Old 06-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies! Its been a busy week. School is now done! DD is happy and I'm thrilled to not have much on our calendar in the coming weeks.

Vickie, so sorry about your sister. I hope she is recovering now.

I had a good week - lost 2 pounds on my first week back. I'm happy with that. It was easy to keep on top of -- except for Saturday. We had a party at our house for dd's class. A lot of fun and a busy day. I did not track anything after breakfast. I did get right back on track on Sunday. Next week summer camp starts and we need to get into the summer routine. I don't have a schedule vacation until the end of August, which is OK with me. I look forward to my 2 weeks.

Have a good day! Its gloomy and raining here
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:12 AM   #17  

thanks jojo, will pass it on to him. Actually, it's midnight and we just got home. The urologist sent him to hospital after seeing him. He had 2 stones, one in kidney and the other in urethra. They blasted the one in kidney and pulled other one. Then they put in a stent, due to inflammation, to be removed in 7-10 days. We arrived at hospital at 2 pm and they did surgery at 8 pm. What a long day. I'm exhausted.

Last edited by pam920; 06-23-2011 at 08:56 AM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #18  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

My sister left this morning and now things can back to normal. Had a wonderful birthday with my sister invited my BF Alice to join us but her shingles are really bothering her,and than my other BF Rita just got back from NY so it was me & my sister. We took a trip back to memory lane which was fun,and back to reality to Woods Hole and saw all the oceanographic stuff and then went to then aquarium,before we had lunch at Captain Kidds. My DD sent me an unusual flower arrangement from flowers.com they were in a shape of a birthday cake.What will they think of next.

PAM-Had a wonderful time with my sister,sorry for not being on the computer as my sister was using periodically to contract here real estate office.

VICKIE-Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your sister having 2 strokes. Hope she ok by the time I'm posting.

JOJO-Congrats on the 2 lbs lost I but i found them and more with all the eating out I did with my sister. My body is not used to restaurant foods.Going to W-I on Sat don't want to know now what damage I did to my ticker.

PAULA-Congrats to you for losing 2 lbs that's great. Schools is out for my g children.My older twin GK graduated from elementary school yesterday. Makes me feel old remembering them when they were so little.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

I just lost a wonderfully worded, lengthy post. Such is life! I apoloize for this post's being shorter.

Maryann, did I miss your birthday? I am so sorry. It sounds like you had a wonderful one spent with your sister. That makes me smile. I am very happy for you. Sometimes I wish I had a sister. I'm not sure the world could handle someone else sort of like me, though.

Pam, I'm glad you got your dh some help. Sounds like you are both exhausted.

JoJo, I hope your home sells as quickly as you'd like. Congrats on losing 3 stone!!!!

Ems, are you enjoying your summer? My guess is "YES!!!"

Paula, seems like just the other day dd was beginning Kindergarten. What grade will she be in now?

Vickie and Rhonda, I hope you're both doing well.

Vickie, I am praying for your sister, and, Rhonda, I am hoping PT is working out well for you. I know you're anxious to get back to exercising.

Got to go before I lose this again. Already had 2 mishaps postng here today. However, Life is Good!!

Last edited by ontarget; 06-23-2011 at 04:26 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm in Toronto for a visit until Monday. Trying not to eat too much, and doing my physio exercises.

Pam, so sorry about your DH! ouch.

Jojo, congrats on the loss

Maryann

Sandra: cute picture!!

Last edited by Tejas; 06-23-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 10"

Sandra, it does seem like just yesterday she was in kindergarten. She just finished 2nd -- heading into 3rd grade and a new school. We have lower elementary schools that are k-2 then upper elementaries that are 3-5. These are new schools (maybe 10 years old) and so much nicer than the 50 year old one she was in. Lots of changes!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I was wondering where you were. Have fun!!

Paula, our youngest grand will be in 3rd. Same breakdowns as your school. My father was principal when K-2 was built. I guess that was about 50 years ago.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:03 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey girls hope your all well im off to london this weekend. I put on half lb werent happy as i worked my butt off this week must be muscle cus i know iv bee good

sandra imnot enjoying it all it is doing here is raining its really depressing
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #24  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going to sprinkle all day,guess I have to take my umbrella to the PB Club.
All is quite and I glad that I'm going out for the day even if we get wet.

Changed the water and added plant food to my roses but I have not idea how to water my cake arrangement flowers. I called the florist and they told me to sprinkle the flowers. I don't have a sprinkler,any other suggestions?????

SANDRA-That's oK,we had a wonderful time and this morning I miss her being here with me.Instead of a sister you have a wonderful cousin called Rhonda I don't have close cousins at all,as I never hear from them. Mys sister and are a dead opposites,which makes it fun to get her ideas on things and have serious discussions.

RHONDA-Thanks for the birthday wishes.Have a great time in Toronto,I gained when my sister was here we hit every restaurant in town,but TG I now have lost 5 lbs and I'm almost back to my weight that on my ticker.

EMS-You'll lost that 1/2 lbs it just probably water.

Have to go,and get my nephew a birthday card,before having to catch the bus to The PB Club.

Have a great day
Old 06-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Ems, I'd trade you some 100+* temps for a little rain. I think Rhonda got rain the other day, but we didn't. Our water bill is going to be horrendous; however, the exercise I'm getting from dragging water hoses is wonderful.

Maryann, you're right. I have Rhonda. I'm a lucky Chickie for sure!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #26  

I have been busy trying to get the house repairs done that need to be done before the house is sold. Sometimes I get overwhelmed but mostly I am
getting help and getting one thing at a time done. A guy from our church
is coming Monday to see if the church handyman ministry can help with some things.

Went back up to the farm today for the first time to bring back a canoe that I didn't want to get stolen. The grass that Robin kept cut around the pond is
getting high.

I think I should sell the land because going up there is no fun without Robin.
Today the kids did some target shooting but the place will get grown up without some work.

Really unsure about whether I need a townhouse or small house after I sell this place. A townhouse would mean no yard work , but a small house would
allow space for backyard retreat with a hammock, maybe a goldfish pond, and a yard for a dog. Some yardwork would probably be good for me .
When I was single before I met Robin the house & yard care for the house I was in was not overwhelming . Grass to mow, flowers if i wanted some , mulch occasionally.

I have been eating junk and I can feel it in my body. I need to do strict
core or south beach.. Wonder what the difference is ?? Fruit is one difference I think. I don't even care if I lose weight this summer, I just want to feel
better. I plan to lose this fall when it is just me eating at the house.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I hope your church can help you. You're wise to just focus on eating healthily.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi:

Still eating my way through Toronto. There are such fantastic restaurants here. I"m making good choices and walking a lot, but I'll pay for this fun!

My friend is having a yard sale, it's likely to rain (which feels good to me!), and I'm off to see more friends today. Tiring, but fun.

Nancy,
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #29  

Rhonda, tiring but fun is good. Living in the boonies, here in KY, I take advantage, when we vacation, to enjoy the great restaurants.

Nancy, not eating junk so much as not eating healthy, if that makes sense. Been on the lazy side, as far as cooking goes.

Maryann, sorry we missed your birthday. Glad you had a great time with your sis.

Sandra, when is your next competition?

My daughter placed 4th in nationals competition. She is sad and happy. I think she should be very proud.

I think my granddaughter is coming to visit today. I get to see my newest grandson. Happy about that. I know he is getting really big.

Have a great weekend.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #30  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going to be a quite day listening to Elvis channel for the day,on my Sirius Radio,until the golf game comes on. Looks like it going to pour in a few minutes,even thought I have to make a trip to Walmart. I can always wear my slick if it get too bad out.

Had a great time with my friend Rita at the PB Club. Learned that treys a lake under the ice in the Antarctica. They found a life form down there and sent a robot down but haven't found a way to retrieve it. They say by the next 5 years they will be able to know if their finding was accurate with Nasa's help.

GAINED 2 lbs this week,now I have to get busy and start planning again.

Just wanted to let you know what i up to Have to go,have a great day