Old 05-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

JoJo, bring Mark and come on. Or as they say, "Ya'll come!!" We might do some boot scootin' at Gilley's.

Rhonda, sounds like you and Doyle are enjoying the grands. Take some naps.

Paula, when we lived in Montana, we'd travel over to friends in Oregon late summer and would pick huge blackberries. You'd think Texas blackberries would be huge, but they aren't. Guess we don't get enough rain. Hmmmmmm....wonder if rain is why I'm so plump?

It's looking like rain but I may venture out to fling more arrows in a bit. I'll be berry-picking @ 3:30 with Alexis (high school girl). I'm sore from weeding yesterday. I wonder if she is, too. (I am much much more out of shape than she, so she's prob not sore.)

Gotta run. Catch ya later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Maryann, the gluten free diet might help. Gluten and wheat do cause bloating problems in some people. It's definitely worth a try.

It's nice to talk to you chicks. Thanks for all the hello's. I'm painting tonight, so gtg. ttfn
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:04 AM   #18  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Vickie: I had scoliosis following a back injury. It was blinking painful!

Pam: Big congratulations to your daughter. I wish she lived near here, Mark has very thick hair and it grows like a weed

Rhonda, Sandra:
Mark would love that, all except the line dancing. All his life, his ambition is to visit the Grand Ol Oprey (sp?) Mine, conversely, is to avoid it.

Paula: Same here in the UK no blackberries until late August at the earliest. We pick them when we take the dog for a walk.

Maryann: I hope someone’s hidden that ladder from you

Well ladies, I’m dreading WI on Sunday morning. As you know a very good friend died suddenly last week. The funeral is early next week. He is being buried in the family vault in a country churchyard attached to a very old Norman church. Mark and I went there yesterday and cleared the weeds from around it, hand clipped the grass then ran a hand mower over it and also cleaned the bird poo off it. We ate a whole packet of Oreos while we were doing it. But that’s not the worst. On the way home we stopped at a McDonald’s drive-through and got a big burger and fries. Deary deary me!
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:58 AM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up in the middle of the night. Can't sleep.

Jim has agreed to go to PT. I don't know if he'll go all 6 weeks but he has visits scheduled for 3 weeks. The order says 4-6. That's as far as their calendar went out. I'm going to call in a week to see if I can make more. I'm the chief appointment maker and calendar controller here.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow, Jojo, Oreos and McDonald's! What is there left to do

Last night I told DH that one night it was ice cream, the next it was orange juice and vodka, but tonight I'm just pouring vodka on the ice cream (I didn't really do that.)

Today we are taking the brats (oops, GKs) to our house for a few days. We're relieved of duty on Saturday night.

Vickie, I wish you good luck with Jim. This is going to be difficult, to say the least.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #21  

morning.

thanks jojo, my daughter is pretty excited. Haven't had an oreo in ages, and the only McD's I will eat is the egg mcmuffin. Oh yeah, they have pretty good coffee too, lol.

Have errands to run and trying to get a little more cleaning done. Hubby said he might come home tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great week.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #22  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The rain stopped but the wind is still around. Very cloudy this morning. Don't have any where to go so I staying put until the afternoon when I have choir practice.

Had to get a new garage can,since the one I had cover blew off and is some where in the woods.The winds up here are horrible,have to tie everything down or it blows away.

SLOAN-Oh I didn't know the Whole wheat causes bloating. Have so many whole wheat products maybe I should stop using them??? At one time I thought I was allergic to wheat when I was on the SBD switching over from White to whole wheat but I never pursued that with the doctor.

JOJO-Don't worry I'm going to be safe not climbing on any ladders.

Have go go and start my dinner,Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, sounds like you could use some Busporine (sp?). I take 1/3 tablet when I take it. That takes the edge off the world for me.

JoJo, you prob earned enough points for the Mickey D's. Well, maybe/maybe not. Into each life a little junk food must fall every now and then. That's my motto.

Pam, I have never been a coffee drinker. I like to smell it, though.

Maryann, we have high winds here, too. We keep large bricks in the bottom of our can. So far so good even through the tornado.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #24  

Maryann, what's for dinner. I might make spaghetti squash.

Sandra, I need 2 cups of coffee each morning.

I stopped at the clinic to pick up my blood work. I am a little concerned. I take Lipitor and Niaspan. A few things n the CMP is not good. Mostly to do with my liver functions.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

thanks ladies i lost half a lb tonight i didnt get into the 150's im so close next week il have it lol

hope your all well and you have a lovely weekend xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

Pam, are you all right?

Ems, you'll make it next week. Wow! Look how well you've already done!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #27  

wtg ems. You will make it next week. I hover at 160/159 and it hasn't budged in forever.

Sandra, I feel fine. My sis, the nurse, waiting for her to call, she is working. I see my cardio on Wed, next week. It might not be anything but what I've been finding onliine, it all has to do with my liver function.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

thanks sandra hope your well?

Pam hopefully i will get it next week i only have 6 lbs to go for my birthday goal woohoo xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:41 AM   #29  

Height: 5'4"

Pam..keep us posted about the blood test results.
I only like Egg McMuffin at Mc Donald's also.

After a rough few weeks of not sleeping or eating much & feeling very
hopeless I have had 2 days that were much better. I went and picked up my youngest from college today and he is home & I am thrilled. My sweet dog Skipper has not left my side since march but she is torn about who's bed to sleep beside tonight. She is going back & forth .

I have made a schedule that I hope will help me get some order to my days . Doing paperwork(like estate stuff & bills ) that I dread early to get it over with. Then yard work & shower and then on to the things I want to do that are on my list ..I am going to try to walk with friends around 6 or 7. Then read & do fun things at night like photos.

Thanks everyone for letting me be down when I am down . I know I can always be real here. I don't post on facebook much because I don't really want to share my grief with everyone but you guys are like my cyber-sisters!!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #30  

Morning chickies.

Nancy, is your son home for the summer? Sounds like you are keeping yourself pretty busy. Don't forget to take some time for Nancy. I use facebook to play games. I am amazed at some of the things people post about their lives. I try to keep it neutral.

I think we may be getting rain later today. I think I'll try to do my walking tape, since I'm not having much luck getting on the treadmill. Would someone please tell me why I'm being so lazy about exercising?