Old 11-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #16  
beachbum

SANDRA-I don't have any tickets to give away,the senior center give you the ticket once your on the bus. If I go,I probably meet some one either on the bus or at the luncheon after the symphony.Thought it would be nice to get my friend away from the funeral and all,but her DD is going to help here on some matters that she has to clean up.

Thanks for the thought
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I couldn't get into the website either.

I am so tired I can hardly describe it! I'm so glad this election is over, and we'll survive, I'm sure.

I had avoided the Halloween candy until yesterday. But, I've cut myself off for sure. And, now it's time to get back to the gym. Tomorrow Right now, I'm taking naps and staying horizontal!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #18  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, we had a horizontal day this week, too. Sometimes they are lifesavers.

Maryann, you'll make new friends on the bus. I have no doubts at all. Have fun!

I'm still sugar free. This is Day 148. I still feel like I've gained some weight, though. Too many fried foods. I need to make better choices.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #19  

Don't you hate it when you have a nice long post and it disappears into
cyberspace..Does that happen to anyone else??
I probably forget to push the Submit button...

My minimeal diet is going great. It seems to keep me from getting so hungry that
I want to break my diet.

I need to find granola/meal bars that have good protein & are under 200 calories. All the ones I tried this week are too sweet or taste funny.

Maryann..how is that knee doing...You have a lot to deal with right now and then your knee at the same time

Sloan..I am so worried about how I will eat decent after I start work . I
am sure I will figure it out..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Nancy, you may not be in the mood to cook, but I bet you could find some recipes for granola bars that give you what you want.

I'm going (back) to bed!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:09 AM   #21  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Yep Nancy, happens to me all the time.

We were thinking of you Rhonda when we were watching the election results. You must be totally exhausted.

Mark used to 'shoot arrows' Sandra when he was in school. We didn't have archery in my school. We had fencing instead.

Dental check-up for both of us this morning at 11am. Most of the dentists have their surgeries in the new part of the city. Not ours! His is in the very old part, a black and white 3 storey building going back to the 15th century. No elevator and apart from the fire escape, has only the one flight of stairs. oak, uneven and blinking steep. I shall be glad when I can hand my teeth to a nurse at the bottom of the stairs, and wait for her to return them

There is a rumour circulating, that prince William will announce his engagement this weekend. It makes no odds, we are keeping the girl already.

Have a good day all.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' Chickies! I woke up extra early coughing this morning, so I thought I'd say hello in case the day got away with me. I'm feeling better and went back to school yesterday. If I could get rid of this cough and congestion, I would be "top knotch". The link I posted for the article about the new program was copied and pasted from the "momentum" thread here on 3FC. I don't know why it didn't work, but if you want to check it out you can look there. Sorry there was a problem. I have gained, and I am very at myself. My friend at work and I are going to weigh in on Monday and try to hold each other accountable for one week at a time. Hopefully having a partner in crime will help. We eat lunch together too, so that will give us time to chat about our eating.

Maryann, I'm really sorry that you are having your sleep disturbed. It's bad enough to have pain, but when it interrupts your sleep it makes it seem much worse. I hope the docs can help you get things under control.

Sandra, I'm so proud of your "sugar free" accomplishment. You probably should lay off that fried frito pie

Rhonda, have you recovered from the election festivities? I thought about you on election day, too.

Nancy, congrats on getting in control. I need to follow in your footsteps. I can't believe I've gained so much weight back. I'm not sure what happened, but I've GOT to get it together!!

Jojo, your day with Mark sounds nice! Glad you two had fun. Also, congrats on getting your eating back under control.

I've got to get off this couch and start the coffee. I just heard DH get up, so that means it's time for me to "get it in gear". You chicks have a great day!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #23  

good morning chicks. Been busy and see I haven't made it in here this week.

jojo, how long ago did you lose your daughter? I'm so sorry. Glad you both were able to enjoy your outing and have your eating under control.

Maryann, sounds like your knee is getting worse. Enjoy the symphony.

Nancy, I like the trailmix Kashi bars. I think they are 140 cal.

Sloan, is your throat still sore? I woke up yesterday with one, but today it's not so bad. I think mine is sinuses.

Sandra, taco soup sounds good. I haven't made that in a long time.

Rhonda, have you made it back to the gym? I've been slowly raking the yard, since we had the trees trimmed. I'm counting that towards my workout, lol.

We are expecting a cool down for a few days. We also had a little bit of rain overnight. I've been here since beginning of Oct, and this is the first rain we've had.

Take care.

Last edited by pam920; 11-04-2010 at 09:14 AM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #24  

Sloan..Do you want to race for 130 again????
You have a headstart on me but it would still be fun...
Old 11-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #25  
focused and aiming

Good morning, Chickies. We have a bright, beautiful day here. We're getting the grands after school this afternoon for a bit. Other than that we're here at home. Curtis is going to get on the puter in a bit to work on an article he's writing on making bows out of PVC pipes. Those bows are good for children's programs as they are super inexpensive and durable.

My eating's been good. Taco soup is good to have on hand as it's low in calories and is really really close to being CORE. The dry Ranch mix is prob the only non-CORE item in it.

JoJo, going to the dentist getting exercise? That sounds like a good combination. Well, if your not having a toothache, that is. Just be careful and don't get hurt.

Sloan, I'll go check out that thread. Good for you for having a partner in crime. I envy you having someone to eat lunch with that's dieting with you. That has to help.

Nancy, I even lose emails sometimes before I send them. Sometimes I think these puters are teasing us. We have a good friend in Montana who did the mini meal plan. He lost about 50 pounds and is looking great. I'm glad this is working for you, too.

Pam, most of the exercise I do is yardwork related. I need to be out there now but here I sit on the recliner with the laptop. Am I lazy?

Rhonda, I appreciate all your work you did and am glad you're getting some rest. You'll be back in the gym in no time at all. I'm guessing you're back to your normal self today. When we compete in an archery tournament, we always follow up with at least one recovery day. After that, we're ready go run and play again.

Vickie, how are things in your part of cyberspace? Have you heard anything from Angela? Froufie?

Maryann, hope you're enjoying your day and not aching.

Got to go. I'm heading outside for a bit. Wind's out of the north, so I prob won't be out there very long. Have a good day, everyone.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #26  

Rainy damp day here so DH and I are headed out to see
a matinée of Secretariat .
Our pastor was joking about someone complaining that the movie was too
predictable...what are they supposed to do, change history ?? LOL
Old 11-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #27  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nancy, this is my favorite bar in the whole world. I've been eating it almost every night for a long time.

http://zoneperfect.com/products/Zone...uble-Chocolate
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #28  

Nancy, a race sounds good to me! Maybe both of us will get there and stay there! I love the zone perfect bars, too! If you have not tried them, you should. They are a great evening treat with coffee.

Vickie, good to see you here. Are you and Jim okay? I hope all is well with the two of you!

GTG. I'm still at school and DS is picking me up 'cause DH is working on his truck, so he took my car today. Have a great afternoon, y'all!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #29  

If you haven't seen the movie Secretariat , I highly recommend it.

To me it was so much more than a horse movie.

Inspiring !!!!

Thanks for the Zone Bar recommendations . I will try them.

Last edited by nancy237; 11-04-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #30  

Hey Vickie and Nancy! We're here at the same time. How're y'all doin'?