Old 08-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Nancy, thanks for the update about the storm. I was thinking about it, and you, Maryann, and Sloan (wherever she got off to these day )
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #17  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nancy, I'll be praying for you! Storms scare the heck out of me.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #18  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

CRIKEY GIRLS

What with the trouble in Libya, the earthquake on your east coast and now the storm heading towards Pam and Nancy I just don't think I can take any more worry! Keep in touch now and let us know how you are
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #19  

JoJo..thanks for worrying !!
I didn't even feel the quake.
I was traveling to Charlotte so I may have just thought it was a rough road LOL.
I was talking to my son at the exact time and the call was dropped 1 minute after the quake time.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, he must have been a truly wonderful person. We need more heroes like him.

JoJo, we were all worried about you for awhile, too, what with the riots. I guess that's what friends do--worry about each other.

Nancy, Paula, Maryann, and anyone else on the east coast--my prayers are with you for a safe trip through the storm. Be careful!

I think Sloan is busy with wedding plans. Not sure.

I met an ex-4th Grader of mine today at Cracker Barrel. We had a great visit--and we both ate on program!!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #21  

Hey ladies. Hoping the storm misses all our east coast friends. jojo, I'm in KY and the storms are east of us.

congrats to all the losers this week. I gained 1 lb.

Havent had a chance to read everything, so I'll try to get back in morning.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #22  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Well, that's a relief! take care now everyone.
We are sorting out cupboards today. 1 pile charity shop, 1 pile dustbin, 1 pile to keep. Lets hope we don't have a senior moment and get them mixed up.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #23  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm wandering aimlessly and still trying to get my footing on plan. We ate much better yesterday and plan to have a good day today and all weekend.

As I posted on FB, someone destroyed our mailbox...AGAIN. I always have pretty ones so it's going to cost me about $350-$400 to replace it. How can someone do that and not come to a person's door and confess. Sigh. It's not life threatening but its upsetting and NOT what I have time to do right now. I'm in the middle of trying to contract a complete master bath remodel and get the pool and deck removed since the filter died last Saturday. The bath remodel should be fun but it's stressful because I didn't want to get it done but rather we have to as it's falling apart.

And I'm a stress eater. YIKES!!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #24  
Southside White Sox Fan

The good news is that I have put on my calendar as September 12th as being my date to return to WW meetings, NO EXCUSES. This not going to meetings never worked for me and it still doesn't. For me, not going to meetings evolves into not working the program.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Ah, Vickie. Breathe And, congratulations on your decision to return to meetings.

Jojo, I've got those same piles in my living room. I'm having company in about 10 days and I hope I remember to get the piles moved
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #26  

jojo...I have big piles in my garage(Charity,Ask Kids, sell,trash) I am making better progress with my stuff by having a sorting area.

Vickie, I can relate to the bath redo. We had a leak, found out it was the tub
spout and water knob, was told the plumbing was old and had to be redone to fit new ones, need to redo tile to get to that...but I am doing it fairly cheap with a friend doing the tiling for me. I am going to use a granite remnant for the vanity top and keep the base I have .

Going to the movies this afternoon "The Help" and then to get the basics for an emergency kit. Our electricity goes out in normal storms quite often so it will be good to have candles, flashlight,cash,batteries, radio all together in one box.
The other night I was trying to use my cell phone light to find the candles & lighter.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #27  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Getting ready for Hurricane Irene,suppose to get winds over 100 MPH when it hits northwest Ma. I got my patio table & benches against the grill and got the dolly wagon against the garbage cans,so I think I will be ok. Have all the food water and Gatorade in that I need. My car is in front of the house but TG I don't have any trees around me. I invited my friend Mary & Alice to my house just in case they are evacuated as they live next to a pond & harbor.

The weather channel told people if the power goes out to use twitter to get the info you need. I don't have a twitter and don't even know what it is.I'm glad a have Leo's weather station radio that goes to the National Weather station for alerts & weather information.

This afternoon My friend Mary and I are going to the movies to see "One Day" with Anne Hathaway & Jim Sturgess. My sister saw it Tuesday night and told me it was an 8 & a tear jerker so I'm bringing my 2 packs of tissues with me.

RHONDA-Thanks for thinking out us,Hate big storms and I scared of them also,but I have my faith that all things will be fine.

NANCY-Since you're alone for the first time, do you have anyone to stay with or near you????? The worst thing is that our weather media always like to ex-saturate[sp] the situation so lots of people are not going to believe them when the real storm comes. You're lucky you have a generator I don't and will have to rely on my manual can opener if the power go out but having cold soup & cold veggies.

SANDRA-Thanks,I think I got everything down packed.Now its the waiting. They say that the storm will reach us Sat Night into Sunday and Monday as its a slow moving storm.

PAM-Your lucky that you are going to miss the storm,that the only thing I don't like living directly on the coast,but our last storm was Bob in 1991,and i understand we had it bad than I was in NY at the time.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #28  

Maryann..I think my frig would keep things at least cold between the freezer
and the frig side. I haven't checked about the gas & oil for the generator.
If my power were out I think I might shut the house up and go to Boone.

Could you use your grill to heat up soup & stuff ??

I should be doing more and if it hits us bad I will regret not stocking up more.
After my movie today I am going to get some stuff. Just sold my large freezer last week and I could have used it to stock up on ice for the ice chest .

We have so many trees that I am thinking about parking Robins truck up at the shopping center . Then at least I could get to it and have transportation.
I could get the smaller car in the garage.

My high school reunion is Friday & Sat night and I think they should reschedule it. People should not be traveling & out this weekend.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #29  

Stay safe everyone. I was in Florida a few years back when we had hurricane after hurricane. I'm more in the middle of the state and got the high winds, etc, rain, but nothing like the coast received. We got wind damage to the roof. Will be praying everyone is safe and sound.

Vickie, my eating is out of control too. I don't like the WW meetings here in KY, so when I get back to Florida, I'm going to start attending again. I loved the meetings in Florida, and the people were super nice. It got over crowded after the new year and that is why I quit going.

I wish someone would come here and get rid of my excess junk. I started organizing earlier and then gave up. Just too much stuff, lol.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

You girls in the storm's path be extra careful.

Vickie, . Now also take a deep breath. The remodeling, etc....will end before too long. (Easy for me to say, right?) We're starting an OA group at our church on Sept. 12. Coincidence?

I subbed today and had a grand time. The kids are cute. I had freshman and also senior English classes. Tomorrow--the same + pep rally. Don't know what happened to my school spirit. I will most likely duck out during pep rally and head home.

I am OP!! Life is good. Now I need to add exercise. Does walking down extremely long hallways count?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote