Weekly Chat: September 6-September 12

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Rhonda, I'm so impressed with your being in the intermediate class. What a fun way to burn calories!

Maryann, your weekend sounds amazing. Enjoy yourself. I can eat like a man, too. And that's why I gained weight as well.

JoJo, night night.
  • Jojo: I LOVE Poirot and have a set of DVD's also. For those of you who haven't seen this program, watch it if you like murder mysteries at all.

Todd just about killed me again; what can I say? The last two Fridays I have become nauseous during the workout. But, I love being told to drink chocolate milk

Sandra, I was just so happy that it came back almost like all the years hadn't passed. My knees were creakier, my balance needs improvement but my timing and rhythm (did I spell that right?) were still good. I love the percussion of tap, and it's the closest I'll get to being a drummer in a rock band!

Have a good night everyone. I'm cleaning house for a party I'm hosting for a local political candidate tomorrow night. I'll be up early in the morning going to the local market to register voters also.

Rhonda
  • Rhonda, you're having so much fun. Makes me smile.
  • Hey chickies! Did you know that September is "National Preparedness Month"?
    How many of you have at least a 3 day supply of food, water, and meds stored at your house? Being prepared is something that I have had on my mind, for some weird reason, for the last couple of years. I have finally gotten supplies of water and food started, and today, I made arrangements to get some insulin stored ahead for DH. Just something to think about

I made a mistake and weighed today. I cannot understand how I could have gained two pounds by staying op for a week. I'm relatively sure that it is fluid, but it is still frustrating. I downloaded a calorie counting ap for my iPod touch, so I'm going to follow in y'all's footsteps and count calories for awhile. I will have to do some figuring on the calorie count of the food I cooked ahead, but I can do it. Do any of you that have had the menopause fairy visit you have ups and downs with water weight?

Rhonda, your involvement with local politics is awesome. Is there a run in your future?

Jojo, sorry about your pipe. My DS and I were just having a conversation about the perplexing focus of our government today, and you seem to be having the same issues. It's really crazy that water splashes into your window, wow!!

Maryann, your good weather sounds awesome. Enjoy!

Sandra, I'm with you, TGIF

Hey to the rest of you chickies! TTFN
  • Sloan, you're right about the 2 pounds. It's bound to be fluid. Counting calories is a good thing. That should help, too.
  • Well done Rhonda, going straight in to intermediate.What a great way to lose weight. My mum ( ever the optomist) sent me to ballet classes when I was a wee one. It didn't take long for the teacher to give her her money back and tell her to stop flogging a dead horse We have all the Poirot DVD's Tejas... about 24 I think, and as the later ones they did (Cat Among the Pigeons, Mrs MacGinty's dead etc) are released on DVD we get them through play.com. We have all the Joan Hickson Marples as well

No weight ,loss at all for me this week. I'm not that concerned, it isn't a race and I will lose all the more next week. I wasn't the only one not to lose so it must be our bodies settling down. We had all lost more centimetres though.
  • Good Morning Ladies

Today is a very sad day in America,please pray or take a moment of silence for all who died on this tragic day. My town is having a special even for those of 9/11 but as we speech my garden is here weeding and trimming my hedges,other wise I'd be down at the greens where they're going to lower the flag and play taps. The firemen and police are going to present wreaths & speak for there comrades that died in that explosion of the trade center towers 9 years ago.I'm typing with sadness & heavy heart as we known a firefighter who lost his life,having the opportunity to escape but he rather stay with the people that were trapped.

Would you believe all the tomatoes I getting now, that I can't keep up with them. So I found an web site where you can freeze fresh tomatoes and make homemade tomato sauce in the winter. I have one quart zip loc bag filled with tomatoes and I think I will be doing another batch some time next week.

Had a wonderful time at MV. We were going to the PB Club first but we found out the movie that a glitch in it and it wasn't going to be shown this week so we headed for the steamship instead and got over to MV and had our lunch /dinner around 3 PM. We had a beautiful day ,this afternoon I going to meet my friend for Pizza as the movies playing in our theaters are "R" rated. Tomorrow I going a mini cruise down Cape Cod Canel to see the sun set for the Right To Life in our church. Have to be there at the pier at 4 PM when the boat leaves until 7 PM.

SANDRA-When my friend & I go out we always have a wonderful time,the weather & temps are perfect this time of year. Lots of foliage tour buses are here but with the dry summer we had the tress are not turning like they used to.

SLOAN-Thanks,after the hot summer when had it s about time we can still enjoy the things we would have loved to do in the summer months.

Have to go,as my gardener is just about finished and I have to get the check ready for him.
  • We have memorial services over here too Beachbum, over 60 Brits were killed on that horrible day and many of us have also lost loved ones and close friends in the IRA bombings, which lasted for many years. So our thoughts are with you

Send me some tomatoes via cyberspace would you I lost all mine this year, the dog ate them before they developed from the flower stage!

Have a good one everyone. This evening promises to be hot and humid with rain. Never mind, Strictly Come Dancing (your Dancing with the Stars) starts this evening and its always a firm favourite of mine.
  • Yes, it is a day of mourning in many countries. It happened on US soil but many citizens of many other countries were killed or affected somehow.

I did my bit for making a better world by registering voters. I almost don't care how they vote, just get out there and vote.

I'm also hosting a party tonight for my local candidate for congress so I have to at least vacuum the carpets. But, I need a nap I was late going to sleep and woke up at 5 AM.

I have not eaten enough today nor have I drunk enough water. I will fix that right now. I won't be doing any exercise except running in circles!

Jojo, we watched Lord Edgewater Dies last night. I have only two of the Joan Hickson DVDs. Must get more!

Rhonda
  • JoJo, congratulations on losing centimeters. I'll bet your clothes are fitting better, aren't they? Mine are and I'm thrilled!!

Maryann, I'll bet your area is beautiful. Have fun tomorrow--and tell us all about it.

I'm not making the Fried You know whats Monday afterall. I had forgotten that I'll be leaving for my meeting before Curtis leaves for his. We'll send an eaier dish for the guys.

I'm OP.
  • Hey chickies! I've had a productive day. I started with our leaders' meeting for my Bible study group at 7:30 this morning. Since then I have been to the grocery, done a little cooking, and washed three loads of clothes. I also did a little painting on a picture I'm doing for my neice. I've been counting the calories today, and so far, so good. I'm having a glass of wine right now, so I hope I can stay at 1200 cals.

Jojo, I roasted a butternut squash today. It is delicious!! I rubbed it with some olive oil then sprinkled on a little cinnamon, black pepper, and salt. De-lish!! Thanks for the advice.

Rhonda, running for a state or national office? Hope your dinner goes well!

Sandra, I'm so happy for your weight loss! I know you are happy, too

Maryann, thanks for reminding everyone about 9/11. I did stop and say a prayer this morning for all of those brave rescue workers/firefighters and their families in addition to all of those who lost their lives in the tragedy.

Hey to the rest of you chickies! TTFN
  • Sloanie, the candidate for our US congressional district. It was a good party and I'm grateful that it's over! I never got a nap today. My eating was really off. We went to an antique car show on the county squard and I had a real hambuger. I didn't eat much tonight, but I did have a Margarita (or two).

Anyway, it's all right. My biggest problem right now is fatigue so I'm headed to bed.

Good night,
    Rhonda
  • Tejas It's well worth getting the complete Poirot and Marple collections, hours of enjoyment. There's nothing cosier than, on a wet winter's night putting an 'Agatha' on.
    It was interesting, what you said about voting. My granny was a suffragette. Not a famous one, or particularly brave, but she marched with her banner to get the right to vote. She would have wondered if it was worth it if she could see the pure apathy in the UK today. The one's who don't bother to vote are the ones who moan the most.

Sloanie Glad you enjoyed it. In the winter, Mark takes the rind off for me (I'm not allowed near very sharp knives since the year I almost cut my thumb off carving a face on a pumpkin) I cut the flesh into chunky cubes and pop them in when I'm making home made vegetable soup. They make it taste lovely and creamy not to mention a nice colour.

A beautiful warm sunny Sunday here and I am just going to peg out my washing when I have finished this. I shall feel my welsh grandpa standing behind me DISGUSTED and ashamed of me, that I am washing on a Sunday. Grandpa kept Sunday's as a day of rest and housework was a no-no.
  • Mornin' chickies. I stayed around 1200 calories yesterday even with the glass of wine that I had. Not bad. DH was sick during the night, so he is still in the bed. I have done my Bible study, and now I have a million things to do.

Jojo, my grandmother would be shaking her head at me, too. She would cook on Sunday, but housework had to wait. I ended up eating an entire squash before the day was over, yesterday. I plan to get more. I love sweet potatoes, but they don't love me, and the Butternut might just be a good replacement for them. I even saw a recipe for oven fries made with them. I'll let you know if I try that.

Have a wonderful day, y'all!
  • I'm alive Chicks! Just stopped by to tell you I'm ok. I fell down a couple of steps the other day and it hurts to sit at the computer. That and I went to sit with my Sister who has sciatica again while her husband is at the hospital with his 92 year old mother. Lordy.

I'll be back as soon as I can. Love to you all.