Old 07-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #16  

morning chicks.

Hope. I do Simply Filling Technique, when I'm seriously doing the program. Hope to see you posting with us.

I finally lost that extra pound. Now I am back to what I was, and have been, since last February. I am been really lazy about cooking. Now that sweet corn is in season, my husband has been eating that everyday. I had a bowl of cereal for dinner.

Sandra, my daughter went to school with this girl. The problem is she is young and immature. My daughter was going to open her own shop and so was this girl so they decided to open together and share the bills. I think that will work out fine. I think once they get opened and settled in, things will be fine. My daughter is a go-getter and this small town has never seen anything like the salon they are opening. Everyone that has had a sneak peek is amazed and asked where my daughter found all the decor. She had a vision going into this and it turned out really nice.

Nancy, good choices when you went to eat mexican. I don't have the will power to leave the shell. Hope the increase in meds will continue to help Skipper.

Rhonda, you are super woman. I hate to count anything, so I give you kudos for all you do.

Maryann, hope your canasta party went well. I used to play canasta when I was a kid. Forgot how to plan now.

Have a good day....
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Hope...

Good for you for getting serious about the weight.
When I was preg & nursing my appetite was out of control.
I gained about 60 lbs with my first son. If I went to a cafeteria
style place I just grabbed everthing I passed, salad, fruit, entrees,sides,bread,desserts...

This is a great group & very supportive.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! You are all doing so well and I'm ashamed. I'm hanging on for dear life and waiting to go back to WW with my friends next Monday. I've been in a cycle of eating and not being too careful. I'd gained two pounds back when I went to JC on Monday. I had a pool party yesterday and linner (lunch/dinner) out with my old work friends. I ate too much and it was bad stuff. So bad that I'm not even going to confess because it would be BAD for my soul. I promise to be back here on Tuesday morning posting AND participating. Gotta push for my second 50 pound marker!

Today is a buff and polish for my feet (kind of a mini pedicure) and then we have dinner out with two of our closest couple friends at Sweet Tomatoes. At least my main entree will be healthy soup and salad! Tomorrow is also a restaurant day. We are hoping that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are just regular days.

We are in the middle of the most hot and dangerous weather right now. My pool was 90 degrees yesterday WITHOUT the solar cover! That has NEVER happened. We'll leave the cover off for another couple of days. I can't swim today because I have too much to do today. I'll be in tomorrow during the day though!

You are all doing so well. I'm proud of you all.

Welcome to our new ladies. I promise to get in and post more helpful stuff to you soon. When I'm on program, which is SOON, I do a combination of the new WW points plus focuses primarily on Simply Filling foods as I'd like to live more natural and less processed.

Light and love.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

well done on all the losses girls your all doing fab so proud of you It is my birthday next week i cannot wait

What are everyones plans this week? xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #20  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

::w el3fc: To our new members, jump right in you are more than welcome.

I'm sure they will settle down Pam and the shop will be a huge success.

Where you been Em? We were waiting for the ransom.

Did anyone see Rupert Murdoch get the custard pie? And the met police are wondering why they are being investigated
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #21  

Yes, jojo, saw the pie in the face. Also saw his wife jump to the rescue and punch that pie guy, lol. Weird that he got in there with a bag and no one checked to see what was in it. Do you not have security over there? Or, wait, maybe they let him in, knowing what he was going to do....just a thought.

Last edited by pam920; 07-20-2011 at 11:35 AM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Saw the pie...again, and again, and again, and again!

Did everyone hear that the restaurant estimations of their calorie content of foods are WAAYYY off? Don't trust them. Off by 100-1000 calories (yes, 1000). Most by 100-300.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

We're leaving in a bit for Curtis' doctor appointment. Guess we'll miss our siesta. I made low/cal/healthy quesadillas for lunch. Life is good.

Vickie, I'm not one that you should envy at all. I'm hanging in there by a thread, too, and I see it unraveling quite a bit. Enjoy this week. You and I will be dusting by Monday.

to the new Chickies. Don't be bashful. Hop right in.

Pam, how about photos of the new shop? I'd love to see them and I know everyone else would, too. I don't go to the Beaumont Ranch any more. I'm now going to "La Belle AMe" (sp?) My friend who was former manager at the ranch moved so I moved with her.

Rhonda, this is a new salon across the street from Lemon Sister's. It's next door to where Gufstaffson's used to be. (again sp?). The shop is long and narrow and looks Parisian complete with brick walls inside. It's cutesie.

Ems and JoJo, I'm still trying to figure out how to ship you some of our temps.

I mowed and watered early this morning. Tomorrow morning I have 2 friends coming to fling arrows with me. Next Monday I'm back in the water. Till then I'm focusing on eating healthy. Starting Monday (Can you start any other day?) I'll be focusing more on losing and may even step onto the scales.

Gotta go. Hugs to all.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #24  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Not going out today,except I had to put the garage out and boy was it HOT at 9 AM. Going in to the high 80's and tomorrow is the 90's.Man on the radio said we are so lucky we live on the Cape as it cooler here.

Sorry I was MIA Yesterday,but I had to get ready for I was hosting the Canasta party. Had a wonderful time with my friends, but one of them had to take her sister to the hospital and we only played single handed instead of partners.

Quote:
I am getting ready to make a list of healthy meal options & then try to cook a healthy dinner each night. Wish me luck. Even if I don't lose weight I mainly want these joints to feel better. I will try some joint meds to like that gluc/chon one
NANCY-Sorry about your two pound,it come off again. I agree with you by eating healthy, & in portion sizes ,but I ditched the diets as I don't believe in them.Every diet out there is on the diet trail to MAKE MONEY. I use triple strength glucosamine chondroitin and I find they do help I also take gelatine for my joints.

Quote:
WELL.... After being static for a few weeks I've lost another pound. Not very much in the grand order of things I know, but I'm happy. I'm at that stage where I'm trying clothes on that didn't fit last year, and this year I can get into them.

JOJO-Ok how can be bottle all our hot & humid air over to you. Congrats on your 1 lb lose,so your losing inches also, that great. wish I could shrink in the belly area as my so my shorts would feel so tight.
Never heard of the phone hacking.

Quote:
Maryann, we are not as hot as Texas, but it's still in the high 90's here, everyday. I miss Michigan's summers. We would have a week of 90's in August and the rest of summer was low 80's. I guess Michigan is getting hit with a heat wave too. Vickie can attest to that.
PAM-I not a fan of HHH weather, that why I moved to the north but I guess not far enough as I love the cold weather more than hot. Just got off the phone with a friend and she & I both agree on the 70's is my kind of temps. Oh I love play canasta, more than the other card games like rummy or polka. Its easy if you 500 rummy than you know canasta as they almost have the same rules. Congrats on your 1 lb loss.

HOPE- to the board and thread you love it here as the woman here are very supportive. and caring even if it not related to weight loss. I for myself aren't on any of the DIET PLANS at all,don't believe in them, I just try to eat Healthy with portion control,along with counting calories and carbs.

EMS-Hope you have a great birthday next week and hope you got close or even hit your goal for your birthday. I didn't do to much in this heat but I did have my canasta games yesterday and the PB club for Friday.

Have a great day.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #25  

Thanks for all the warm welcome ladies!!! Today has been a pretty good day. Had to run to the dollar store and had to have a serious show down with my self to get past the check out line with out adding candy to the basket!! But I did it got out of there and got home with no junk food in my bag!!!
hope82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #26  

Sloan

Are you lurking out there..How are the wedding plans going ??
Old 07-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Thank you Tejas.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

Hope, kudos, my friend. I gave up sugar desserts over 400 days ago. I know how you felt, but I confess it gets easier. Just hang in there.

Maryann, glad you had a good time at your party. Stay cool.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Vickie...think of your pool as a hot tub
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #30  

Things were going great with my new diet until my grandson had pizza for his birthday dinner. I ate one piece and then had a tiny piece of cake.

My grandson got a kayak for his birthday that the whole family pitched in on. We found a used one in ca where one daughter lives and had it shipped by greyhound across the country. My Ca daughter is a professional kayaker so this
was exciting to get him started with a good kayak for his age.
He got to use it tonight in the pool ..

My cousin is on the way over with her 3 kids (16,18 & 21) to spend the night so I can take them to the airport in the morning. I need to go find pillows & blankets for everyone.

Hope..good job resisting the candy. I used to never pick up sweets until after my kids were born & then those chocolates started calling to me !!