Old 01-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Emma, you can find lists of high fiber foods rather easily on the internet, but fruits and vegetable are high on the list. Also, try prunes (just a few) and wheat germ (a tablespoon or two) which are great on oatmeal. Of course, if you are getting medical advice that should be followed.

Yes, Vickie, this diagnosis will make it easier for us to get the kind of help and living accommodations that he needs.

today I did 2 sets of 10 single legged squats. That is a personal best!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Thanks rhonda i got prunes here il have to try them thanks xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #48  

your whole grains have fiber, along with beans. I love black beans. Quinoa is my favorite although it's considered a seed, along with bulgur, steel cut oats. I have diverticulosis, so I try to eat lots of fiber. Never been bothered with it, but found out when I had my colonoscopy a few years ago. Just do an internet seach as Rhonda suggested.

Vicki, shame on you cheating with healthy food!!! I won't tell, lol

Last edited by pam920; 01-12-2011 at 05:59 PM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #49  

A caution about prunes: they can produce gas which can be a problem, particularly if you have some other gastric problems. So, just a few....

And, yeah, Vickie...cheating with healthy food is a new low!

Last edited by Tejas; 01-12-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #50  
Southside White Sox Fan

It's in the oven and it smell GREAT!

Rhonda, I wish I didn't have the hiatal hernia as it is so limiting. Your exercise sounds much more fun than the treadmill. I'm proud of you.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #51  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone - just stopping by quickly. We got about 18 inches of heavy wet snow today. Power was out from about 8am until 2. Not fun - now the lights are flickering again.

Maryann, glad to hear you knee is on the mend and that you didn't get the snow we got. You're lucky. There is so much snow outside now its not going away anytime soon.

Nancy, glad to hear Robin is home. That will be a great surprise for him, I hope its kept a secret!

I'll try to post a picture from today. I'm ready to head south....2 blizzards in 3 weeks is a bit much. I've lived in MA all my life and snow is just part of winter -- but this much so quickly is getting old fast!

Have a good night.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #52  
focused and aiming

Again, I am reminded that I can't do 2 things at once. I was typing a long long post here while also chatting with my granddaughter on Facebook. Punched something and lost the post. Life goes on.

Vickie, I was telling you you're braver than I to go through getting carpet installed again. Thank you for the tip on water. And--(I know I'm typing fast now.) we don't wi at OA. We talk, read literature, and sometimes write and discuss what we've written while we work on the 12 Step Program. (spiritual/emotional) Sorry this is short. I'm trying to remember what I'd typed earlier.

Em and JoJo, you almost live as near as Rhonda and I.

JoJo, that's a funny story but I'll bet it wasn't funny then.

Em, I eat a lot of grapes and cherries.

Rhonda, that's sad about your brother's having alzheimers but good that you can get help now.

Maryann, let's talk about Biggest Loser after you've watched it. I'm really into that show.

Paula, that's awful!!! Stay safe an warm!

Looks like I'll get this one posted before I mess up again. Hope so, anyway. I subbed today and will again tomorrow. Now I'm going to get me some grapes and chow down. Ya'll have a good evening.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #53  

I found Vitamuffins at a local health food store, so I'll see what I think of them.

In bragging mode again, I also did push ups with my hands on a stability ball, not the floor. This is difficult because you have to keep the ball stable. I crashed my face into the ball a couple of times.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:47 AM   #54  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

EM If you google high fibre foods, whole lists come up, you can cut and paste into your word processor and print out at your leisure. Holland and Barrett sell wheatgerm. Put a tablespoon on your morning weetabix or porridge. I try to have 8 glasses of water a day, but have to slow down around teatime or else I'm up all night piddling... I know every brush stroke on the back of the loo door

Vickie Go straight to the naughty step. How dare you cheat with healthy food. What an example to set!

Maryann I don't want to hear about you running around like a two year old. REST!

