Old 05-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, May 23 through Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Pages!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

How SWEET are all of you? Thank you SO much for all the birthday wishes. I'm so humbled by all the people who remembered my birthday yesterday, here and on Facebook. It really is great fun to have so many friends here at home and in Cyberspace!

This week is to be crazy again. We are packed solid with appointments and now I need to try to fit Jim in with his Podiatrist since it seems he is getting an infected nail again. Not sure how I'll juggle the calendar but it seems important. Tomorrow are his cardiac tests and all sorts of PT this week. Yikes!

We had a very nice, quiet day yesterday together. We'd already celebrated with the family so we just did dinner out alone yesterday at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I don't drink anymore so I splurged all my calories on the meal and then went for a rainbow cone afterwards. It's hard to describe but it is DELICIOUS! I ended up with an icky tummy from the carne asada, but it was worth it.

Back to business today, with two more birthday splurges to come. Lunch out with my best girlfriend and spending the day with two couples we are very close with on Memorial Day weekend. Then.....serious business.

Hope you all had a great weekend and that you'll have an even better week. I've already cancelled my JC weigh in and I'm not sure when I'll be able to fit in my WW weigh in. Probably not until Tuesday.

Be well!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had to sing in the choir for my original choir directors DD funeral this morning.After that[ my brunch group] Decided to go to Friendly's for coffee,I talked them into having lunch. Well I'm so embarrassed to what I ate big burger with French fries and a choc sundae to boot. I just can imagine the calories I ate,and bring me into Cholesterol City. Not going to eat for the rest of the day,as I'm stuffed. Going to do some of my walking tapes along with biking tonight while watching TV. Why Oh Why do I do that to myself,I should know better and just have a salad.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages,and happy to hear the you enjoyed your birthday at your favorite restaurant. Hope by next SAT. my weight will be down after eating like I did today. I had an appointment with the Podiatrist last week,and she told me that she sees that I'm favoring my left foot as I had more callouses on my right than left. She removed them and I'm feet feel so much better.Hope you can squeeze your DH in for an appointment.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Hi there. Vickie, thank you for the new pages. Sounds like you are in a whirlwind. I feel for Jim. I have a lot of probs with my toenails, too.

Maryann, your lunch out sounds good to me. Into every life a few burgers must fall. You don't eat like that often. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Same for you, Vickie. Both of you eat healthier most of the time.

I just got home from OA. We had a good meeting. Tomorrow Curtis and I are going to go out and do something--don't know what yet, but we're going to do something.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

My niece and I are back. The short story is that she has obtained temporary guardianship of her father, my brother. This is not easy, but it's necessary. We have to go back in mid-July to finalize all the legalities.

We had to drive 5 hours each way but we did fine with it. The scenery is beautiful and the traffic was light. We also found some decent and healthy places to eat and did well with that.

Last edited by Tejas; 05-24-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Have a great day. We are off to a busy, busy day of tests and Doctors.

Rhonda, your Niece is quite blessed to have you.

Sandra, you and Curtis have fun today. Are you celebrating something besides life being good?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Not doing much today as its raining again,along with a fog,suppose to have the painter preparing for outdoor clap board painting of the building. Have no idea if he's going to show up. Two of the summer time families are coming down, so for building will be a full house for the weekend,to bad the weather isn't co-operating as the weather report is saying the weekend is going to be wash out.

SANDRA-Whatever you two do, have a great time.No I'm not really worried about my one day sabotage,just going low carb today and exercising more.

RHONDA-That was a long trip for one day but you niece needed you and that what family is all about.

VICKIE-During your busy day take some time out for yourself.

Have to go and ready for todays chores
Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

I didn't mean to be so mysterious. We went to Cracker Barrell then to Michael's to get bucket hats and fabric pens. I'm taking them to the archery ladies at the National Senior Games next month. I thought getting each other's signatures on them would make nice keepsakes.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're home. Could you e me Elaine's email addy? The one I have is not current.

Vickie, how is Jim? Did he get good reports?

Maryann, wish I could send you some good weather. Wish we had good weather..... It's windy.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #9  

We are under a tornado warning right now. There are touch downs, but they are still about 40 miles away. Egg-sized hail, also. The weather channel is amazing. I know that it can't be 100% accurate but they can tell you where touch downs have been seen, how fast it's moving, when you can expect it, etc.

My post about how long our trip was might have been confusing. The trip is 5 hours, each way--5 hours Sunday, and 5 hours back on Monday. Very tiring, especially when all the emotion is added in. But, as I said, the scenery is amazing. In addition, the route is through the largest wind turbine farm in the state, and Texas leads the nation in energy production from turbines.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, your trip sounds exhausting but interesting. I'm glad you made it home safely. (also glad the thunderboomers are over for you tonight)

I'm subbing tomorrow--guessing this will be my last of the year--but who knows? I even subbed first day of school last year. Why not sub last day?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #11  

All is well here now. There was a funnel cloud about a 10- minute drive from our home, and the dog and I went to the "safe room" when the sirens blew. I just talked to a friend of mine who was in his closet as we talked and the storms were right over his house, close to Dallas. He's OK.

Last edited by Tejas; 05-24-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Glad ya'll are all right. Scarey stuff!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

OHHHHH....I'm so glad you are all safe. Bad weather here in Chicagoland today. I'm supposed to go out for my last birthday lunch today. I need to check with my girlfriend to see if she wants to still drive in these storms today.

Have a great day!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey girls hope your all well and your having a good week. Im still stressed to the eye balls with these exams 3 down 2 to go i have my next one tomorrow and then the last one is next wednesday xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had lots to do this morning went to the cemetery to put some flowers on Leo's grave and than being in that area I went to the Toyota dealer and made an appointment to have my oil checked & have my car inspected for the year. After I got home I walk along the beach for 30 mins.Yippee!!! I finally was able to walk that much. Than grocery shopping for the staples.

SANDRA-What a great idea to have the ladies sign the hats have them as a keepsake. Thanks the weather is now looks nicer that it did at the beginning of the week.

RHONDA-TG we don't have those horrible storms my heart goes out to your poor people that have to be aware of them all the time. TG your friend is OK.

VICKIE-Be care when going out in these storms.

EMS-Sending you some [[[[good vibes]]]]] that you get though all those exams.

Have to go and get today's chore done.