Old 12-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #31  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a very productive day yesterday,I got all of Leo's chest of drawers emptied ,and now today I will put some of my winter clothes from my closet into the drawers for next Wednesday's Move.

Quote:
I am sorta experimenting with how carbs are affecting my appetite.
Trying to figure out the effect of which carbs and when I eat them.

It seems even if I have ww bread & fruit with my eggs in the am that I am hungrier all day.

I did really well yesterday with almost no carbs until dinner time .
Then I had 2 servings of bean soup & a fruit.

On my last physical my Dr said my fasting blood sugar is creeping up
and losing weight would help it not continue up. I wonder if that is why
the carbs make me so hungry??
NANCY-Hope that your will find the correct carbs. Interesting fruit & eggs make you hungrier. I have to have lots protein at breakfast and limiting the carbs. I use cocktail breads when I have sandwiches. 3 slices /70 cal. Going to use more beans in my meals as Dr Oz told us yesterday on his program that beans are a healthy way to lose weight they have antioxidants and high fiver in them. I think you are correct carbs always make me hungry so that the reason I count carb and calories.

VICKIE-I'm not ready for snow,just keep in in your area,and if not just give us a little dusting. Oh I remember well when I was young my dog loved the snow and once disappeared for a day and 1/2 before she came back home.

SLOAN-I knew that this would come up at WW with there point system I couldn't see that a snack and healthy foods were the same points now they leaning on the healthier foods[including fruit] at lower and unhealthy higher.It going to make sense now,as the point system & the core didn't work for me in 26 weeks so that's the reason I dropped WW.

SANDRA-Thanks for the welcome back.I had my front garden worked over this fall and the professional did a wonderful job.I was so pleased i going to use him every year.

JOJO-Sorry that you had to hear, about your DH but glad that they found it right away. Hope all works out for you before the holidays come.

I have to go,and get started on today's chores
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #32  

Height: 5'4"

Jo Jo

Your on my mind...

Let us know what the Dr said today when you went back today...
Hoping it is something small...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I wonder just how many points are in 3/4 of a guacamole hamburger and a glass of merlot? Probably a day's worth, and I enjoyed every one of them!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

JoJo, I hope you and Mark get the best news possible. I know you both must be very frightened.

I don't have time to post now. I'll be back tomorrow. Night night.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:19 AM   #35  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks girls, this forum really does have the nicest people on it. Well, we struggled though the snow…. I felt like Nanook of the North! We got there are Mark was seen straight away. It was the potassium level that was , I quote: ‘On the high side of normal’ I suddenly had a brainwave. Now and again, roughly every 10 years or so, my brain functions as normal. Since Mark gave up smoking he loves oranges, particularly those little sweet Clementine ones, which, I suddenly remembered, are high in potassium. I mentioned this to the team and there was a sigh of relief all round. The oranges were the culprit. I am now rationing his orange and banana intake. More blood will be taken on Monday, but they said not to worry.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #36  
focused and aiming

JoJo, that is fantastic news. What a relief that had to be for both of you. Thank you for letting us know. And also, thank you for the warning about eating too much potassium rich foods.

I'm off to school this AM. My lunch is packed. Ya'll have great day. Oh, yes! The school where I am subbing is playing in the State Semi-finals tonight. If they win, they'll play for the state championship next week. If It's Texas--It Must Be Football! (Title of a book Curtis thought about writing.) I can't tell you what the excitement will be like today. It's going to be awesome. I used to be varsity cheerleader sponsor. I get rally caught up with the hoopla.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #37  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had another productive day made myself 3 portions of beef stew.Today I'm going to make 4 mini meat loaves. This way I have a head start with leftovers when my surgery is at hand.

Going out with my friend Mary for Pizza tonight,no movies this time as nothing is worth watching.

JOJO=That's interesting about oranges & bananas,I never thought that oranges had potassium in them I thought it was a Vit C fruit. I knew that bananas & strawberries are high in potassium but never oranges,I wondering if it also pertains to OJ. Luckily you had a brainstorm and were able to discuss this with the doctors.

SANDRA-Have a wonderful day and have fun at the football game hope the win.

I have to go,as I have a lots of chores before I go out to the pizza parlor.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

That's good news, Jojo. What a relief for the two of you. You'd be surprised how many foods have a lot of potassium in them. I know about this only because I have a close friend who has to monitor his potassium intake and is really limited in the veggies that he can eat.

So, my indulgences yesterday added TWO pounds! Cute, really cute. Now to drink that water!

Sandra, go team go. I rarely watch football because when I do I turn into a homicidal maniac
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #39  

JoJo...what a relief to find out that is what they found !!
I have the opposite problem..I have to take Pot supplements
because I take a diuretic for blood pressure.. All the extra peeing
deletes pot levels...That makes me wonder if drinking extra water
would bring down the level.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #40  

Maryann..
about the carbs..cutting them out has made all the difference in the world with my appetite. This whole week I have been keeping the carbs as low as possible during the day and then having a few more at night. If I have eggs and nuts
for breakfast I am full for 4 hours.. You know how usually I struggle weeks to see 1 pound loss- well this week I have lost 3 pounds since Monday and
5 pounds since last week. I know a lot is water weight loss because when I started this diet I was bloated and yucky feeling.
I am pretty pumped that I found a way to not be hungry because my will power
is non existent when I am hungry...Diets are easy if we're not hungry aren't they!!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. I had a fantastic time at school today. About 20 years ago I was varsity cheerleader. Well, today at pep rally, I shed a few tears. I think they were because of memories coming back. The girls and I had a great time together and are still close friends via Facebook.

Right now it's 3 min till half and we're ahead 13-0.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:12 AM   #42  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

When I was nursing Nancy we gave potassium tablets along with diuretics but they don't do it these days. The thinking is that the body doesn't need it. My reply is that the body hasn't changed!
No more snow overnight, just blinking ice everywhere
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:32 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' y'all. I'm on my way to Bible study leaders meeting. Early, huh? I'll check in later. Have a super day!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! We are in the middle of our first snow storm. Gotta go to the Great Niece's holiday program today. She's 4!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #45  

We are supposed to get snow tonight but they said just a bit.