Old 06-13-2011, 06:35 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Chat: Monday June 13- Sunday June 19

Good morning all. Been up since 4 a.m. My legs are really hurting. My shins and calves. Must be from climbing the ladder so much yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great week.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/183/155

Good Morning!
Today is my first day on Simply Filling/Core. Breakfast will be the hardest for me.. I'm not a big breakfast person so I'm going to get some fruit and a couple hard boiled eggs into me.
ONTOnlybluemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The sun is shinning and that means I will be able to walk along the beach today. I'm going to meet my friend Rita for lunch and than we'll take a walk along the beach.Tomorrow is suppose to rain again. Temps right now is 58 and its not suppose to rise any further that low 60's.NOT COMPLAINING LOVE THIS KIND OF TEMPS,but my tomatoes wish it was a little higher.

PAM-Thanks for the new pages, and sorry for missing your ZZZ's and having to wake so early. I'm also sorry to hear about your legs,did you take anything for the pain or are you putting a cold compress on them??REMEMBER PRICE[protection,rest,ice,compression & elevation] all fro a hurt body part. Hope you feel better.

ONTOnlybluemomma- to the board, you'll find lots help & support on this thread. I myself not on the WW core plan but I do count calories,and I watch my carbs.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #4  

Welcome Jenn. I do simply filling too, although been a little lax lately.

Maryann, enjoy your walk on the beach and lunch with your friend. We are suppose to only get to 85 today. Been in the high 90's so the 80's are surely welcome. My legs aren't in pain, just ache really bad, like a bad toothache. I'm sure it's from all the work I'm helping my daughter with, in her new salon. My husband is getting upset that I'm doing so much of the work. The other girl going into partnership with her has only been there 2 days and didn't do much, but she is young and not very experienced in painting.

I used to make totes (purses) and this former customer wrote me while I was in Florida, wanting an ipad case. I told her she had to wait until I got back to KY, as I didn't have my sewing machine in Fl. She wrote and and sent me the pattern she wants, and I'm in the process of making that, in between all the other stuff I'm doing. The case is more like a mini quilt, so I'll have some hand stitching to do. I love to sew, but really just too busy with other things, but I told her I'd do it.

I think I need a nap.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #5  
focused and aiming

Good morning, all. I got up early (not as early as Pam) and had my Core cereal & ff milk for bfast. We have tons of fresh watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, and grapes so I'm good to go for any "emergency" snacking.

Jenn, your bfast sounds good. And to the boards again. We're glad to have you here.

Pam, I think you can do just about anything. You're a very talented Chickie for sure

Maryann, walking is good exercise. Curtis got out and walked the loop around our field this morning while I watered plants along the fenceline.

Rhonda, I have the mag ready to mail and will go to the P O tomorrow. You should get it while we're in Houston.

Speaking of Houston, I prob won't be online from Wed-Sat.

I have OA tonight. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

evening ladies hpe your all well thanks for all your support over the exams i know i messed two up for sure but not sure about the other 3 lol

Well done on the weight losses girls and if you didnt loose good luck for this week

Nancy sorry to hear about your foot

jojo i hope your well?

Maryann how was the walk? hope your well?

Sandra i got a thing for fresh fruit at the moment i keep making smoothies hehe hope your well?

pam hope your doing well? xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Hi, Ems. I am well. Just busy getting ready for the National Senior Games. (used to be called National Senior Olympics). You probably did better on you exams than you're thinking. Keep positive thoughts--and be glad they're over.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

I have walked more in the last few days than ever ( with a broken foot.)
Walking odd with one foot and the other heel has made my back & neck sore.
I have been almost compulsive about getting my list done & and not even stopping when my foot is killing me. I must want to have order in my life & think making long list and doing each item will help.

I am doing some fun projects . I am making a wall coat hanger from one of Robin's oars that he used on the river. I have figured out a way to use it wthout having to put any screws or nails through it. I'll post a picture when its done.

The orthopedic Dr today said my foot didn't need to be cast or set. I just have to wear the stiff boot for 6 weeks.

Last edited by nancy237; 06-15-2011 at 02:43 AM. Reason: can't spell
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good morning Ladies

Going to have sprinkles in a few minutes not going out today have a date with my washing machine & dryer. I also have to get the upstairs cleaned to my sisters visit.

Had a great time with my friend Rita but I was hurting and couldn't walk like we planned after a BBC meal. We had to seat on the benches along the beach.This morning my knee is swollen like a big balloon. Have to put some ice on it.TG my hand is hurting.

PAM- As I posted above I couldn't get my walking done as my knee & hip was really bothering me. TG the temps are lower than yours its 62. Be careful not over doing standing to much on your legs You DH may be right and you have to slow down a bit,I know its easier said than done.

SANDRA-I love walking and I'm so disappointed that I can't walk like I used to. My friend told me to wear a brace when walking along the leach just like the athletes do.I'm going to take her advice. My sister told me I should walk to the mail box but the street has a deep incline and I fuff & puff going up that hill.

EMS -Not to good,have to rest & bout ice on my swollen knee.

NANCY -Don't over due your walking if your foot back and neck is bothering you rest is the be meds.

Have to go, have a date with my washing machine & dryer

Have a great day
Old 06-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Nancy, we'll be looking for those photos. How's your eating? Did you go back on Simply Filling? Core?

Maryann, send us some sprinkles. I almost burned up while shooting outside this AM. I was out there over 3 hours.

We went for lunch today. Our local cafe feeds me Core foods. Am I spoiled or what!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

I am not really doing well at sticking to any eating plan I decide.
But I have realized that I am only hungry for one good meal a day and just light things other than that.
When I eat out I usually made decent choices and small portions but the calories still add up fast.

In January Robin got a nice new Mac Laptop.

My laptop is Windows and I have been trying to learn on the Mac.
Then when I switch back and use mine it is hard because everything about the
way you click and right click & backspace and highlight & do folders is different. The mac is nice with photos but I am having a hard time with
my photos when I try to find the folder to add the photo to another site.

I need to choose one and sell the other I think.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #12  

good morning chickies.

Nancy, you need to take it easy while your foot heals. Everything can wait, it will still be there tomorrow. I always had a problem finding things when I had Vista. I have windows 7 now and love it. Never used a Mac, I would probably be lost.

Sandra, have fun at the shoot. I know you will do well. Nice to have a place that serves Core.

Maryann, you take it easy too. Sorry your knees are bothering you. You might need more surgery. That is what happened to me. The scope and cleaning just didn't do the job. Hope that's not the case with you.

ems, good to see you. Hope you are doing well.

I hear thunder and we are expecting boomers today and maybe the rest of the week.

At my daughters salon, we have the bathroom and one small room to paint and we are done. It's been a long process, but the end will be worth it. They get a new floor in the next few days and then it's time to decorate. My husband it putting in a new pedestal sink today.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 183/183/155

Hey everyone!.

Busy day here today.. trying to get some home improvements done (FINALLY ugh.. taking too long!).. Planning on taking the little ones for a walk on the trail this afternoon after nap time.
ONTOnlybluemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Took it easy this morning ,and this afternoon I going out with my friend Mary to see Midnight in Paris". My sister said its a funny movie as it was written & produced by Woody Allen.

Tomorrow I have to bring some of my summer clothes that don't fit me to the Emerald Drift Shop.I'm also bringing some sheets & pillow cases that I never used. Have another month before our churches flea market comes up and than I can get rid of things I don't use anymore bowls,and some kitchen gadgets,baking pans etc.all useable items as they don't take junk. And last but not least I have to get my junk man to bring lots of stuff for the dump.Old Christmas trees with ornaments & electronics that the flea & drift shops don't want.

SANDRA-The Sprinkles never came ,need some for myself as my poor tomatoes are getting watered.

PAM-Thanks, I hope I don't need another operation on my knee, I think I must of have twisted my leg when I was stair climbing doing my laundry and than going up stairs to get the area ready for my sisters visit.

Have to go and eat my lunch. Have a great day
Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey everyone the cold is finally going thanks god :d

Sandra what sport do you do again?

maryann i hope your knee gets better soon

Pam im good thanks we have had thunder and lightening here to

Nancy i hope your toes are ok?

ontonlybluemomma how did your walk go?

I got wi tomoz girls i hope i loose iv done lots of exercise this week xxx