

Didn't realize I didn't post one time last week. I've been reading DIY blogs and get so caught up in them.

Nancy, please be careful. I am not a fan of quick fixes or any of those clinics. My daughter went to one and they gave the b-12 shots and pills. She didn't lose much and gained it right back when she went off the program.

Maryann, have they determined what is causing your shortness of breath? I forgot what happened with Alice. What changed your mind about her?

Rhonda, how is your new plan coming along?

Sandra, I guess you are busy subbing.

Vickie, happy belated anniversay. Sorry I missed it.

ems hope you were able to drop the extra pounds. It's such a chore, trying to keep the weight off, once you lose it.

jojo, how is mum doing?

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I've been busy. Going to make this really pretty wreath and will post a pic when I get it done. We are not going to KY for Thanksgiving, but the kids are using my house for dinner, since it's bigger. I told them to be sure to clean good and not to leave any food in fridge. Wish we could be there, but don't want to make that quick trip.

What are everyones plans this week?
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Pam, I know what you mean. Time gets away from me so easily. I hope this week will be a bit more quiet for me. I have meals out this week on Saturday and Sunday. Ugh. It is SO hard to make the friends the celebration and not the food. At least we will be at restaurants where I don't have to feel like if I don't clean my plate, I'm saying I don't like THEIR food!

I simply cannot believe the weekend flew by so quickly.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had lots to do this morning,so I couldn't post at time. I got on the scale this morning and it it 159.5Don't know if that a fluke or the correct number. Will know definitely next Saturday.

PAM-Thanks for the new pages,The hospital told me that the results would be in on Monday so I called my doctor and the nurse said they didn't arrive yet. Once they do my doctor will call,hope soon as if its bad I will cancel my trip to NY for Thanksgiving.

It all Started during Hurricane Irene when she stayed with me during the storm. We were talking about friends we used to know,and she wanted me to go back to this woman who lost her DH the same time I did as she really down I told her no,as I didn't want to be pulled down with her. Well Alice thought that wasn't very Christian of me and that she would meet with this woman I told her ok, you meet with her. Than after the storm was over we went down to the beach to see the damage,each in our own cars. Once there we decided to go to BBC restaurant for lunch and she got into an accident in the parking lot and blamed me,when I wasn't even in her car. Since then she got very cold to me and I did left it at that.She did all the calling and than last Wed she called and asked if we could go out for pizza When we met she was fine,but not the bubbly personality I once knew,telling that she was broke. I don't know if she has the notion that I should pay for her car or what. My other friends told me to be friendly when she calls but don't go out with her on a regular bases.

Don't know until I here form the doctors before I buy my bus & train ticket down to my DD for TG. If it bad news I will stay home.

VICKIE-If I don't go down to my DD I'm going to miss her cooked TG dinner as she's a good cook.The only thing I don't like is that she makes everything ahead of time and than heats the dishes on sterner and the meal is cold and I have to heat my turkey dinner in her microwave. She get mad at me for doing that but I like my dinners hot.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #5  

Hi Everyone,
Im Grace and I just started Core yesterday im finding it ok however whenever I see someone eating white bread im jealous.

Food wise ive been sticking to 2 pieces of multigrain bread a day, lean meats, and one serve of potato, pasta or noodles a day.

I have already lost 23kg or 50 pounds on weight wachers using points but I felt I needed a change. I actually went of WW for a while but didnt gain any weight which is good.
rogersgrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:58 AM   #6  

Also wondering is sugar free malple syrup a core food?
Old 11-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Hi there. to the boards. Congratulations on losing 50 pounds. That's awesome! I don't think the sf syrup is CORE, but it's really low in points.

Maryann, I'm sorry you're having the problems with that lady. Don't let it turn you to food. Sounds like you're doing well. Congrats on being in the 150's.

Pam, I've been in a whirlwind, too, and have been losing track of time. I cancelled my subbing assignment that was to last through this Thursday. I was starting to be too fatigued.

Vickie, it is hard to deal with events, isn't it? I go through the same thing, too.

My eating plan has been askew. I need a or
My brother called and wants to get together for Thanksgiving. We're working on arrangements. No more whining from me. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

I kept clicking my 3FC link and it was taking me to last week. I thought everyone had vanished ..I was just lost LOL

I am feeling fine ..Skipped the B Shots I was supposed to get on Monday in case they caused the migraine. I agree that a migraine is my body saying to watch out. Now I am just doing the vitamins & healthy low carb ..I feel great, in fact my joints feel better..

Decided I need to find a Handyman/Jack of all trades to help me get the last stuff on the house list done. With that help I could be done by January. Then while I am working next year I can do more dejunking.. Once I go to work I will probably be on the couch with my feet elevated when not working
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #9  

Darn no maple for me then. I read it on another website some where and thought I should ask as it sounded too good to be true.

Not craving carbs so much today.

Oh and I have 44 pounds to go.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

That's about how much I need to lose, too. You sound more focused than I am right now. I still need Okay, Cuz, where art thou? I need you here to give me that

Last edited by ontarget; 11-15-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Here you go, Cuz:

ps: we won't be coming down, Sandra...too much $$ spent on car, etc
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Went to my orthopedic doctor yesterday and according to the x ray he sees a hair line fracture on my hip along with arthritis,kept on asking me if I fell don't remember except the big fall I had in February at the Library,and I don't think that would have caused. So the hospital is going to call me to set up an appointment for an MRI before my follow up on Dec 15.

Decided to go down to NY and just take it easy catching all those trains. I'm going to schedule at least 1hr before each train, so I don't have to run get out of breath catching a train. Going to tell my DD that I going to be later than I was on the other trips I made.

My DD called back after telling her about my hip and told me that she was going to buy all the toiletries for me and and she want a list of anything that I really need and she'll pick it up so I don't have to carry so much. Than when I go home from the Christmas holiday I can take what I want home.She also told me that I should bring clothes down with me that I don't use all the time I can leave it there for the two holidays or she would mail the package of clothes back to me. The kids don't believe in Santa anymore so don't bring any presents down on Christmas she'll take me out to the stores down there to buy for them.

Now I heard on the radio that the tent people[protesters] are going to be at South Station where I'm going to meet my train.Hope I don't get hurt by them.

to the board.-I used to do the core program but it didn't work for me so now I just counting calories with portion control.

SANDRA- Oh I now,she was my best friend and I didn't expect that from her. NO!!not going to get up and start eating junk food. It was a fluke as I back to the 160's again. Need a Kick but I really like to give a

NANCY-I think I going to do the same thing with my vitamins and supplements I think I taking to many and I just should stick to multi and cal/mag and vit c d and that all. My sister started me on them & I don't think they're helping me weight-wise.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Ouch! Thanks, Cuz!!!!!

And thank you, too, Maryann!! Sounds like your dd is helping you a lot. That's good.

Last edited by ontarget; 11-16-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

cheers pam i lost 2lbs of my 5lb gain and i have wi tonbight so i am hoping i loose some of that gain to get bk to goal. how are you doing? xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Not much new here, Chickies. Tap dancing, lifting weights, etc. Tonight I'm going to the New Beaujoles tasting, then to look at a quilt display.

Haven't lost any more weight, and am finding the whole thing a touch boring today. But, my eating has been very clean and I'm proud of that.

I did a lot of yard work, and had 10 bags of leaves for the city to pick up. These oak trees are beautiful, but.....

Last edited by Tejas; 11-17-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote