Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #31  

Nacy - The kayak sounds like a fun active present for your grandson!! Good Job keeping the portions small that the party dinner!!

I feel pretty good about my eating today. I ate good tasty foods but was very aware of my portions and making sure the veggies took top spot on my plate. I am very proud that I did not snack alot today that is one of my biggest hurdles. I also got in 40 minutes on the treadmill. I think the biggest key for me is to stay aware of what I am putting in my mouth I do a lot of mindless snacking. I also have a huge sweet tooth.

Does anyone have some good advice on satisfying the sweet tooth without ruining my eating for the day?
hope82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #32  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope82 View Post

Does anyone have some good advice on satisfying the sweet tooth without ruining my eating for the day?
I am trying to figure out the same thing.
I am going to try sugar free hard candies, sugar free popsicles, and sugar free hot chocolate.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Purge your house of all sweets and don't buy anymore! That will make it easier. Then, just gut your way through the cravings

I like to eat strawberries with Stevia and fat-free, calorie-free, everything free whipping cream. Sweet and feels like I got away with something. One cup is about 17 carbs.

Last edited by Tejas; 07-21-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:20 AM   #34  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Nancy Mark used to kyak when he was younger, loads of fun and good exercise. These days he and I are very jealous of anyone who can fit one

Murdoch Well the cops were so busy ejecting protesters that they missed this guy sitting quietly at the back. How come they ddin't notice that he had paper plates and a tin of shaving cream lord alone knows. The Met are remnowned for not being that bright. Mrs Murdoch has a HUGE amount of kudos over here after her right arm smash. We reckon she would have given Tyson a run for his money

HOPE
This worked for me: Get some raw cauliflower and brocolli stalks, trim then into 'matchsticks', keep in the fridge and munch when the sweet tooth overtakes you. If you are really suffering though, get a low cal/fat chocolate bar cut it into small portions and allow yourself a piece through the day. Knowing you can have it sometimes eases the cravings and much better you ration yourself than give in completely and you are found face-down in a box of donuts with a satisfied smile on your face.

Going looking for a carpet this morning. Hoping to get one in a sale. We can buy whatever is cheapest because all our walls are magnolia, or will be when we have finished and as the house is going on the market (eventually) .
Have a good one everyone
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #35  

About the sweets:
The book I just read said to freeze grapes for something to munch on.
That is if grapes are on your diet.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #36  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies. Its been HOT, HOT, HOT here. Today and tomorrow we are under heat watch. I'm glad I'm at work. DD is at camp, I think they'll be inside most of the day and when they do go out, playing water games. Things here are going well. I stayed the same this week, which is OK since weigh in day was on a bad time of the month :0 I've been sticking to plan, so it will catch up next week.

We close on our cottage in a week and 1/2. I've been busy trying to get all the stuff together. Insurance is now done, finances are set. Today I need to call the electric company to get that switched on the 2nd. When we drive up for the close we're loading up the car with a bunch of boxes of stuff we've collected from our house. The kitchen is basically set from stuff we had around our house and we also have an old rocking chair that will go up as well. We won't have time to get anything organized, just drop and head home. Its about 2 1/2 hour drive and we need to go up and back in one day. We'll be there for a week + a week and 1/2 later for vacation. Busy, busy, but exciting!!!

Welcome to all the new ladies. I hope everyone is doing well.

For a sweet snack here is what I've been making in the blender --- 1 cup skim milk, one frozen banana, 4-5 ice cubes. Blend this all together then I add in a Tablespoon of ff/sf pudding mix. I've been using vanilla - it ends up like a thick milkshake. I count it as a cup of pudding. I've also put in frozen strawberries. You can add more ice or fruit to make a bigger cup. Its been great on the hot nights. Just wanted to share!

Have a good day.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

please send me and jojo some of that lush weather over here is rubbish lol

i have wi tonight it aint looking good lol but we will see i got tonights wi and next week wi to get my birthday goal i got a lb to loose. xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

We're going to a game night at friend's tonight. I'm taking homemade cornbread and a huge tossed salad. I'm draining Mandarin oranges to add to the salad. Should be good.

It's hot here, too, with no relief in sight. Life goes on. Hang in there, everyone. Better times will eventually get here unless this isn't real life and is one of those horror "end of the world by hot weather" movies. If that's what it is--I plan to eat as much of whatever I want. I may even roll in sugar and chocolate.

Last edited by ontarget; 07-21-2011 at 02:08 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #39  

I was up late with my cousin & her family & got up at 5 to take them to the airport. I have been tired and sorta taking a rest day. Started a movie but got too sleepy to finish it so I napped and now I will finish it.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #40  

Whew, busy day here: stained glass class, weight lifting, picking up great nieces and taking them to art class, returning them home, visiting with family, etc. I'm finally home. I was sooo hungry I stopped for hamburgers and I ate ONLY 1/2 of one That was enough to tame the hunger monster. I'll have a protein shake later.

Just hot here, as it is so many places. Nothing new. I think I'll roll in chocolate and sugar with Sandra.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:51 AM   #41  

Greenfingers was the movie I watched about a group of prisoners that take up gardening . Enjoyed it.

Skipper is worse today and even with lots of pain pills she is hurting and has slept all day. It seems to hurt her now to lay down or get up. I got her to go outside with me but she just wanted to stay beside me ..Not her normal self..I know
what I have to do for her ..drat it.. I handled my Golden Ret
being put to sleep in '97 much better (and that was on the heels of a divorce ) Back then the house was busy with kids so the
dog wasn't my main companion at the house. That may be the difference or just that I am a bit more depressed now.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:37 AM   #42  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Nancy Our labrador is much more than a pet these days, because she is a link to our daughter. I'm not surprised you are depressed love. If the worst comes to the worst, just imagine your husband and Skipper, both young both healthy and going for long walks in idyllic places. And just remember, when your time comes, they will both be there walting for you. Dammit Nancy I don't think we will be able to see our Beth for blinking dogs when we meet up again!

I feel really let down
I had 7 cousins but now only have 5 and I am the eldest. I have our grandfather’s WW1 medals and, because I now have no children, passed them on to my eldest cousin. He is not short of money, happily retired on a massive private pension, has 2 homes, the second being on the Algarve. He and his wife really have a fantastic life style.
My youngest cousin has a son, Robbie, working in a town a few miles from where my eldest cousin lives. Robbie is a history graduate. He was walking past an antiques shop, saw some medals, thought he’d have a look because he is interested in the 1914-18 war and damn me they were grandpa’s medals. There has been a hades of a row, I’ve kept out of it but I am so sad that this lovely old man, grandpa, who died in 1960 should be valued so lightly by one of his grandchildren. Robbie bought the medals back and I am sure that he will treasure them and keep them in the family. I wish I had given them to him in the first place, but I kept to the family tradition.

They bleeped out HEdouble hockey sticks

Last edited by jojo23; 07-22-2011 at 05:40 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #43  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

HHH and want can I say It finally came up to us,but its not stopping my friend Rita & I to meet this afternoon. No PB club to day and the scientist are all meeting in our hall to talk about OUR CLIMATE[What Does Climate Change Mean To You] They will have a fair and event on this topic. TOO hot for us to go to far so we are meet ay our local restaurant to sit and talk.

Other wise nothing new,Sorry I was MIA yesterday but I was vegging out in this heat,and I'm going to do the same today between meeting my friend at the restaurant.

Have a great day,will be back tomorrow.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #44  
focused and aiming

Just finished some grilled tilapia. It was yummy! Also had a tossed salad of spring mix, mandarin oranges, walnuts, strawberries. It was yummy, too. We're watering now and have been since around 7 this AM. Hate to see our water bill but whatever it is will be worth it if it saves our trees, grass, flowers.

We have a family reunion tomorrow. As a compulsive overeater, I'm already thinking of the food. I need to learn to focus more on the visiting. I'm 64. Do you think I'll ever change?

JoJo, I am glad the medals are back in your family.

Nancy,

Last edited by ontarget; 07-22-2011 at 02:35 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #45  

Jojo, that's just awful that someone cared so little. They should have at the very least given them back to you. Just chicken-hearted! I am so glad that they are back with your family.

I saw the nutriitionist today who did not support my 100 grams of carbs approach. I told her I would get the sticks and check urine to make sure I am not in ketosis. She was adamant that at 100 carbs a day I would be. That is not what other sites say. Oh well.

I'm having neighbors over for what was supposed to be a simple meal. Of course, I have made it difficult, but delicious I hope. The meal is: Gazpacho; Pablano peppers stuffed with chicken, tomatoes, cheese and Mexican spices; creamed hominy: guacamole; and, flan with toasted almonds for desert. The neighbor is making Margaritas. Nothing low carb about it at all.

For those of you who don't know the rules---Margaritas, if drunk while having fun--have no calories.

Nancy, I am so sorry about your doggie.