Rhonda
It helps to get the right diagnosis doesn't it? No matter how damning it is. My mum was treated for anaemia before I pointed out to the doctor (youngster, I have tights [pantyhose] older than him) that she was a classic vascular dementia.

Pam I still say you don't need to lose weight from the look of your picture. Neither does Rhonda for that matter, or Sandra.

Things were so bad on Tuesday, that some people in our road thought we were moving house, they couldn't believe 2 sofas would make that much upheaval.
This week is going very quickly, weigh-in for me is Saturday.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #55  

You're sweet Jojo but I DO need to lose weight. My body fat percentage is way too high. Not that it has been really accurately measured (what an ordeal that would be), but I have too much belly fat especially.

One sad thing about my brother is that he has alienated so many people by his behavior over the years that he is difficult to help. His daughters are saints, and I help him by helping them in this struggle.

Moving on, I loved the Vitamuffin that I had last night.

Off to tap dancing in an hour!

Rhonda
Old 01-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #56  

Thanks for all the advice sandra, pam, vickie and jojo. Ihave wi tonight hope it goes well xxx
Old 01-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Craziness here! My uncle (mom's brother) passed away two days ago. Last night we were at the funeral home. Way to close to my dad's passing. What a flood of emotions. My mom called me this morning with the news that her brother's (the one that just passed) wife passed away last night. My poor cousins! Funeral today for their father and funeral on Saturday for their mother. No words!

In the meantime, my driveway is like a ski slope. We have to walk up and down. It is about 1/4th of a mile straight up! It is still snowing, and we have not been to school at all this week.

Hey to y'all. Sorry this post is "all about me". I'll stop by later if I can.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #58  

You and your poor family sloan im sending big hugs from Wales sorry to hear about your losses xxx
Old 01-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #59  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a call from one of my choir members and said that the director wants us to practice today, I told her she crazy I 'm not going out in this ice. Plus I just had surgery.She told me she's not going either. The other director used to let us off after the holiday season,but the new one won't listen.

My knee is healing nicely,but I'm very slow even with the walker.We have lots of ice out there and need to get my mail as I haven't been to the mailbox since Saturday.Going to asked my neighbor to go go down when she gets her mail. I also have to have my cholesterol prescription filled.Maybe I will be able to drive at the end of the weekend.

EMS-Welcome to our thread you going to like it here very supportive and motivated woman here to help each other weight-wise or other things in life. Happy to be a part of this group. Thanks my knee feels better each days and I be on the road to recovery soon.

PAM-My DD introduced me to Quinoa instead of couscous and I must agree is a very good source of fiber.

PAULA-Even if we didn't get that much snow it still turned to ice as I couldn't go out and shovel it. Now I have to wait until it get warmer for the ice to melt. If I can't get out by this weekend i will have some one handy man come over and get me dug out.

SANDRA-I can't believe the way they changed the show.Having 4 trainers. I was shocked the way Allison spoke to the on ranch contestants,at the W-I,Was glad that Bob spoke up and made her apologize.

RHONDA-You're going to love them,I used to buy them all the time but now they're too expensive for my pocket.

JOJO-I will rest,as I can't go out doors with the icy walkways & road. Maybe when it warms up a bit,and the snow & ice melt.

Have a great day,going to warm up my chili and texas toast for my main meal.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #60  

sloan, my condolences. I can't imagine the pain your cousins are feeling right now. I've lost both my parents, but not a few days apart.

Rhonda, you are really active. I wish I could say the same. Great accomplishment doing pushups on the stability ball.

jojo, my fat is in my belly, but thanks. I have about 20 lbs to lose.

ems, good luck with WI. I lost .4 this week. I think I really need to get serious about exercising, or I'm never going to get rid of these extra pounds.

Sandra, I love cherries. I don't recall seeing them in the supermarket. I always have grapes on hand. I love Biggest Loser too.

Maryann, hope you are relaxing and not overdoing it.

Well, off to find a youtube video.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote