3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   weekly chat new pages April 18th-24th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/231184-weekly-chat-new-pages-april-18th-24th.html)

jojo23 04-18-2011 01:31 AM

weekly chat new pages April 18th-24th

A new week and new goals for us all.

Nancy It's the little things that get you isn't it? favourite meals, something you see... the automatic 'Oh I must tell Robin' etc. We cook, for example, a big leg of lamb or a casserole and freeze what's left in small portions.

Another lovely summer day yesterday and today but we could easily get winter tomorrow.

ontarget 04-18-2011 11:37 AM

Good morning. I'm off in a few to sit with a gf while her dh has shoulder surgery. I remember back in 2000 sitting by myself for hours when Curtis had his shoulder replacement. Not fun!

Have a great day, everyone. I'll be heading to OA tonight. Life is good.

Tejas 04-18-2011 12:16 PM

Hi All:

I have a very busy day, which I started at the gym, followed by tap practice.

My late sister's daughter is flying in today for one night. We are going to a Passover seder in Dallas with her father's extended family. So, I may not be back until tomorrow.

I hope you all have a good day.

Vickie 04-18-2011 01:26 PM

Down only .2 heading into Easter. Something has to change. I guess I can't eat any of my 49 points. I'm disgusted.

ems81wales 04-18-2011 04:46 PM

Evening ladies hope your all well and well done to everyone who lost last week :D

I have been off uni since march 25th and i got back first week of may until the 1st june i have 5 exams in that time then i am off for the summer :D

Iv been feeling abit fed up with it all lately :(

beach bum 04-18-2011 05:31 PM

Hi Ladies:)

Went to the movies with my friend Mary to see RIO & for pizza afterwards. We both a a great time at both.This morning I have to get serious and get thing started with laundry and packing along with shopping for trail size items to fit inside my tote bag.

I got my wash done and now for the packing I have all my trail size toiletries in my tote bag. Found my ice brick for the lunch bag,it was downstairs on a chair in the basement. I now put all my downstairs bathroom items that I don't need upstairs in the other bathroom.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages,our weather is nice also but I didn't have anytime with all this packing I'm doing for my trip down to NY for the Easter:bunny2: Holidays.

SANDRA-Hope all goes well with your friend's DH shoulder surgery.

RHONDA-Have a great time at the Passover Seder.

VICKIE-Want to ask you a question. Did you like the JC/NS meals that they sent you & your DH???? I was thinking about looking over the two plan when I get back from NY. Congrats on your .2 every little bit added up,remember that. Don't understand this new WW Point system I bought some ice cream cups that were 10/10 in our Stop & shop store and they were 4Pt Plus. I counted them as 4 pts.=200 calories.

EMS-Good Luck:crossed: with your 5 a exams,I'm sure you do fine.

Have to go as I have to start putting the clothes away and pack my suitcase.

beach bum 04-19-2011 08:46 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Got all my stuff packed and I just have last min items that will fit in my carry on tote. Going to buy my sandwich & snacks at the grocery store for my trip. The Acela trains have a cafe car but I rather bring my own meal and have it at my seat.

Have a wonderful day and week ahead I'm turning the computer off to night,and will be leaving at 6:15 AM. Wish all of you a Happy Easter,and be careful of all the chocolates & jelly beans.

Tejas 04-19-2011 11:42 AM

Good morning all:

Ems, chin up! It's easy to get discouraged, but just keep on doing the right thing. It takes a while.

I just heard a story about a 60 year old woman who completely transformed her body, and it took 3 years. I have a friend who lost 100 pounds, had surgery to remove the skin, dyed her hair, bought a new wardrobe and took the world by storm. It took that woman and my friend a few years to undo decades of neglect. That's a bargain in my book.

I enjoyed the seder last night, and seeing people whom I haven't seen in years and years. They're having a reunion in the fall, so I'll likely be invited in honor of my late sister who married into the tribe.

If you're here in the US, you are likely hearing about the fires in Texas. This is very serious for the state. They are about 100 miles west of us, and we can see the haze. We don't smell smoke, but people with respiratory problems are feeling the effects. We are having historically high temperatures and lots of wind.

Today I have a workout with the trainer. This is lower body and it is tough, but I love it.

I hope you're all having a great day.

ontarget 04-19-2011 05:19 PM

Hi there. I had another day off but will sub Wed-Thurs. I'm making my healthy lunches/snacks to take, so I'll be good to go.

Ems, everyone has those down times. Just dust yourself and hop back on that wagon. Think how far you've come. Sounds like you're in the "heat of things" at the U. Look forward to your time off. You're earning it for sure.

Vickie, a loss is a loss. Maybe you need a little change to shake up things.

Maryann, have a fun, safe trip. Happy Easter!

Rhonda, I'm glad you got to join in with the festivities. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

I'm heading into town as soon as the insurance adjustor leaves. Curtis and he are discussing our damages due to that storm last week. We're going to shop for things to make chicken salad.

Got to go. The IA just left.

sloanie 04-19-2011 06:30 PM

Hi chickies ! I'm checkin' on y'all. I've been super busy, and now the school year is drawing to a close, so the REAL busy stuff is about to start. I have started counting points again. I don't want to outshine the bride, but I simply MUST be the cutest mother of the bride in the world ;)

I'm thinking of y'all. Especially you, Nancy. Take care, chicks!

jojo23 04-19-2011 07:13 PM

Hang in there Ems. We have to have the bad times to appreciate the good times. This will pass and you will be up and at 'em again.

Darnit I missed saying have a good one to Maryann. Will catch up with her when she gets back.

I am babysitting a neighbours dog (I kid you not) Ben is a 15 year old golden lab who hasn't been too well. My neighbour has gone to a birthday party and didn't want to leave him alone. She was widowed 2 years ago so its nice to see her out and about. Ben has slept most of the evening... much easier to babysit than young kiddies:D

Talk to you all tomorrow. Night night

Tejas 04-19-2011 09:25 PM

Hi:

I've just returned from dinner with one of my nephews who was a Navy Seal. He admired my biceps and deltoids and said he was really proud of his Auntie :lol: Just had to share that one.

We had a hail storm today with hail the size of really big marbles. Thank goodness the car was in the garage, but we lost an outside light and are having the adjuster come and look at the skylight and the roof.

Sloan, you WILL be the cutest mother of the bride, no doubt! :woohoo:

:hug: Nancy

Tejas 04-19-2011 11:18 PM

Sandra...check in, please. I see on TV that the weather was fierce in your area. We just had hail, no tornado or serious thunderstorm.

ems81wales 04-20-2011 02:17 PM

Thanks for the support everyone it means alot :D

Maryann i hope u have a good time.

How was your workout rhondda?

Sandra hope all is well with you ?

Jojo hope the dog sitting is going ok xxx

Tejas 04-20-2011 05:33 PM

Ems, my workout was just great. It's very difficult and really does tax me, but I trust my trainer and I do what he asks. I've really picked up on the cardio, doing both interval training and steady state on the elliptical 4 times a week. I've done this for 12 days. At first I was bored, but now I just remind myself that this is simply all about getting healthier and what is boring about that?!