Old 08-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #46  

Height: 5'4"

Vickie...are you well or still recovering...
When you say hanging on do you mean about your eating ??

My son is leaving tonight for college . His dad is moving him in and I am going to drive there on Monday to help him get last minute things for his apartment.
I should be pulling things together from here but he has the basics & we aren't sure exactly what the other 3 kids are bringing so getting moved in first seems better & then seeing what is missing.
Plus bringing things from here will be a great excuse to visit.
Maybe I will hide a few things he has piled up to take so I "need" to bring
them
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #47  
focused and aiming

Hi there. Just got home from shopping. I came home with Subway sandwiches. Since I'm doing old CORE, I use avocado instead of mayo. I had the ham sandwich and it was yummy!!

Vickie, hanging in there is about all we can do. Just keep hanging. I'll do the same.

Nancy, I love your sneakiness. Do it!!

Maryann, I wish you could bottle some cool air for us, too. Our weather guesser says 30% chance of rain tonight. We're hoping he's right.

Pam, your oats sound delish. I had mini shredded wheat/strawberries/blueberries this morning.

JoJo, I used to head up an at-risk program at a local high school. It's sad the lack of parental support and guidance a lot of young folk get.

Rhonda, I am glad you got some cooler temps yesterday. We're competing outdoors tomorrow morning and don't really mind the possibility of shooting in the rain.

I'm already scheduled to sub 2 days the first week of school. High school English. Should be fun. I'm looking forward to it. Keep cool, folks!

Last edited by ontarget; 08-12-2011 at 01:49 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #48  
Southside White Sox Fan

Just my eating....and feeling made at myself for letting it affect my health. Can't exercise because of the heel and then ate poorly and now my cholesterol and triglycerides are all back up. Grrr......
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #49  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like we are going to have a great weekend for the Road Race as the traffic is getting heavier & heavier. My friend Mary and I are going to the movies today to see The Help. My sister told me that the book was super good and she want to go see the movie The Help also.

Was going to our churches Flea Market this morning but with the traffic coming in off my block I do think I'll make it, until I go the other way.

Got on the scale this morning and I lost 3 lbs those were the pound I gained when on vacation.

SANDRA-I hope you get relieve soon.

VICKIE-Summer time we tend to eat more than the rest of the year. Just keep in mind small portions,especially when you can't exercise.

Have to go, have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #50  

morning.

Maryann, I very seldom go to the movies. Not familiar with The Help. Hope you make it to the flea market. woohoo on losing those 3 lbs.

I was going to vacuum my car, but it's already 82 and humid. Might have to wait for a cooler morning. I do need to go grocery shopping. Out of fruit and veggies. Also need to research some filling but healthy snacks before I go.

Vickie, hang in there kiddo. It's no fun to have to constantly watch every bite we put in our mouths. I'm still down 2 lbs from Monday, so I hope to see a good number next week.

have a great weekend.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

RAIN
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #52  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Morning Gang

It is 20 past 5 pm and I've been really lazy today. Dolly, our Labrador wanted to go out at 4am and Mark got up with her. I sort of dozed. He decided to go to the downstairs loo before coming back to bed. As he came out and made his way back to the stairs, he fell over the aforementioned dog! Now we have oak floorboards but a cellar (basement) under them.It sounded like a piano had turned over, I thought he'd had another coronary and collapsed. I shot downstairs, he was OK and so was the dog, which is more than can be said about me. It was gone 5 before my hair had stopped standing on end.

I don't know if anyone else on here knits socks and suffers from the 2nd sock syndrome? It is very common, but if someone doesn't know, it is when the first sock knits quickly with no problems but everything goes wrong with the second and it takes twice as long. I think I've cracked it... I now have 2 sets od double pointed needles and knit the both socks at the same time.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #53  

jojo...I know that scared you to death..glad he & the dog were okay
Does the double knitter knit 2 at one time. That is amazing. My mom was really good at crochet (sp?) She did lots of different things and I wish I had more things she made.

My son left last night to head to college. His dad is moving him in and I am going next week to help him get his apartment set up . My cousin came to spend the night last night and we talked and played with IPhoto on our macs til 5am. Then we got up at 1pm and went to get breakfast.

I am ready to do some serious "clean sweeping" . Thats what I call it because its time to go through every room & attic & garage & sheds and evaluate my stuff. I think I am going to designate the garage for everything I am not keeping. Then I can decide between give away, sell ect. That system helps me be more agressive with clean out because I have one more chance to change my mind if I decide its too sentimental.

Sorta excited about cleaning out. Maryann, you've done a lot of cleaning out haven't you ???

Funny story about my cousin, she is cleaning out my Aunt's bedrooms at her house (she is starting to hoard in the back bedrooms ) Because my Aunt sits in the den she opened the bedroom windows & threw trash bags out one window & charity bags out the other. Then she drove to that side of the house & loaded them up. I know that sounds terrible but my Aunt has dementia & the hoarding was a safety/heath hazard so I thought it was a brillant way to get the job done without any stress to my Aunt.. Now my Aunt loves that the rooms are neat & usable.

Last edited by nancy237; 08-14-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Nancy, since I don't have children, I'm sure I will be relying on my nieces in my (really) old age. I love the story about how your cousin handled your aunt's stuff. I can see that coming!!

It sounds like a good plan for your own sorting. I still have that to do, with 4 boxes of books unpacked after 1 year and 8 months here. I should simply take them to recycling without looking at them, but I won't.

DH has lost 16 pounds since the end of May. I don't like men very much.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #55  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Went to the Churches Flea Market after all. I bought 3 cook book,Cooking for Two Today,Better Homes Meals in Minutes & Betty Crocker Working Woman's Cookbook, along with the book I go a huge Emerald Broche. My friend Mary in the afternoon went to see The Help,couldn't believe how the rich woman in the town of Jackson treated their help. I cried at the torment,but it turned out fine after the book was published.After the movie we wanted to go to 99 to eat but we never got in.This morning it took me 25 minute ride to church where it just takes me5 minutes. I had to go into the other direction,as the cars wouldn't let me into the lane. Got to church on time but my friends & I decided it was to dangerous with car & people walking all over to have brunch as Friendly's that's on the main drag,all heading down to the beach and watch the stupid race.

PAM-Did get to the Flea Market where I bought 3 cooking books [cooking for two today, BH&G Meals in Minutes & BC Working Woman's cookbook] Can't wait to go over the recipes and try them. Thanks for the congrats, I like to make that Christmas Challenge. Just noticed your reply about grandsons. I hope he will grow out of it,or they will have problems with him,as hes turning 8 in November.

JOJO-Oh my Goodness,TG he or the dog wasn't hurt.I can image how frighten you were. Do you have a bannister on the side of the stairs. Went I go downstairs to do my laundry I hold on to the bannister with my right hand and carry the basket between my left arm and boobs.

Sorry I'm not a sock knitter. I tried using 4 point needles and my socks come out horrible and when I use a circular needle they are a little better but not perfect. I buy my socks instead.

NANCY-Yes I started with the bedroom[getting rid of Leo clothes & belonging I didn't want] than I moved down to the basement where we stored lots of junk we never got rid of so I let my DD decide she wanted before I told the junk man to come. You never stop getting rid of stuff,especially for me I'm not a hoarder like on TV but I did collect thing I might use and after I decide not to use the item instead of throwing it away I put in the basement .

RHONDA- I have to agree with you men some how lose faster than woman. Never had fat uncles,cousins, or nephews,but on the woman side of my family are either over weight or obese.

Have a great afternoon,going to watch the golf tournament game.

Last edited by beach bum; 08-14-2011 at 04:50 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #56  

I always manage to post late Sunday night , right before new pages LOL.
I made tons of progress today getting things to the garage to get rid of and arranging the garage to make lots of room to work ..
Grandson has first day of school tomorrow and I get to pick him up after school. I think I will take him to get some school clothes after I pick him up.
Today was a good day...
Old 08-15-2011, 02:36 AM   #57  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

The New Pages Are Ready
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote