Old 01-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #61  

Height: 5' 10"

Pam, I double checked the WW site. Arnolds 100% whole wheat sandwich thins have the green triangle which is SF food. There aren't any other Arnolds listed, so I can't say if any others are as well. HTH.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #62  
focused and aiming

Hi there. From the way I read the current SF plan, I think all "lite" breads are SF. I even saw green triangles next to low cal hot dog and hamburger buns. Am I right?

Sloan, 27? How sad. I am so sorry you and your family are having so many tragedies.

Ems, we'll be going tomorrow to watch our 8 and 12 year old granddaughters play basketball. Sunday we'll go to church and out for lunch with "the lunch bunch." Pro-football play-offs will keep us occupied some, too.

Sounds like most of us are having winter weather. Stay warm, Chickies!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #63  

hello.

Sloan, so sorry about your cousin. They say it comes in 3's, and that is 3 deaths in such a short time. So young. Did you find out what happened?

Paula, thanks for telling me about Arnolds. The reason I didn't think it was SF was that at a meeting, someone said they used to be 1 pt and now are 3 pts. and I thought they had to say reduced or light to be SF. I used to buy them to use as a burger bun. Now I can buy them again, lol.

Sandra, enjoy the grandkids. You have a busy weekend planned.

Maryann, sorry about your gloomy weather. I am so grateful to be where it's a little warmer. My knee does not like cold weather at all. Maybe it's the metal in there, lol.

Hi ems and jojo.

I'll try to check in before I go to bed.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #64  

Yes Sandra, from what I've checked all light breads and rolls are SF. That's a nice addition! I don't mind losing avacados and olives if I can have bread.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #65  

UGH, just lost my post. OK, here its again. Tonights snack -- lightly toast 2 slices light bread. Top with sliced tomato, fat free feta and sprinkle some greek seasoning. Put under the broiler till bubbly. 5 stars! Sort of like a greek pizza. YUMO
Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #66  
focused and aiming

Paula, I totally agree. And your snack sounds good, too. I had a few walnuts and a lot of grapes tonight.

Have good evening, everyone.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I ate about 1650 calories of good food, tap danced and worked out at the gym. I think that I need more calories so I'll have yogurt or something.

Today at tap we learned a difficult series of steps. I was doing fine and then it went pouf. I couldn't remember what to do. I was fatigued and it just went out of my head. I'm not alone in this, remembering the steps' sequencing is tricky. But, it was funny to be able to do it then go blank essentially.

Have a good night everyone!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #68  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Paula I've lost my posts a few times on here too and, I often have to log in twice because when I go to post a reply, a box comes up telling me I haven't signed on. If it's any help, what I do now is write my post on my word processor, then cut and paste into the message box. That way if I lose what I've written I still have a copy and I don't need to redo the whole thing

Sloan What a dreadful start to 2011 for you and your family. As you know, we found Beth had passed away in her bed. It was an awful shock. Even though the para medics worked hard on her, and got the heart going, there was little hope. My heart goes out to you all

Maryann I know what you mean about grey days. After all that snow we had a few weeks ago, the weather turned drizzly and damp with low grey skies. It really gets on your tripe.

Sandra
How did the basketball go? Back in the 60's we used to love the Harlem Globetrotters when they came over here.

Rhonda Did I ever tell you that my mum, an eternal optimist, sent me to ballet classes when I was a little girl? It was a vain attempt to stop me being a tomboy. After a few weeks, the teacher gave her her money back and told her to stop flogging a dead horse

Have a good one everybody

Sandra
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #69  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I have had some poufy moments, too. You are an amazing woman who's doing much much more than most. I am very proud of you.

JoJo, we'll be leaving in about 30 min for the bb games. I liked the Globe Trotters, too, and got to see them in person one tme when they came to Fort Worth. Meadowlark Lemon--I remember that name well. You have a good plan there for saving posts. I have been copying mine before clicking "post quick reply," but I like your plan better.

We'll prob go out for lunch today between basketball games. I'm not sure what I'll have yet. Ya'll have a Super Saturday.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-22-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #70  
beachbum

Good Evening Ladies

Woke up late this morning and I had to go out to the bank and than to buy a gift certificate.

This afternoon I had to balance my check book,and than get the laundry washed.According to the weather report tonight's temps are going into the low teens so I had to search for my warm quilt. Found it in the basement next to my luggage.

Oh my neighbor called a to tell me that she & her DH are going to be away for the weekend and I should be careful going outside.She saw me drive away and she was curious of whether I should be driving. I told her my doctor gave me to Ok and I can almost anything in moderation. Surprising she asked me about the Pea Pod and was interested on how to get started on their web site. She thinks its good idea to have a service in our area and would use it. So I was wrong about her being annoyed that I was using it it.She is a concerned neighbor and I'm very lucky to have them.

My W-I was this morning and I lost 1 lb so that brings me down to 9 lbs from the beginning of the month. WoW!!! I take that.

Have a wonderful evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #71  

I got lonely over on my own little thread

Is anyone else ready for spring ??

Sloan..how tragic..prayers for your cousin's family & yours too..

Maryann..that is great you can drive some already..

Robin and others think we could pull off selling the house "as is" while Robin is recuperating by getting an apartment set up , then selling & storing the rest of the stuff with the help of friends..

It seems "doable" one minute and then I think if I need to be his caretaker
this spring before, during and after the transplant how could I possibly
take care of the details of the move also. I think it would be better to focus on getting him well and then hopefully by summer we can
decide how to get the house sold. Our retirement funds had already taken a hit and now we have medical bills & my delayed work & delaying the house sell. I hope we don't have to sell the land we bought . That is his
dream land.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Oh Nancy, I was wondering about your house selling plans and the land. That's a lot to have to make decisions about, a lot of stress for you. I agree with you about one thing at a time, with the priority being Robin's health and your ability to care for him and be with him while being strong yourself.

Maryann, congrats on the weight loss and on having concerned neighbors.

Jojo, my mother had to put up with my being both a tom boy and a dancer. I haven't really changed much!

I had another "senior moment" today. DH and I were to take a trip to a town not too far away called Granbury to see a country and western revue. NO, we were to go to a town called Grapevine which is much closer to see an Elvis impersonator. I was flummoxed when we got to the senior center to leave and they had vans for transportation. I thought "I'm not riding for an hour in a van!" But, of course we were going only about 30 minutes away. Good thing I wasn't the driver! Anyway, we had fun and the performance was fantastic.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:18 AM   #73  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

That's great news Maryann. Glad you can get out of the house for a bit

Now feel free to have a laugh everyone

On Friday evening I gave myself a face pack. It was one I hadn't tried before. I am a natural redhead, not that vivid red, more auburn and have the pale skin associated with it. I have to be careful with new soap etc in case I get a reaction. Anyway, I read the ingredients and there was nothing there that wasn’t in any other packs. It was a peel off one, and it came off OK, my skin felt a bit tight, but that is quite normal.
When we woke up yesterday morning, Mark took one look at me and said: ‘How!’ My face was bright red, as if I had had too long under a sun lamp. I had two white circles where the cucumber slices had been on my eyes, and everywhere else was bright red and sore! I had to stay in all day.
I slapped E45 cream on through the day, and this morning it is much better, more pink than vivid red. Ah well… things can only look up. At least I have lost another 3lbs. I start my exercise class tomorrow, fully expecting to drop dead after not exercising for so many years
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #74  

Happy Sunday everyone. Quiet day for us today - off to Church this morning, I may get to the Y and hit target. DD had a friend stay over Friday night, the girls played all day Friday at the other house as school was closed, then were her that night and all day Saturday. They were quiet tiered yesterday! But they had fun beadazzeling stuff - a gift from Santa.

While they were out playing I actualy played wii bowling for 1/2 hour. Per the ww activity site, I earned 2 points! It was fun and better than me sitting and reading. I think I'm going to look into Wii fit. (Santa brought the Wii as well - What a guy, huh!).

Jojo, I hope your face is better today! Luckily you didn't need to go anywhere yesterday. I've never done a peel mask, I have a mud type one I love.

Rhonda, good thing you were'nt driving your self! Funny story from my mom -- There is a store ini the NE (not sure if its national) called Burlington Coat Factory. Really great deals on coats and clothes. Years and years ago when it first opened in our area, my mom took me to buy a new coat. We drove all the way to Burlington MA, about an hour and 1/2 away. When she stopped to ask where the store was she found out its not in Burlington. It was actually 2 towns away from our home! I guess its good we have the intenet to check things!

Have a good morning!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #75  

We'll just call you Red, jojo. My mom was a redhead and I had strawberry blonde hair growing up. More dishwater blonde these days. I guess you won't use that peel again. Congrats on losing 3 lbs, and good luck with your class.

Nancy, I agree with Rhonda. Focus on Robin's recovery first.

Maryann, woohoo on the 1 lb loss. Glad you have such caring neighbors.

We are tackling the bathroom today. We worked all day yesterday, taking out the old whirlpool. We have it ready to put in the new one, then my husband will do the tile work around the tub. I get to start the painting today.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote