Old 08-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Now that the storm is moving east one of my nieces is in the path: she lives in Virginia. She's savvy and will be allright I imagine. She'll probably go to the stable and be with the horses!

I'm off to a meeting of the city council in just a minute. I live on the Barnett Shale where there is a gas well every place you look. Some of us have had enough of that. If I'm not back, you'll know I'm in the pokey!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #32  

I'm not in the pokey! It was a very civil meeting.

DH ordered a pizza tonight. I had to have a piece, and, of course, part of a light beer. Enjoyed it immensely.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:46 AM   #33  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

What's happening? We saw pictures of Irene on TV last night. Hope you girls are safe.

Forgot to say: Where are you Ems? I'm the only one flying Y Ddraig Goch on here, and I'm based in England

Last edited by jojo23; 08-26-2011 at 03:50 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #34  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Well I'm prepared for the storm as much as I can.Got all my supplies,now I'm worrying about the patio.My sister told me at at 100 MPH wind the stuff on my patio will go though my window like a speeding bullet,but I can't move the heavy stuff. I guess I will have to take my chances.

Tonight I have to go to a trustee meeting,and I really don't feel like going.They say its a emergency meeting,but changing the lawn service to me is not an emergency.

Yesterday my friend Mary and I saw "One Day" with Anne Hathaway. My friend & I didn't care for it, we gave it 4 my sister gave it a 8. The story to us was too slow,and didn't make sense.

Well I'm going to try to get the stuff off the patio,have a nice weekend if I don't get back on the board by Monday's new week you know I lost power.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #35  

Maryann: I was thinking about the stuff on the patio also. Perhaps your handyman could anchor it with chains or cables?? Now, don't go take walks on the beach

Seriously, good luck.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #36  

Maryann,

I am wonderiung about just turning the tables over would help if you can do that.
The wind would have less surface to blow against.

Another trick i heard about is to turn your frig & freezer thermostat a bit colder than normal. If power goes out the cold will last longer .

If you have internet give us an update as we will be worried til we hear.

I have left way to much til today, moving stuff from yard, getting lights for my handyman tomorrow & getting something to wear for my reunion tonight.
I really wish they would postpone the reunion. Here we have lots of flooded roads when we get lots of rain and that may be the biggest danger along with downed trees.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks for the support, Chicks! I'm trying to breathe here.

Mary Ann and Nancy, please be safe.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Girls, be safe and keep us posted. We'll definitely be glued to the TV to see what's happening.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're not in the pokey. We're tired of all the drilling and stuff, too, including gas trucks and earthquakes as well as the unsightlyness.

Did I spell that correctly?

Vickie, I'm glad you're breathing. It won't be long till the 12th. Hang in there. I hope all goes well with all the projects ya'll have going.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #39  

Sandra, some of the towns up here are having some success in getting ordinances and regulations toughened up to protect the citizens. Folks, living where they think fracking for gas is going to save us is quite an adventure, to put it very mildly.

We went out to dinner and I had a margarita and spinach enchiladas. I scraped the cheese off the top and didn't eat too many chips before the meal. I'll pay for it, but it was so good.

I had a massage today and I think my knee is a bit less swollen. Tomorrow, I am going to have acupuncture.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:07 AM   #40  

Its getting really gusty here tonight, I can't sleep. I forgot to look for a radio so I am going to try to find one I have somewhere.

All this makes me miss Robin more than normal. He would be super prepared and I would be sleeping like a baby knowing he had everything under control.

None of my kids have called to check which makes me feel sorry for myself..
I just need to get over that...
Old 08-27-2011, 04:08 AM   #41  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Nancy, ring your kids and tell them how you feel. Sometimes we put up a front, quite unintentionally, which sends out the message that we can cope quite well with anything life throws at us and we don't welcome interferance.

Hang in there everyone... or hang on there when Irene breaks. We have updates of it on our TV and it looks a fearsome beast.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #42  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Waiting for the storm to hit tonight and into tomorrow and than the left over on Monday morning. But from a category 3 its now 1 and from 100 MPH they are now staying when it hits the Cape it will be 60MPH and hey we get that with the winter nor'easter so I'm not really worried,except for the power going out.

My Grand Daughter called me[10 years old] on her new cell phone as she had to get one for middle school. Asked how I was doing and if I was ready for Irene. I told her I was fie and I going to have on e of my friends over and we we might be playing cards & a board game with the flashlight. She told that sound like fun and than she hung up.

Thanks VICKIE-0The worst of the storm is think is behind us as it only a category 1 and we have these winds in the wintertime.

RHONDA- The tables are secure and the other stuff I took downstairs to the basement.

NANCY-Thanks for the refrig trick I turned up the freezer & refrig,I also made 8 blocks of ice from loaf pan that I will keep in the freezer. I know what you mean I wish my Leo was here he did all that for me,know I have to remember to do it myself.Children will do that there several times I would feel hurt but that in return made me turn hard and gave me thick skin now I think I can take anything that they throw at me.

JOJO-I agree what you told Nancy,and thanks but by the time Irene comes it will not a a monster like they let you to believe.

Have to go,have a great weekend if I don't get back to you by next Monday you know I lost power.

Last edited by beach bum; 08-27-2011 at 09:06 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #43  
focused and aiming

Good morning, I'm glad Irene is slowing down a bit, but I am still concerned for you girls. Be careful!

Nancy, I agree with JoJo also. Don't be afraid to tell your kids how you feel. Ya'll are very very close and they love you deeply and want you safe--and secure emotionally and physically.

Rhonda, dinner sounds delish. Can I claim half that margarita as mine?

We went to the Friday Fish Fry last night. Yes, I had my catfish fried. I also had 2 hushpuppies and veggies. I did not have the dessert that came with the meal or the rolls. That's about as good as I can be right now. I am looking forward to Monday's wi. I've been "near-good" all week.

Got to go. I'm making Core spaghetti/meatsauce for lunch. Catch ya later.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #44  

Thanks everyone..Most of the kids have called this am..
Just called the youngest and reminded him to check in ocassionally.

I couldn't sleep all night but finally went to the couch downstairs and slept all morning til 11 am. The wind gusts are strong whipping thru our trees so I
am praying they don't come down today.

I need to use the day to get some organizing and paperwork done.

Eating is not all that heathly but I am not eating large amounts.
I think I need to join our YMCA to start a habit of exercise.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I'm glad you got to talk to each of them. Life is good.