Old 06-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nancy, you're a doll. You'll come through this....and we are always here. My friends have recommended a Nikon and a Canon. I'm considering two different ones until I save my pennies. Of course, by the time I save different cameras will be better. But they recommended the Nikon D3100 or the Canon EOS Rebel T2i D-SLR. Both were in the $650 to $800 range last I checked. Hope that helps.

Sloan, Sandra always tells me that when we feel off kilter and not doing what we should that is EXACTLY when we need to be here. I love living vicariously!!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies. Well, after putzing around with my weight I decided to join WW again. There is an at work session starting next Wed which I'll be part of. I do need to get back to having someone else weigh me, plus the at work support was great when I did this before.

I hope you are all doing well. I've been so busy with end of school stuff. Only 2 weeks left then we can get into our summer routine.

Nancy, I have a nikon P100. Love it -- its a bigger camera with a great nikon lense. I don't know if the lense comes off or not. With the one I have I can't see the need for another lense - its a great zoom lense.

Off to Japanese hibachi tonight with dd, and some friends. There will be 3 moms and 5 girls. Should be fun!

Have a good day!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Sloan, I've been learning in the exercise world that they don't even talk about "motivation." They just do it. No excuses, no agonizing about whether they want to do something or not. Just go to the gym and do it. I'm trying to learn the same approach to food. Bad for you? Don't eat it. Good for you? Eat it. Simple.

Nancy, the nights can be awful. I remember very well. I can remember not wanting to sleep because it meant I had to wake up to one more day without my beloved husband. It does get less painful.

Last edited by Tejas; 06-04-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #34  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a wonderful time at the PB club. We saw a video called Underwater Universe-Predators of the Deep with 5 dangerous animals that kill humans.
5)killer whales
4)huge squid[forgot the name]
3)jelly fish[man of war]
2)crocodiles
1)the great white shark
My friend Rita told me she's going to thing twice before going out in the deep water. No Alice didn't go with us as she has a bad case of shingles.Need some prayers for her to heal soon.

We have another beautiful cool day and nice for sleeps and walking along the beach.Our building looks lovely now that it s painted,and it with look nicer once our new shudders are up.

Otherwise nothings new,I lost 1lb this week but it always the same pound over & over again. I down on my calories and portions but the scale isn't budging.I think it has a lot to do with exercising,but I can't walk or do other forms of activity like I used to.I guess I'll chalk it up to old age.

PAM- I know,but my doctor some how doesn't like Dr. Oz for some reason.I love my doctor also hes so easy to talk to and since I know him for over 14 years he does give me time when I need real answers to questions. So I guess you & I are the lucky ones to have such nice doctors.

SLOANE-Happy that your back posting. Hey don't be embarrassed about weight problems we're all in the same board. Gee I can't to seems to get my weight down no matter what I try, but I'm not giving up.

NANCY-My DH was the photographer in the family my DD followed in his footsteps so I gave his Rebel camera to her. I think she has that 35 lens.About sleep maybe you can get a mild sleeping pill prescription from your doctor. My doctor gave me Lorazepam 0.5mg when my DH passed away.They worked for me,and than after a few weeks I didn't need them anymore. Just a thought.

VICKIE-Have a great time with all the activities you are engaged in. Don't worry about food just eat in portions.

Have a great day,have to start my chores.

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #35  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Went last night to the 18th birthday/high school graduation party for the youngest daughter of my best friend who died 4 years ago. She's turned into an incredible young woman and I know Cindy would have been beaming with her heart bursting of joy. We were pleased as punch to be invited since my friend's husband is dating someone new. It was the first time we were to the house since Cindy died. It was emotional and hard and I was determined to be normal and not get her daughter all upset on such a joyous day. I succeeded and did not do too much emotional eating which is my normal pattern.

This morning was a recital for my God daughter, her last in preschool. She starts kindergarten in the Fall. Where on earth is time going?

More parties today. Confirmation and elementary school graduation.

Tomorrow is a pajama day!

It is hotter than blazes here.....well I'm exaggerating a bit. It's 89 and that is unusual for us this early in June. Our back yard pool got opened today. I've been too busy to check the temperature of the water. I'm sure it's too cold to go in yet. It's always good exercise for me though.

My heel spurs (2 in my left foot) are still keeping me from exercise. I had a cortisone shot on Tuesday but so far it's not helping much. I couldn't take all the ibuprofen he wanted me to take because of my kidneys. My Nephrologist almost fainted when I asked her if I could take 1800 mgs a day for a month. The foot doctor said anything less than that don't bother. So ice and the shot and PT is what I'm hanging my hat on. I'm not losing any weight though because I'm not exercising. With all the parties and events that I've been too since the beginning of May, I'm pretty darned proud that I'm maintaining.

So that's what's up with me. Oh yeah, Jim is still going to PT for his back and it's feeling a bit better. He fell this morning over a cord so I'm hoping he didn't set his back recovery back. Sheesh......

Light and love to all of you. What's your plan for the weekend?

Last edited by Vickie; 06-04-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #36  
Southside White Sox Fan

BTW, all this and a sick Scottie too! He seems to be on the mend if I could just get him to drink his water again. Sigh.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Hi there, ladies. I just came in from shooting. Vickie, it's hotter than normal here, too. Seems summer just hopped right on in with not enough spring. I wore my Frogg Toggs Chilli Danna on my head. Was I cute or what! At least it kept me cool. I did some shooting yesterday without it and got red-faced and sweaty. Today--my nose ran a bit but that was all. I think that was from smoke in the air.

Maryann, don't worry about the exercise. Just do what you can. It sounds like your eating's going well. Sometimes that's as good as it gets.

Vickie, you're a strong lady. It had to be hard going to your best friend's home and seeing her husband with someone else. I know you want him to be happy, but it still had to hurt.

Paula, congrats on getting back to WW. You'll do well and will also be a help to others there.

Welcome back Sloan. I've missed you. Now tell us about the upcoming wedding. We're waiting to hear.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #38  

Well, I spent my morning as a vendor at the Denton County Community Market, flogging my jewelry. I sold 4 necklace-earring sets and took an order for one more. That's the best I've done anywhere, but I think I want to make some new, younger-looking things for this market. Only 2 customers were wearing necklaces of any type. Of course, it is a casual Saturday morning market, not fancy at all.

I was so sleepy afterwards that I took a 2 hour nap, then laid around for an hour.

Maryann, just do what you can, as you know. Vickie, good for you for not overeating in reaction to stress. I'm glad that Cindy's family keeps you in the fold. That's important for everyone.

Sandra, hot enough for you!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm glad you had a good day at the market. I hear ya on being exhausted after being outside. Yep, it's hot enough for me. I'm already watering like mad. Looks like it's going to be a long, hot summer.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #40  

Its almost 4 am here and I am wide awake , my oldest son just came in from Boone & we have been chatting , and my younger son just got home from a friends . We are such night owls. They are out now with a fire in the fire ring.
If I move, I am not sure we will adjust well to being in a neighborhood with neighbors we will bother with our 4 am activities.

My daughter hosted a pool party here for her homeroom class today and it was nice to have lots of people around. Robin would have had the pool area looking much better but we did a decent job.

One of the moms is a realtor and gave me lots of great tips about fixing up the house.

Tomorrow is my Birthday lunch with the family & surprise get together back at the house . I am still deciding where I want go eat.

Having family around is so helpful right now.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #41  

Nancy, I hope you have a wonderful time with your family and that they are helpful to you. Good for that woman for giving you tips about selling. I believe that people are really attracted to cleanliness! I couldn't believe the state of some of the houses I went to when I was going to open houses to get ideas about decorating when I sold my house. Creepy!

I'm off to breakfast with the family, then to church.

Maryann, I don't like swimming in the ocean--I became a very spoiled pool-side rat as a young person. I like my water to have chlorine, concrete sides and bottom. Of course, you can swim in cold lakes where nothing can live!

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Tejas; 06-05-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #42  

Morning chicks.

Nancy, you are probably snug in bed right now. I'm glad you have family close by and I know they are a comfort to you. Have you decided where you want to eat? My choice would be Carrabbas. Always consistent and their food is so good. Happy Birthday to you.

Rhonda, doing the happy dance for you. You really should think about Etsy. I think the jewelry does well on there.

Sandra, it's so hot here too. What happened to Spring? It goes from cold to hot in a flash.

Maryann, congrats on the pound. I know what you mean about the same one over and over. Same here.

Vickie, I'm sure it was rough seeing your friends husband with someone new, but I'm sure Cindy would have wanted it that way. Life goes on. Hope your Scottie is drinking. Try adding a little chicken broth to his water. One time my dog had a reaction to a med and wouldn't drink and my sis suggested the chicken broth (just a tad) and it worked.

I think I told you my daughter graduated from Cosmetology school. She is going to open a shop with another classmate. They are renting a building in town. They have to go in there and fix the place and it's a mess. I'm helping them. I love to decorate, that is my passion. They aren't officially opening it until Sept, so it will give us plenty of time to make it really nice. They are both working at another shop in town in the meantime.

Hope you all have a great Sunday.

Last edited by pam920; 06-05-2011 at 09:28 AM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

Did I tell ya'll I failed my scuba diving test a few years ago. I was a great scuba diver in the pool; but when I got in the ocean, I panicked. I was hollering, "Curtis, get me out of here!!!!!" We knew then that scuba diving wasn't for me. I do some snorkeling, though, but panic when something looks back at me.

Nancy, your evening with your boys sounds great. I love the idea of chatting around a fire ring. Where did you choose to eat?

Ladies, if you're to be out in the heat much, I highly recommend Frogg Togg Chilli Dannas. We got ours off the net.

We just got home from doing mission work in Fort Worth. We always come home feeling uplifted.

Have a great evening, everyone.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Thanks for understanding how hard it was for me to see Cindy's family, especially her husband happy with a new person.

I'm off to JC this morning and WW later. I feel like I'm starting over again.

I'll be back later.