Old 06-10-2011, 02:58 AM   #31  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Nancy I echo Rhonda:do whatever you want when you are can't sleep. Just don't worry about it. I was the same and eventually you get back into a routine.

I LOVE this month. I am a tennis nut. We have just had 2 weeks of the French open, now we are half way through 2 weeks of Queen's club London, and at the last week of the month, Wimbledon starts. I have been cooking like mad and freezing meals so that I can spend as much time as possible in front of the TV.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #32  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

WOW!!! We can breath again the temps went down to 68. from the high 8's w humidity we had yesterday. The thunder bummers really helps push the horrible heat out to sea.

Not sure if I going to the PB Club with my friends today. IF Not I going down to the beach and get my walking done. Have to remember that my DD's anniversary is on Mon so I have to pick up a card with a little something in it.She married 14years the same time Leo & I moved up to the Cape.

SANDRA-You can have my thunderstorms always I'm afraid of them,it goes back to my childhood. The asparagus salad is EASY to make and delish.

ASPARAGUS SALAD
1 14 oz canned asparagus,drained
1/4 c oil
2 tsp vinegar
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
Salad Greens.

Chill canned asparagus.Combine oil,vinegar,soy sauce & sugar and mix thoroughly,pour over the asparagus & chill for a least 1 hr. serve in 6 individual glass bowls or on lettuce line salad plates.

this is an old recipe I don't have any nutrients value on this salad,but I counted as 50 calories for 1 c.

Have to go and get out so I can get my walking done.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #33  
focused and aiming

JoJo, I love watching tennis, too. I kept up with it more back when McEnroe and Jimmie Connors were playing. I'm out of the loop now. What are you cooking?

Maryann, thank you for the recipe. I'm going to get some asparagus and try it.

I'm having lo beans/ham for lunch today. Curtis and our helper will get homemade chicken pot pie.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #34  

Height: 5'4"

I fell on the concrete car stop in a parking lot (the thing that sticks up about 4 inches that your car tire parks against.
i wasn't looking of course.

2 broken bones in my foot and the dr wants me to see orthopedic dr Monday morning because he said it may be displaced.

It could be worse because its my left foot and I can walk by using my heel only on that foot (the break is near the toes).

I was on a roll getting a ton of errands done until this..urg..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:59 AM   #35  
hopeless but harmless

Oh Nancy I wish I lived nearer to you. What rotten luck, and at a time when you could well do without it.

Last evening we had the grand daddy of all hail storms. All the drains in our road blocked and it was like a river. The flood came halfway up our front path, and we are on a rise. The temperature fell and we had to have our heating on. The east of the country has, as usual, a drought and drought warnings are in place. Now I'm not a rocket scientist, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they keep building huge housing complexes on this coast.

WI day for me tomorrow. Do you know, of all the people who started at my diet group the same time as me, I am the only one left. They've all given up. I fall off the wagon regularly but get back on. I think the newer ones look at me as a 'You too could have a body like this... if you aren't careful' warning. Have a good one everyone

Last edited by jojo23; 06-11-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #36  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like rain today so I'm going to spend the whole day at home. Now that's it a little cooler I'm going to tackle the kitchen & bath room this morning and the living-room & my bedroom this afternoon.

Didn't go to the PB Club yesterday as the humidity was so uncomfortable,that I stayed in the A/C house all day being lazing and watching TV.

W-I was today & I went up a little from last week[.5] so I'm calling that a maintain.

SANDRA-Enjoy the asparagus salad.A woman on another board gave me a web site all 44 types of easy salad recipes.Hope I'm allowed to post the web site,but here goes:
http://www.wholeliving.com/photogall...wComments=true
Hope it works.

NANCY-Sorry about you fall,I hope you made out a accident report for insurance purposes. I know that surprise and pain right after my knee surgery,I did that myself in Feb. but instead of broken bones in foot I hurt my two knees,lucky I had an appointment with my PT right after the fall ,and to this day I can't go on my knees to clean.

JOJO-When the heavy thunder storm that come our way they predicted hail stones but they never made the Cape .Really don't know either,but I think weather & there patterns come in cycles.

Have a great day
Old 06-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #37  

Maryann
I didn't do an accident report because it was my stupidity.. Wasn't their fault
I am a clutz LOL.

Last edited by nancy237; 06-11-2011 at 06:42 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Oh, Nancy! Ouch ouch ouch. I hope you heal quickly and without too much hassle.

I spent the morning at the community market and sold four more pieces. Not bad, not bad. One of my great nieces told everyone that I was the "best jewelry maker in the whole world." She's 4 and my biggest fan! Obviously, she knows her jewelry

I hope everyone is having a good day/weekend.

Jojo...here's to NOT giving up!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Ouch, Nancy!! I'm sorry you got hurt.

Maryann, thank you for the website. I'll check out those recipes.

JoJo, I applaud you for hanging in there. It's easy to quit when everyone else does. You go, girl! for a good wi tomorrow.

I bought me 2 new tops today. Cute!! Getting ready for Houston. Life is good.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

I've seen your work, too, Rhonda. Superb!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #41  
hopeless but harmless

2lbs off. Well pleased. Tennis off owing to rain, no excuse now for not doing the ironing.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #42  

congrats jojo on your 2 lb loss.

Nancy, ouch! Sounds like something I would do. I'm always tripping too.

Rhonda, congrats on selling some of your pieces. You really need to try etsy.

sloanie, you are a determined warrior. Good going.

Sandra, going to Houston again? How far is that from you? Have fun.

Maryann, hope the weather is better for you. When is your sis coming to visit?

Vickie, you still doing both JC and WW?

I'm hanging in there. Still working on the salon. We have most of the labor done. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #43  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had another mad rush for church this morning as I wasn't going to go with the hand & knee acting up. I than took a arthritis pill and with in 1/2 hr I was raring to go.

Was suppose to go to the movies an hour ago to see Midnight in Paris but they predicted thunder storms and we didn't want to go to far away to get home. So Wed will be the day we are going to see it.

NANCY-I walked into the car cement block without looking either,but I still filled in an accident report.Not going to sue them,but just in case my knee starts acting up in a few years. I have the report to fall back on.

JOJO-Congrats on your 2 lb loss.

SANDRA-You're welcome hope you find the salads there. I haven't looks for any yet will do when I right up my food journal for the week.

PAM-We got cooler temps that making life bearable,I was able to tackle &clean my downstairs rooms . This wee I work on the upstairs. Sister is coming to visit the fourth or fifth week of June.

Have a great evening will see you guy tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Hi
Yest i was 179.8 felt very good
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

Congratulations on your happy scales. That's great news.