Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, May 30 through Sunday, June 5, 2011

New Week, New Pages!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the new pages, Vickie.

I hope everyone has a great day today. Ems and Jojo, it's Memorial Day here, in case you hadn't figured that out. It's a day to give thanks to veterans and those who died in war. It's also a big day for picnics and social gatherings.

I had a wonderful day and evening with my nieces. They came to my house and we made chicken enchiladas, beans and rice for everyone. I just savored the sounds of their laughter in my kitchen--they are so funny together. Today we will go to their mother's house about an hour from here, so I get to enjoy them even more.

I hope you all have a good day also.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Well my building is all quite and still the people in Unit B & D left early to beat the rush going home from this Memorial Day Weekend. I miss them already,as they were outdoor people never got to the meeting but I did meet the man last night and he said that either they were out or I was out when they were in. always missing each other.I saw them working in the garden or seeing the children on there bikes. The woman in C keeps to herself,TG I have made friends and I don't have to rely on the neighbors for socializing.

Not going to do much as we have a overcast,and they predicting some rain sometime in the afternoon. After I finish posting I'm going down to the beach and get some walking done.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages

RHONDA-Glad that your with your nieces this holiday. I'm alone today but I have lots to do, as the day will go by fast.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

We are just home bumming around today. We didn't go to our party yesterday because of the bad storms that came through Chicago. We would have been driving and hour and a half directly into the storm with a sickish dog in the car. So we decided to stay home. No BBQ in the family today as they did theirs yesterday also.

I'm holding my own on the scale but haven't weighed in anywhere in a while. Need to get back to routine, probably starting tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Happy Memorial Day! JoJo and Ems, I imagine you have a similar, if not the same, celebration. I hope you are all getting to honor veterans and current military as well as their loved ones today.

We went to the 2nd Grade Awards Celebration this morning. Our grand got several awards and was all smiles. (as were her parents and grands)

This afternoon Curtis and I walked to get in a few minutes exercise. I'm heading out to OA this evening. Life is good.

Vickie, I hear ya on storms. Hope ya'll are safe and sound.

Maryann, I love reading about your adventures with your ladyfriends.

And, Rhonda, ditto for you. Have fun with your nieces. Enjoy every minute.

Got to go. I'll catch ya'll later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 AM   #6  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

The wanderer has returned, or more appropriate… the bad penny has turned up. I seem to have been away weeks and weeks. I’ve not had time to catch up on the other weekly forums… loads of washing to do, but I just wanted to drop in.
We had a wonderful time in a cottage on the edge of the Norfolk Broads (not the same as American broads.) We walked a lot, took a boat out, walked some more, good healthy food and early nights. I managed to lose that second 10lbs… wonders never cease so I am down 25lbs in all and will start on the next 10 next Monday. It is my 61st birthday today. \msrk is taking me out for a meal this evening.
Good luck everyone
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! We are off and running again today.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:52 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

The happiest of birthdays, JoJo, and I hope you have many, MANY more! Why 61 is quite young these days. Do you have anything special planned for today? Congratulations on dropping that second 10 pounds and for being down 25!

Sandra, I hope the heat lowers so you can practice soon. It will be hot again here today.

Rhonda, did you get any good advice from the Nutritionist? Is it working?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #9  

jojo. Vickie said 61 is young, so i guess I'm young too. Wow, 10 lbs. Congrats and enjoy your birthday. We missed you.

Maryann, did you enjoy your walk? How far and long do you walk at the beach?

Rhonda, have fun today. Yes, I'm curious what your nutritionist had to say. Please share.

Sandra, it's too hot to walk here. Suppose to be 95 today.

Vicki, I have been holding my own, but want to lose some more.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #10  

Jojo--welcome back; happy birthday ; and congratulations on the weight loss.

I will see the nutritionist again this afternoon, so I'll let you know. The MD I saw said that my blood tests showed a slightly elevated A1C score (5.7) and slightly elevated LDL. According to the Mayo Clinic website neither of these figures is significantly elevated. I'm sure that an even better diet will take care of anything, including belly fat.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #11  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks everyone. It's good to be back and feeling chirpier than I've done for many moons. We have no big events on the horizon for the foreseeable future, so I can knuckle down on Monday and start another 10lb goal
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #12  

Good morning chicks.

jojo, good to see you back. Good luck on losing your next 10 lbs.

Getting my nails done today and need to go grocery shopping. Been watching the Casey Anthony trial. Anyone else watching?

Hope everyone is doing well. It's hot here.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #13  

The nutritionist did not have my individual plan ready, but i did learn a few things yesterday.

1. the evidence for green tea reducing belly fat is seeming to say that 6 cups of green tea a day does help

2. take calcium citrate, not carbonate

3. don't take calcium supplement at the same time you take multivitamin. The multivitamin has iron in it and that binds the calcium. So, take the multivitamin with meals, and the calcium with snacks.

4.don't eat any trans fat (I think we all know this, but...)

5.your plate should be 50% vegetables-preferably at least 2 kinds; 25% starch--at least 3/4 of that whole grains; 25% lean protein

6. eat at least six servings of vegetables a day, and 3-4 servings of fruit

7. eat 25-38 grams of fiber, and more if you can, daily. Increase fiber by 5 grams a day, remembering to drink water/fluids

8. American Dietetics Association has an informative website for the public

I'll tell more as I learn...

I hope you all have a good day. I'm going to go to the gym. I can't remember if I told you that my right knee has been acting up again and I am NOT happy about that. It likely means that I have to really cut back on the amount of weight I lift that involves my knee.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Sorry I was MIA yesterday,had lots to do and so little time to get it done. I slept late yesterday morning and than every thing I had to do got push back.

Today the choir is going to sing for the Vigil of Ascension Thursday this after noon at 5PM as our church is being painted during the day.Were sing with the men's choir and it sound beautiful sing parts.We the woman only sang the melody. Our house painting should start soon.

SANDRA-Thanks,I do have adventures,I don't know what I would do without them.

JOJO-Belated Happy 61st Birthday to you. And congrats on the 10 lb lose.

PAM-After my knee scoping I could only walk 15[1mile] before getting winded or my leg hurting me, now I'm up to 30 mins[2 miles] I walking form One beach to the another,hopefully I will be able to add 15 mins more to get to the third beach.[3 miles] 45 mins.

RHONDA-Thanks for the nutritionist list,it will help a lot of us knowing this information thanks for sharing.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #15  

Hey everyone..

I am proud of you JoJo..10 pounds is a big amount !! I have been thinking about you this week . Glad you posted..

Rhonda..That list helps..thanks for posting . I didnt know about the calcium & vitamins, or about which calcium to take. I am trying to get better habits about taking my vitamins. My cholesterol was up when I did blood work and i think it is because I have been so slack about taking my meds the last 6 months. Robin would want me taking better care of myself so I am trying.

I had a nice few days at the beach with my cousin. She isn't much of a sand & waves type so I did what she likes but I do want to go back and sit & read all day on the beach with my toes in the water !!

My goal is to get to 140 (4 pounds) and then hold steady a few months.
I am trying to do sorta South Beach with lots of lean protein & fruits & veggies. As you know I like to cook the kids favorites when they are home so maintaining at 140 will be a good goal until my son leaves for college and then I will only have the foods I need to eat in the house.

Its too hot here for outdoor projects so I am going to work on some of my indoor list today.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote