3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat: September 6-September 12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/211811-weekly-chat-september-6-september-12-a.html)

Tejas 09-09-2010 12:00 AM

I didn't read your post correctly, Sandra. I didn't see "unposted." I was really, really aggravated by those who made you feel you should take it off. They need to get a life.

I have read a lot of the threads on 3FC. People discuss all kinds of things that I would NEVER put out in public, yet some think an obvious joke recipe is offensive?!

Gee, I guess we better not talk about hot dogs either.

nancy237 09-09-2010 12:35 AM

Sandra..I am so sorry you got negative posts about your recipe...

I'd tell them that the spices in it were core..whats the problem :lol:

I looked at it and thought it was clever and was going to print it...

I am glad our group is mainly focused on building each other up...
I love our group !!!

jojo23 09-09-2010 03:08 AM

Morning All.

Tejas How is the tap dancing going? A couple of years ago, my friend and I joined a line dancing class. It was the best laugh we have ever had. No one dressed up in costume, it was just bunch of folk having fun. I had to give up when my husband was in hospital and really must start again.

Sandra Some people really need to get a life! I have a joke Christmas cake recipe that I posted elsewhere a while back and the result was I had to take it off because of all the adverse comments. There are sad folk around who cannot relate to people face to face and the only relationships they have are in cyber space. Rise above it, rise above it!

I had a bad evening last night... grazed my way through Midsommer Murders and into the news at 10pm.

I go to my diet group at our doctors surgery this afternoon, it is the relaxation and motivation session so I'll pay great attention because I feel a bit of a failure.

Have a good day everyone, sorry if I missed a few people out. I can't tell you how much enjoyment I get from your posts

sloanie 09-09-2010 06:41 AM

I guess I have not been here enough 'cause I missed the negative posts about Sandra's recipe. I realize this is a public board, and people can read anything that we post, but making negative comments on a board where you don't usually post seems a little much to me. If the "negative posters" had a problem with Sandra's post, they should have asked a question instead of being snotty!!! I agree with Nancy. I'm glad we are more about lifting each other up than we are about "following the rules" of specific diet guidelines.

That said, I would like to report that I am still op. I think having my food ready has really helped. I hope to get some more cooking done over the weekend.

Jojo, thanks for the directions for the butternut squash. I may try some!

Rhonda, tap dancing sounds like fun. I danced all through school and even had my teaching certification. I have not danced since college, though. I would think that tap dancing would be classified as aerobic exercise. Tap on, sistah!!

Nancy, isn't it hard to find an eating plan that you can be happy with? I seem to try several things before I get settled. I know you will get motivated soon. Just do what feels right.

Hey Vickie and Maryann :D

Have a great day, y'all!!

Tejas 09-09-2010 03:55 PM

Ok, everyone...dinner at my house this Saturday night. Fried Frito Pie is the featured item. BYOB. :rofl:

I'm having such a busy day trying to have an impact at the political level. I was born with this in my veins I think.

I haven't heard for sure about the tap class. I studied dance from the age of 6 into my 20's and even had my own class teaching acrobatics in high school to little kids (under supervision, of course). If they don't have enough people at the Center maybe I'll find another place.

SO, keep up the struggle Chickies. We are all about lifting one another UP. I can feel a carb attack coming so I'm going to drink a lot of water.

BBL

ontarget 09-09-2010 06:56 PM

Hi there, Chickies. Sorry I was missing all day. I got on here this morning just long enough to post one reply on the recipe thread before I had to leave for school. I got home a few minutes ago and got here as soon as I could. I want all of you to know I value your friendship and support. And I'm really all right about the recipe post. It was a big reminder to me that we're not the only ones here. And guess what! I'm seeing some new folks posting over there. That makes me feel really good. Maybe they'll join us on the weekly thread.

Rhonda, you probably read my post correctly. The one I started with "Okey dokey" first said "posted." Last night before I got off the computer I saw the negative replies and decided to remove the recipe. Then I edited my original "Okey dokey" post here. That said, I should have deleted "Okey dokey" from my original post when I was making the changes. I know that looked weird. But--I was in a hurry to get off here and get to bed cuz of subbing today.

Nancy, what kind of job are you wanting? Have you considered something part time--like substitute teaching? Just wondering.

JoJo, what kind of diet group are you attending? I hear you on nighttime grazing. I'm trying to graze mainly on fresh fruit. Sometimes I have some cheese or nuts, but mostly I'm snacking on fruit.

Sloan, I thought of you today. I carried a WW TV dinner and some fresh fruit to school for lunch. I was thinking of your homemade frozen meals knowing they had to be better.

:listen: (If anyone wants the infamous recipe, send me a PM.) I am making it for the men's church group Monday. My thinking on it was that it's such a novelty down here right now what with being on the news and all, the guys would get a kick out of it. I may eat 1 but definitely not more than 2.

But that's not my big news. I have something I want to share with you. No, I'm not pregnant. What I am is 16 pounds lighter than I was first of summer. I have been going to Overeaters Anonymous, gotten a sponsor (I dearly LOVE her!!!) and have been abstinant (sp?) from sugar (desserts) for 93 days.

I am very proud of this. I have gone from 200 to 184 just basically giving up sweets. I am eating "almost CORE", too. These 93 days include a trip that lasted over a week, Curtis' operation, hospital stay, and recovery period (which is still going on), and extreme backaches that resulted in 2 spinal injections---and I can't remember what other "LIFE" events but know there have been more.

I was hesitant to tell you all sooner because I wanted to see if I could be successful first. You know I've tried a cazillion different ways to lose weight--including CORE only to lose up to around 9 pounds then yo-yo'ing right back up to 200. I haven't stuck to anything for long--until this.

I weigh less now than I have since before we moved to Texas in 2007. I feel better in my clothes. I look forward to getting dressed. I have more energy. And--I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal.

I allow myself something decadent every now and then becaus "that's life"--that is-- if it's not sugar--and I'm also consciously working on stopping eating when I'm satisfied. COE (compulsive overeating), hopefully, is now under control. It's not eliminated--just controlled.

I told my sponsor I knew I could be eating sugar free desserts but that would be taking the place of fruit which has more value per calorie. I may make a sugar-free dessert during the holidays and other special occasions, but from now on--desserts are treats.

"And that's all I know about that." and "Life is just a box of chocolates." etc............

I'll be back later.

sloanie 09-09-2010 07:22 PM

Sandra
:carrot: :bravo: :cp: :cb: :hat: :dance: :flow2: :dancer: :goodvibes :high: :twirly: :cheer3: :cheer2: :cheer3: :congrat: :cheers: :broc: :cheer: :yay:

ontarget 09-09-2010 07:35 PM

Thank you, Sloan! What a wonderful post!!! I'm all smiles. Now let's all go to Rhonda's. I'm thinking BYOB should include buckets.

Rhonda, what time did you say? I just had a thought. Maybe sometime we could all get together at the same time via the board.

Tejas 09-09-2010 11:18 PM

Ditto to Sloan's post Sandra. I'm really happy for you and know that you must be really proud of yourself and delighted. :dance:

What time on Saturday? Whenever you all get here!

Rhonda

jojo23 09-10-2010 03:30 AM

[QUOTE=Tejas;3473935]Ok, everyone...dinner at my house this Saturday night. Fried Frito Pie is the featured item. BYOB. :rofl:

If I can find a frit I shall be serving up fried frito too this side of the pond!
I hear you on the political level Tejas. We are having trouble on a local level. A drain outside our house has been blocked for 4 years. For four years we have been ringing the council and nothing has been done.
The drain has now collapsed and the road floods so much , cars hit the flood and send up a spray which goes right through a downstairs window. This is the routine: An engineer comes, he orders a probe, the workmen come... ( 'Hello again love, hasn't this been fixed yet?') The first man comes back tells us the drain has collapsed and repair is a high priority, goes away does nothing the road once again floods and off we go again!
Our council representative is tearing out her hair. My husband has now contacted the local newspapers, TV and radio stations who, next time it floods, will come and do a piece on it with pictures and film footage. We have now been told that repairs will cost £10,000 and there is no money to do them. The Chief Exec. of our city council ( and no one knows exactly what he does) has a salary, more than a consultant neuro surgeon!

Re diet group We have a new young doctor at our surgery Sandra who has a mum who has tried to lose weight for 45 of her 60 years. This doctor has set up a group. We meet once a week and have a weigh in and a session when we talk about our efforts. She gives us relaxation therapy, exercise programs tailored to individual group members, and generally makes us feel good about ourselves. We also work with the practice dietician and our aim is to lose 1-2lbs a week. If don’t, well what the hey? It is more a life style change than a diet. My husband belongs to the post coronary group and luckily, both meet on the same day and we often join up for the exercise classes.
This is just what I need. I’ve got control of my weight now. In the past I’ve done these Spartan ‘lose 15lbs a week’ diets, and yes they have worked but are unsustainable and I’ve piled the weight back on.

jojo23 09-10-2010 07:03 AM

I forgot to say

GO SANDRA GO!

:balloons::woo::broc::cheer: CONGRATULATIONS:carrot::bravo::cp::cb::dance::danc e:

ontarget 09-10-2010 08:10 AM

JoJo, your group sounds really beneficial. You're right It's all about changing our lifestyles. And thank you again for your support.

Rhonda, you sound very happy. I am so glad you've adjusted so well to retirement. (I knew you would.)

I'm off here now to head to school. This is Day 3 this week for me and I'm thinking TGIF. I'm scheduled for 3 days next week, too. I'm enjoying getting students. Life is good.

beach bum 09-10-2010 09:27 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Temp are down in the 60's and does it feel comfortable. Well today is the PB club and than after that my friend & I are going over t MV for the day.Last ferry & bus is around 7 PM.Going to take a wind beaker just in case it being cool on the boat. This Sunday I'm going boating again sort of cruise going down the Cape Cod Canel to see the sun set.Yes I'll bring my camera,but I hoping that I don't do my famous cutting off heads and scenes act,as I'm not a good photographer like Leo was.

This morning I still waiting for the gardener to call me,so I can tell him what I want done in my front garden. Some how I didn't here from him yesterday and he suppose to do the job on Saturday morning.Wish I could do the gardening myself but with my should arm & had I don't dare,as I don't want to start that pain again.

Quote:

Maryann, I'm glad you're interested in the recipe. I was hesitant to post it here because of its decadence. If anyone else would like it, I'll PM it to you. I am thinking I might make it for a church social. Curtis goes to Men's Discipleship twice a month. I really think it's a roosterfest with hens furnishing the chickenfeed. I think the guys would like this. I know it's something I couldn't have much of around the house.
SANDRAOh I always interested in different types of recipes.even if the are not healthy I try turn them around to make them healthier,that the fun in cooking.So you think its a guy thing more that a woman.Ill surprise you that I eat like a man[once I ate a whole rack of ribs in one sitting] my SIL was impressed,but my body didn't think so that why I'm so fat.

BIG CONGRATS:high: ON YOUR ACHIEVING SUCH A GREAT WEIGHT LOSS I VERY PROUD OF YOU:high:

Quote:

I signed up for tap dancing classes at the Senior Center, but no one else has. They say that the classes are usually full. I hope the class happens; I used to love tap dancing. Move over Ginger Rogers!
RHONDA-I'm going to take a Yoga or Tai Gi at my Senior center also once my bible study is,over. they held at the same time. Doctor things tha would loosen my shoulder/neck area.

SLOANE-Sorry I was MIA yesterday Had lots to do and I don;t have a chance to go on the computer yesterday.

JOJO-You're amazing,and I'm proud of you for being able to control you weight. Wish we had a group like yours to lose.We had one at the hospital but it disappeared. the only thing we have it WW and sadly i didn't work for me.32 weeks of trying leader put me on flex for 16 weeks and than the core at the next and both didn't work for me.

Have to go, going to my PB club and than to MV on the ferry for the rest of the day

Tejas 09-10-2010 12:51 PM

tap dancing class was a blast. I went straight into the intermediate class and did just fine :dance:

I made a good high protein shake today:

1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup pastuerized egg white
1 large peach

Blend and enjoy.

jojo23 09-10-2010 05:09 PM

Good night all

On my way to a hot bath and then bed with a Poirot DVD. Suddenly remembered I had forgotten to look up printer deals at PC World! and couldn't pass the site without dropping in. Night night everyone