Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default New pages for our chat Aug29th-Sept 4th

Where the heck is the year going? Autumn (fall) already and Christmas just around the corner, if you go by what is in the shops
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the new pages, Jojo. This part of the year is dragging for me this year, with this endless heat. I might go look for Christmas items just to assure myself that it might get cooler. It was 110F at 6PM on Friday. Oh well, it is feeling a tiny bit cooler in the mornings.

I went to two events where there was food this weekend and I didn't have the best control. I wasn't awful, but I'm not getting on the scales!

My niece's children went to University in Brattleboro, VT and know that building that is hanging over the water very well. I've seen it too--sad that they lost those 100 + year old bridges.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #3  

jojo..I understand even better now when you would post about getting through all the first of the first year without your daughter..

The cooler air brings the memories of how life was so great last fall. Robin had recovered from the severe back problem the year before, the double knee surgery & his hand reconstrucion. We were finally able to travel & enjoy family . We were dreaming about that cabin on our land and making a 5 year plan to built it.. Sending son to college..Robin was teaching me to shot a 22 .Then the diagnosis on Dec 20th.

Maybe that is better than this spring when the "last year this time " memories will be the cancer nightmare.

I feel like it is less raw most of the time but then waves of intense stuff comes through and I feel like I did that last day at the hospital. I wonder if some people never recover their joy..I know I will survive, make it, carryon. What choice do I have ?? But I think my heart will grieve this forever.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #4  

Well, Nancy, yes. It's 25 years after my husband's death and I still grieve that loss.

Cancer IS a nightmare. My husband was told in mid-May that they didn't see any cancer in his body and 6 weeks later he died. We had been planning for a baby. It does get much less raw, but I remember, and bring back, the sights and sounds and smells from both the good and the not-good times. In my opinion, as long as you/we remember that each day is a gift, to be lived as well as possible and in a way that honors the loved one, all is as well as it is going to be.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #6  

Hello chicks. Glad everyone survived Irene.

I haven't lost this week. I am so bored, here in KY. Can't wait to get back to Florida. We leave for Vegas in 2 wks, so I look forward to that. Then eye exam the beginning of Oct and then back to Florida. I see my cardio dr. next week. I hope he doesn't remember he told me to lose weight, because I've gain 5 lbs lol.

I get in slight depression when I think about all my family members that are no longer with us. I'm the oldest generation now and I miss them so much.

Nancy, you are doing so well. I'm not sure if I would be able to say the same.

Sandra, congrats on losing another 2 lbs. You are doing fantastic.

Rhonda, I hope you get relief from that awful heat soon.

Maryann, sorry about your family but glad they are okay.

Vickie, hang in there girl.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Pam, I changed my cardiologist appt from Sept to Jan. Hope I have some weight off by then. He wants me to lose 50 lbs. That's not going to happen but maybe the challenge 20.

It's been a lowkey day today. I'm op. Life is good.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #8  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

I know Nancy, and I wish I could tell you what to do. Sometimes the memories are so vivid they are heartbreaking. Just go with the flow love, cry when you feel the tears, don't bottle it up. I remember letting them go in a supermarket and the girl on the till was just so understanding. You see a whole new side of people.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:31 PM   #9  

I'm watching the National Geographic program on 9-11. They are doing an entire week of programming. I recommend it to you.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #10  

RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #11  
beachbum

I'M BACK,THE POWER WAS RESTORED IN MY AREA THIS MORNING,BUT THE SAD THING I HAD TO DUMP ALL MY FOOD IN THE FREEZER & REFRIG,[COULDN'T SAFE IT] WHEN SO MANY PEOPLE ARE STARVING IN THE COUNTRY BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMY.

Alice got here electric yesterday and moved out yesterday morning, and my other friends didn't lose there power.Funny all power around is were on, except for my street that is on one of the main streets in our town. I called the emergency number on my cell and they told me to call tomorrow,than I hear that we will be with out power until Friday,and than Walla the power came on.It was almost like find a precious jewel or gem that I found. Gee!! are we spoiled without power and all they equipment we use that needs it.

My DD lost 10 tall trees but only three were close to the house,I tried to call her but I think she still out of power.My DS is at work and was happy to hear my electricity was restored. He has power also,as he lives in the NY city.

Will come back tomorrow when I have some time,just wanted to let you know I'm ok and will be able to go back to normal living.

Have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 08-30-2011 at 11:03 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #12  

Maryann, glad to hear that all is well with you and yours. It's sad to lose trees but not when so much more could have been lost, and was lost by so many.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I'm glad you're safe. Ten trees is a lot to lose, but as Rhonda said in the big scheme of things your daughter was lucky.

I made chicken/dressing for lunch today. Eating celery is very very noisy.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #14  

Sandra, I bought some organic celery yesterday and the taste, the smell, the crunch were so much better than the ordinary. It's worth looking for.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Mary Ann, I'm glad you're well and have power. I still haven't heard from my family in New Jersey.

Rhonda, I'll look for the celery. I still LOVE Sandra for a million reasons but one is that she turned me on to Ranier cherries. I await them eagerly every year. Do you just eat your celery plain?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote