Old 03-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey girls i lost 3lbs tonight im so happy thats 16lbs lost since i started back at ww only 15lbs more until i meet my birthday goal which is the end of july
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Ems, congrats on losing those 3 lbs. You're on your way to your birthday goal for sure.

Happy St. Patty's Day, everyone! I am wearing green but had meatloaf for lunch. I did have green beans and an Irish potato, though. Do they count?

Pam, are you and I the only chickies not exercising? We need to do something, don't we? Congrats on keeping the scales low. I'm happy for you.

Vickie, a walk with Brodie sounds like fun. I know you both enjoyed it.

Paula, good for you for tracking. I'm doing the same. I feel better already and bet you do, too.

JoJo, are you feeling better?

Nancy, what about Robin? Is he stronger now?

Maryann, I know you enjoyed your corned beef and cabbage. Makes me smile. We've never followed that custom but know a lot of folks who do.

We have the car washed and the oil changed. Our excitement is building!!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 AM   #33  

Height: 5'4"

Robin is making good progress but it will be a while until he is out of ICU.
He is working with PT on sitting on the side of the bed with help.
Its hard to believe that I keep saying how great he is doing but that
it may be next week before he can even sit up by himself or get out of bed
with a walker..That is how bad things were.
But I am thrilled to just be able to watch TV with my sweetie at night or share a laugh. I used to complain that we watched too much TV but I have missed just watching a game show with him & the news. We don't sit & watch the news ..we commentate on every story with our opinion..LOL
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #34  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just wanted you to know that I fell in the library's parking lot this morning and I hurt my both knees and hands. Had the fire dept & ambulance come out as I thought I wouldn't be able to walk,but it tuned out ok as I was stunned.They asked me if I wanted to call some one,but I told them my family was in NY. Than low & behold my next door neighbor saw me on the ground and told me that she would be home in the afternoon and will look in on me. I went to my 11AM PT session and told them what happened and they put a machine on my bad knee and had them put heat on my neck/shoulder area. This was going to be my last session but John told me to come back for 2 more sessions.I have to put ice on the knee for 20 Mins 3 x's a day as its swollen.

PAM-Glad the scale was your friend and you did well at your W-I Yes I did have a busy day yesterday but being busy keeps me out of trouble.

PAULA & VICKIE-Both of you are looking good with your walking route,I'm afraid that my walking is going to be put on hold now that I hurt my knee again.

EMS-Congrats on your 3 lbs weight loss.

SANDRA-Of course the Irish Potatoes count. I cheated by buying a deli corned beef and cooking it for 10 mins just to heat it up. Than I added cooked potatoes and cabbage in the pot. Have leftovers for next week.

NANCY-Glad that hes making progress,it must be so hard on you,see ing him that way,but things will get better,as time goes by.

Have to go,and get my foot up on the lounge chair and get some ice on my bad knee.

Have a good one
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #35  

good afternoon.

Maryann, oh my. Glad you neighbor can look in on you. I feel so bad for you, as I know you really want to get back into your walking routine. Hopefully, it's nothing serious and a few days rest will do the trick.

ems, a big to you on your 3 lbs. The 2 of us sound pretty much on the same schedule. I've lost 15 and have another 15 to go. So happy you saw a good loss this week, as I know you are working hard.

Nancy, it's such a slow process. Hope he gets out of ICU so you can spend more time with him. You have to be exhausted. Take care of Nancy.

Sandra, yes, looks like it's you and me babe, lol. We really need to get serious. I have good intentions, just never follow through with them.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #36  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I am so glad you weren't hurt badly. That's good your neighbor will be there to help. Also good you have PT.

Pam, What can I say?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

So sorry to hear about your fall, Maryann, but glad you had help.

Nancy, glad to hear that progress is being made, even if slowly. It's always good to appreciate the small things.

I certainly ate way over any calorie limit today, but what the heck! Today we saw so many wonderful Anasazi sites....just amazing what the National Park Service has preserved for us to enjoy. Tomorrow, we go to Telluride for a look around.

I need the gym!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #38  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies. Happy Saturday. Spring is finally here as my allergies are killing me. I need to get back to taking claritin daily. For me it makes such a difference. Can't get to the gym this morning, dd has a fiend here until 10:30 or so, and the child care ends at 11:30. (DH is working today). Just isn't enough time to get to the gym and get a decent work out in. So, I'm going to take DD to the state park here in town and walk for an hour or so. I may pack a lunch as well -- its a bit cool here, upper 40s but good walking weather.

Nancy, glad Robin is improving. Sometimes baby steps are leaps forward.

Maryann, hope you are OK today. Scary falling like that, your lucky you didn't get hurt any more than you did. Last year my mom fell going to Easter Mass in the church parking lot - she fractured her pelvis. Take it easy today.

Well, off to get 2 girls dressed and moving. They are having quality BFF time and would prefer no adults around. They're good kids.

See ya!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #39  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Didn't sleep last night as my body was hurting all over,especially when you when you lay in one position stiffness comes in to play. Its 10 AM and I just got up one hour ago. I'm going to stay indoors today as I'm sore on my right knee than the bad knee .I guess when I feel I went down on the right knee first. My lower back is hurting also,so I'm going to put my back brace on. I guess its going to be a weekend of REST.

Got on the scale is morning and I maintained so I'm happy I didn't gain.

PAM-After I fell all I was thing about was that my meniscus tore again n I would need more surgery. TG it didn't happen,even if today I very sore. Going to do what the therapist told me,and take it easy today.

SANDRA-Thanks we have very nice caring people up here on the Cape and I'm lucky that i live up here. I'm sore but i will take it easy and do some exercisers that the PT gave me to do. all stretches that you do on the bed or sofa.

RHONDA-Thanks I have to be more careful where I walk. I fortunately that I didn't break anything.

PAULA-Thanks,my sister told me that we have to watch more than ever when we hit a certain age. Have to remember I can't walk as fast as I did at one time. Sorry to hear about your mom, breaking her pelvis my mom fractured hers just falling in her house.

Have a nice day, going to start my dinner,its a easy meal just heat up in the skillet.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I know you and Doyle are having a grand time. Enjoy every minute. This is such a glorious time of year. Life is good.

Paula, enjoy your day at the park with dd. Walking together and picnicking sound like such fun.

Maryann, I am sorry you're stove up this weekend. I'm just glad you didn't break any bones. Take care and don't overdo with the stretches.

I got up for an 8 am appointment for pedi/mani because we were going to an archery tournament in Fort Worth right after lunch. For some reason I called the archery center on my way home from the spa. The tournament was last weekend. Guess I'm getting senile. We're home and will prob work in the yard. (And we're going to do some shooting here, too.)
Old 03-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #41  

Maryann, sorry you are hurting. Hopefully it will be gone in a few days. If it's any consolation, I was barefoot and walked into the coffee table and my 2nd and 3rd toes feel like they are broken. I know they aren't but they are bruised and they are starting to hurt really bad. I did it this morning, but it really didn't start hurting until recently.

Sandra, you got a pedi/mani then went to do yard work? I hate when I have those senior moments.

Rhonda, enjoy and worry about the diet when you get home.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Pam, I didn't even do yardwork. Curtis did, but I passed. I've just been doing household chores with my sparkly toes.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #43  

Robin is out of ICU
Old 03-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #44  

I have got to figure out someway to trim some pounds off..
The stress makes me think I deserve to eat whatever I want..

Maybe if I ate eggs for breakfast and a protein shake at lunch that would help.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #45  

Height: 5' 10"

YEAH ROBIN! Great news Nancy!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote