Old 01-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Pam, will you stop it please!? You're making me feel guilty about some jobs I'm not doing here!!!

Paula, we have the Burlington Coat Factory here. That's a funny story.

Jojo, I had the same kind of reaction to Oil of Olay products, and I have no known allergies. Glad to hear that you are better. And, congrats on the loss. If you drop dead tomorrow, we'll miss you!!

I'm spending the day sorting books that are still in boxes one year after the move!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #77  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Didn't sleep last night and when I woke up it was to late for church. I didn't feel too bad once I saw my temps were 15 and my car full of ice . My Knee is bothering me also,I thinking its from going up & down the basement stairs while doing my laundry.So just like Sharon its going to be a quite and relaxing day. Going to watch the Bob Hope Classic Golf. I like to see the Celebs [Alice Cooper and the lead guitar player from Kiss] swinging there golf clubs at all the rounds.Than tonight I will watch the Jets,hope they win for the shake of my 10 year old grand daughter.She loves them and the game.

NANCY=I couldn't believe the doctor when he told me I can go back to normal living as much as I can tolerate. This morning my knee is bothering me,so I'm relaxing this afternoon. I agree with the ladies,first being a caretaker than later you can think about selling the house.

RHONDA-Thanks, I lost the weight without exercising but now with activity added to my doctor list hopefully I will lose more. Yes I'm very lucky to have a good neighbor. Funny Story Rhonda well all have moments like that.

JOJO-I was happy also as I was the getting cabin fever. Oh JOJO that was funny but at the same time I felt sorry for the burn on your face. Hope it healing right now.

PAM-Thanks for the congrats,missed the neighbors as it was so quite around here as there are gone for the weekend. I was the only one in the building last night.

Have a great evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #78  
focused and aiming

Rhonda and Pam, those are funny stories. Sounds like things I do.

Pam, I agree with Rhonda. You're making me feel guilty about not doing much around the place.

Rhonda, I like your new tracker. We still aren't completely unpacked here. Our spare room is full of "stuff."

Nancy, I also vote for you to focus on taking care of Robin and yourself right now. Don't take on more than you can handle. Stress is dangerous.

JoJo, good thing you didn't have to go out yesterday. And congrats on losing those 3 pounds!

Maryann, you were wise to stay in today. Take it easy and don't overdo anything.

I got all "dolled up" for church today and was pretty proud of the way I looked. One of the first people I saw reminded me I was scheduled to watch the nursery today. By the end of church I had yellow paint on my shirt, my hook in front bra had 2 hooks undone, and my belt had fallen off one time. I was wiped out! My friend who I was scheduled to assist was absent. We went with the lunch bunch and I had a cheeseburger and onion rings! My bad!!

What happened today brings to mind the need to watch out for "HALT".
Watch out being:
too Hungry
too Angry
too Lonely &
too Tired

Now I need to eat mainly 0 pt fruit the rest of the day. I do still have a few WPA's left.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-23-2011 at 06:19 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #79  

Sandra..I know exactly what you mean about wearing different clothes if you know you are going to be in the nursery..I hope the paint comes out..

I think you girls are right about putting the moving on hold.
It is tempting to get it done because we have someone interested ,
lots of help and can't wait to be out from under the maintenance of the place.
On the surface it seems like we could get help and do it but moving is more involved than just getting the stuff moved. (especially downsizing & sorting what to keep or get rid of.) .It is stressful to move and would make it harder to focus on Robin's care and why add to the stress this spring. By summer if Robin is doing well we can rethink it.

He is doing great with this round of Chemo, eating & sleeping good !!
I hope we are home by his birthday on Wed
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #80  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I hope you're home by Wednesday, too. I got the paint out of my clothes. It washed out easily. The kids had painted in Sunday School. There must have been some paint on some of the toys.

I just did 10 minutes That's not much but it's a start. Curtis did 10 also.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Nancy, good luck for Wednesday.

Sandra, onion rings?!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, I've been soooo busy. My sis and I have been working at my mom's house for the past two days making and hanging drapes, moving furniture, and gussying up the place. It looks so cute, and she really likes it. We went to the funeral home for the visitation for my cousin's son. You could tell she was just going through the motions. I can't imagine how hard this is for her and the rest of her family. Tomorrow we will attend the funeral then travel two hours to the burial in East Tennessee. I'll check in later in the week. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:31 AM   #83  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

New pages are ready
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote