Quick Question

• I have a gf who's new to the original CORE Plan. She's wanting to know if she has to limit her daily dairy to 2 servings (She's under 50 yo.) or can she have additional?

Yesterday she had 2 servings ff dairy; she also had 1 serving regular cheese and counted the points. I told her to count the cheese as a dairy serving as well as count the points. Did I tell her correctly? Her main question is, "Can she have more than 2 (or even 3) servings of dairy daily? I think she can. I don't remember dairy being limited on CORE. I read the material as meaning she needs at least 2 servings daily.

What do ya'll think?
  • I don't remember dairy being limited. The old core did limit certain grains to 1 per day, but that was removed in the new program.

Being under 50, I think we need more than 2 servings of dairy a day anyway.
    HTH
  • Thank you, Paula.
  • Sandra, fat free dairy was not limited under the old Core plan. Part of the reason I loved it so much. Sigh. It's hard for me to spend 2 points on my milk.
  • Vickie,

Your message seems to imply that it is limited now. Is their a limit on the new Simply Filling Plan for dairy?

I may have misinterpreted your "sigh".
  • I think it might be limited under the new plan but I'm not sure, Bonnie. I just had my first weigh in and so far they are dodging my requests for the Simply Filling Plan! So right now, I am counting points for my dairy under Points Plus.
  • Bonnie, I'm not sure either. I was asking the question here for a gf who's just beginning old CORE.
  • the handout they gave me says......... (this is simply filling technique) ff cheeses, including ff cottage cheese, ff milk and beverages made with ff milk, such as --Cappuccino or latte, as long as it's sugar free.
    Yogurt, ff, plain or flavored with artificial sweetener, ff sour cream, Soy products, unflavored and plain, such as: Calcium fortified soy milk, unflavored soy milk, soy cheese, plain soy yogurt.

My understanding, you can eat as much as you want of these power foods, dairy included, but only to satisfaction. Just eat portions that feel right to you.

If the cheese was full fat, she would need to count points, regardless if it's Core or SFT.