Old 11-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

2feelbetter. It's good to have you here with us. This is a great group of chickies. Please hop in and post away. We'd like to get to know you better. My husband just had total knee replacement due to arthritis. He's recuping beautifully.

Vickie, I hear ya on being tired of eating the same type foods. WW is coming out with their new program (maybe end of this month from what I've heard). I'm thinking ofgoing to a meeting to get the new program. We need new carpet in the worst way but are procrastinating. I hope you get yours installed quickly with no glitches.

Maryann, I hope everything goes well for you. I know you have to be worried. Just remember we're all here for you pulling for you to have a quick recovery.

I shot a personal high score today at the tournament. I'm extremely excited about that. Curtis shot well, too. We're both tired and are resting now. Guess we're old.

Last edited by ontarget; 11-13-2010 at 08:31 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #32  

Height: 5'4"

Maryann...
Do you have a spare room downstairs??

I was thinking about the cane,tote & luggage problem.
Does your luggage have wheels?? I have seen a lot of people strap the tote
to the top of the wheeled suitcase and then they just have one piece
to pull along. Just a thought...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #33  

I think I caught the cold/virus that everyone else has had.
I went to my grandson's soccer game and came home and went back to bed for the day. DH made chicken noodle soup and his special OJ/gingerlale drink for
me .

I need to get over this fast because we are doing Thanksgiving next Sat
when we can get the family all together. DD flies in on Wed from Ca.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:28 AM   #34  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

I'm back!!

Just a quick one. I've lost 4lbs so there's something to be said for having the flu! How are you all? How's everyone doing? Talk to you again tomorrow
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Why am I awake? Do you think it is all the sugar I ate at various functions today? I was a nut, really, crazy. OK, I hope that is over, whatever it was.

The art gallery where I have been taking lessons had its first year anniversary today, with a big party into the evening. One of my necklace and earring sets sold, so I'm now a "professional" What fun. i've got to start my holiday line and made my first set tonight

Tomorrow is church, a hike with the family, and a volunteer appreciation dinner in the evening for all of die-hard politicos who worked so hard in the election.

Maryann, what a lot of work. I do hope for the best with your knee. It's a lot of disruption. Breathe deeply and slowly.

(I posted, then noticed that the time said 5:59AM...NOPE, it was 3:59AM..what time zone is 3fc in these days?)

Last edited by Tejas; 11-14-2010 at 05:02 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #36  
focused and aiming

Nancy, for getting well quickly so you can enjoy time with your family.

JoJo, that was quick, girl. I don't know if I've ever seen you in and out so quickly here. on losing 4 lbs!!!!!!! Amazing! Maybe I need the flu or something????

Rhonda, your post says 3:59 on my puter. Congrats on becoming a jeweler. Sounds like you're having a fun weekend. I think the holidays are already "in the air." Yesterday I was hungry for sweets. Thank goodness there weren't any nearby. If there had been, I have no doubt I'd have had some.

We're up and ready to go to church. Afterwards, we'll go out to eat with friends then it will almost be time for rehearsals. This evening we're going to my son's. It's his birthday. Am I old enough to have a son who is 43? Yes.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Afternoon Chicks! I'm just taking a brief break from emptying out my entertainment center in anticipation of the carpeting installation on Tuesday. Monday and Tuesday are crazy busy days for me so I had to do it today. We need to take digital photos of the back of the TV and the devices so we can get them hooked back up properly.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Vickie, that's a good idea of taking the photos. I hope your carpet installation goes without incident.

I'm just chillin' waiting to go to rehearsal.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #39  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congrats on all those National Titles Sandra - wow! - very impressive!

sounds like everyone understands and uses the 'snack bag' concept - good for you if you do - I am tryingn to make a habit of it!

Vickie - actually my fitness instructor also just mentioned sparkpeople so I will have to go and check that out as well!

speaking of which I have not logged in any food since last thursday or so? Thursday was a stat holiday here (at least for public servants) - remembrance day - so I took the friday off creating a very long 4 day weekend!

Problem is I of course overindulged a little too much? And on sat/sun my 2 kids (12 and 19) attended a dance workshop this weekend (www.coastaldancerage.com) - yes they danced 6 hours a day while I sat on my bum 6 hours a day - ha ha ha. I packed lots of snacks - none of which were that bad - but we all know that eating too many snacks (esp when one is not moving?) is not a good thing. I did not exercise at all this weekend and feel badly. Dare I get on the scale tomorrow morning?( and I somehow have my period when I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO - which is freaking me out - have an appt in a couple of weeks - trying not to stress out).

At least I have my strength training class tomorrow night (and have packed the leftover 'food' for work tomorrow: tuna/egg salad, cut up veggies, fruit salad - pineapple/blueberrries/strawberries, some cheese)....I go right from work to fitness class/coaching - leave work at 4:30 pm and don't get home til 7:30 pm (no dinner til then) so I need to make sure I 'snack' properly (try to have some protein around 4 pm or so) so I can manage the exercise and not starve myself!

And I can't wait to wear the t-shirts dd and I bought at the dance weekend - very brightly colored (white with turquoise blue/hot pink/gray large lettering) and it says across the front' FEEL THE RAGE'! I know the ladies in the class will get a kick out of it (the next favorite t-shirt is from a local candy shop - big bear on the back and it says 'give me some chocolate and no one gets hurt' - how true! ha ha ha).

Hope everyone has an EXCELLENT week!

Last edited by Froufy; 11-14-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! I spent the afternoon with my mom and sister. My mom found a cute little house on the street between my house and my sister's house. We both pass right by there several times a day. It is just right for her. The owner has painted throughout and cleaned the carpets. She plans on moving in on Thanksgiving weekend. She was actually excited to get started decorating! We are very happy with the house, the location, and a very nice younger man who lives right behind her.

Rhonda, I hope you can post some pics of your jewelry. We would love to see it.

Nancy, sorry about your cold. I hope you feel better before your Thanksgiving celebration. My friend and I have been keeping eachother accountable counting ww points. Tomorrow will be one week for me. I'm really looking forward to the new program. It sounds like it might be easy to keep up with.

Sandra, what play are you working on besides the one with the highschool?

Vickie and Maryann, don't work too hard!

Frouf, your t-shirt sounds cute!

Jojo, congrats on losing four pounds. Getting sick is not the best way to do it, but a loss is a loss

GTG hang out with DH. Have a good night, y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:04 AM   #41  

Sloan..
That sounds great about the place your mom found. I love that it is so convenient for you & your sister. Your mom will love having you two be able to just check in on your way by.