Old 04-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Hi there.

Rhonda, I apologize for not getting here sooner. I didn't get back online last night after the storm and was at school all day today and just had a few minutes on the computer so I didn't get here. We did have HUGE hailstones yesterday. Curtis got the car into the barn just in time. We had some hail larger than golfball but not as large as softball. And--we're possibly getting more this evening. Not fun for sure.

That's so neat about your nephew's compliments. You've earned them.

Sloan, I echo about your being the cutest mom at the wedding. You go, girl!

JoJo, dogsitting sounds fun. That's kind of you to help your neighbor. When you move, will ya'll be taking your neighbors with you? They're going to really miss you if you don't.

I'm subbing 8th Grade English tomorrow. Should be fun. I had High School AG classes today. I don't know if I'll be able to get on the computer much or not but will be here checking on ya'll if I can.

Have a good evening.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Well that Raleigh NC tornado came very close to my house...
It felt good to have loved ones all calling to see if I was okay.

I went to Boone Tues & Wed (just back) with my cousin to take her younger daughter to see the Appalachian State campus and to see my son & her older
daughter. It was a nice trip but all the shops are full of cabin things which Robin & I have been dreaming about for years. I hate to be so negative but when I am home I want to go somewhere else and when I am away I want to be home. I want to sell my house because it reminds me so much of him and I don't want to sell it because it reminds me of him.. I want to stay in this town because of friends but a part of me wants to put everything in storage and take off on a cross country trip. I'd like to run away ...
Yesterday was our anniversary ..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Nancy, yesterday must have been exceptionally hard. The feelings you are having are so understandable, and so difficult to bear. Running away would be so nice to be able to do, and it's so impossible. I'm sure everyone is telling you the same thing, don't make any important decisions about anything for quite a while. If you decide you want to just take a trip, I've got a great guest room!

I've got a hot tub, we'd go see my cute trainer, we'd go to lunch with Sandra and have as good a time as is possible to do in your situation! No tornados here!

Sandra, glad you're OK. At least our temperatures are down, there's a little rain and the fires are taming down.

Last edited by Tejas; 04-20-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:01 AM   #19  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Rhonda Thank you ever so much for the story about that 60yr old lady who has turned her life around. I wish I could meet her. I keep telling myself to just concentrate on 1-2lbs a week and in a year I will have lost 50 or 100lbs, but 2lbs seems such a small amount every week.

We are in summer here, much too early to last but greatly appreciated.

Come on Ems You can do it.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #20  

Jojo, I searched the internet for the story, using "60 year old woman weightlifter" as my search terms. I didn't find her story, but I found others that were inspiring. One was about an 86 year old woman who, in her 70's, wanted to be strong enough to lift a 50 pound bag of either cat food or litter (can't remember) so she started exercising. I found a video of her appearance on a TV show and it was so cute and motivating. She is really small, but can deadlift 93 pounds.

I saw another video about 90 year old Japanese men who are body builders, and a 9 year old girl who can squat with twice her body weight. It's just motivating to me to see that it can be done. Granted there are some limitations for most of us, but we can all do a lot more than we think we can. Of that, I'm sure.

I have no desire to be a body builder posing in a string bikini, but I'm just crazy about being strong(er) and not wind up in a wheelchair if I can help it.

I can deadlift 162 pounds, but wrestling a 50 pound bag of bird seed out of the trunk of a car is difficult! It's not all about the pounds
Old 04-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #21  
focused and aiming

Nancy, Listen to Rhonda and your other friends and don't make any major decisions for awhile. Wish I could give you a hug in person.

JoJo, I read in my WW journal book something about being at a plateau's your body waiting to make adjustments before moving the scales. Just hang in there. That's all we can do.

Rhonda, darn! I wanted to see you in the string bikini. Just kidding. I'm extremely proud of you and your determination. You're an inspiration. You have inspired me to do better. My laziness is all that's holding me back.

Eight Graders are testing. Life is good.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey everyone hope your all well? i lost 1.5lbs this week and got my stone and a half and my 10% since starting back in novmber woohooo

well done rhonnda :d

Thanks jojo x
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Ems!!!!! You're doing great. Now aren't you in a better mood?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #24  

My youngest just got home tonight from college. Its so wonderful to have him home !!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:46 AM   #25  
hopeless but harmless

Thanks everyone. Get Easter over with and I'll be back on course with no distractions.

Morning Nancy.

Well done Ems Are you fed up with all this hype about the wedding? You can't turn the TV on without seeing something about it?
Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #26  

Morning chickies.

jojo, we are getting all the hype about the wedding too. Then they have to compare it to Charles and Diana.

ems, congrats on your loss this week. I need to get serious again. Just been hanging on, no loss, no gain. Still have over 10 lbs to lose.

Nancy, how long is your son home? Just Easter break?

My sis, in Michigan, told me they are getting snow again. Probably not sticking, but still. It's almost May. I am going there next week to see my cousin, the one with lung cancer. I will freeze my butt off.

My granddaughter and family are coming here tonight to spend the weekend. I get to meet my new great grandbaby. I'm so excited. He is 2 months old already and I have never met him.

Sorry I missed Maryann. I'm sure she is having a super time with her daughter and family.

Sandra and Rhonda, glad you both are okay after the storms and fires. Been watching it on the national news.

My hubby is following a healthy diet now. Why oh why couldn't he have done this before getting type 2 diabetes??

hi to sloan and Vickie.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #27  

Pam, that's great news about your husband.

I had a great day: tap, exercise, and the GK's. Then, peace and quiet and the hot tub!

I'm taking the weekend OFF from exercising; I'm tired!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:01 AM   #28  
hopeless but harmless

Great-grandmother Pam? You don't look old enough to be a grandmother.

Have a lovely Easter everyone.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #29  

Nancy, that's great that your son is home. That will be good for both of you!

I'm going to a "sock hop" tonight with a friend from tapping. I've got my circle skirt and petticoats ready! Tomorrow, after church, I'm taking my great nieces and great-great nephew to see "Snoopy"- a play here in town.

I hope you're all having a good Easter weekend.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

I pulled weeds most of the AM. Wonder how many AP's I earned. Feels like it should be a lot.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend, everyone. I'll be back later.