Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: August 16- August 22

New Pages!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning:

I'm up with the chickens but I've been asleep since about 7:30PM last night. I'm coming down with a cold and don't feel so great. DH and I both have it and I assume it is from the plane travel last Tuesday. I've taken some Actifed and I hope it helps. I had great plans to go to a new exercise class this morning. If I'm awake and feel like it I'll go and spread the virus to someone else!

Yesterday was quite busy with family stuff but I did manage to keep my calories in check. I hope you all have a great day, finding moments of peace and joy throughout the day.

Rhonda
Old 08-16-2010, 05:50 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, sorry I missed you. I've been up since 3:00. My hiatel hernia is killing me. 4 days of hauling my fat butt up out of the pool. Sigh. It's always something.

Good Morning to the rest of you Chicks! I hope you are all in dreamland. I'll be going to JC this morning. Hope I can stay awake to drive. Brodie gets his cone off this morning. I'm excited for that anyway!

Nancy, I feel so sorry for you but I know that you need to focus on you and your husband now since you two are the future. I love being with my Husband. I told him yesterday that I still think he's funny. He said he loves to hear my laugh. You just need to connect and figure out what is fun for you and Robin to do together. What did you used to do when you were dating? Maybe you could surprise him with a date!

Sandra, how's it going?

Mary Ann, I hope you slept. I couldn't!

Off to play Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like we are going to get some rain sometime today,its an overcast cloudy day,but very muggy outdoors so I have my living-room A/C going.

My friend Mary and & had a quite type of brunch yesterday.My other two friends from the choir didn't make it one had company coming for the road race and the other fell and was immobilized. Going to call to see if I can be any service to her.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages.Sorry your and you DH came down with a cold.I have be fortunate I haven't caught anything yet,even when my DGC were here.I guess I have enough things going on without having other germs.

VICKIE-Sorry that you didn't slept well last night, I hate that with it happens to me.I slept good until the room started to get muggy and had to turn the A/C on for the rest of the night.Good luck at Jenny Craig My new W-I day is Saturday,lost 5 lbs. since my DD & DGC were here 2 weeks ago[see siggy]just can't get out of the 170's.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #5  

Maryann, congrats on the weight loss. That's great, and you'll get out of the 170's..it will happen.

I have 2 more pounds on me than I did when I went to Toronto. That's not too bad. I didn't feel like going to the gym this morning. In fact, I slept until almost 9AM. I'll go when I see Todd this afternoon. A light workout will be better than none at all.

BBL
Rhonda
Old 08-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Got to move my ticker downward today! .6 down for a total of 51.6. Bit by bit, inch by inch.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Vickie and Maryann, congratulations on your losses.

Vickie and Rhonda, are you girls feeling better now? I hope so.

Curtis got his staples out this AM and is going to PT in a few minutes. He's still keeping me busy, but that's all right. He's improving daily.

I'm OP.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Sorry some of you chicks are under the weather! I hope you are all on your way to recovery

I'm off and runnin' on another busy week. I'm still getting in the swing of school, and my house is really messy! I'm not gonna worry about it 'cause no one else does. My eating is all over the place. I really need to get control! I'm cooking a core supper right now, so that's a start.

I've got to get busy! I'll try to check in later.

Oh yea, congrats to the losers!!!!

Last edited by sloanie; 08-16-2010 at 06:20 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I can tell by your post you're running in circles. I hope your circles get smaller soon.

Curtis had a good PT session. Afterwards, I made us chef salads. Talk about scrumptious! We had some fresh avocado with them. Life is good.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #10  

Hi All:

I saw Todd this afternoon and worked hard, especially considering that I really don't feel well. I didn't eat much today, but got in my protein shake before the workout and chocolate milk (yummy) afterwards.

Glad to hear that Curtis is progressing.

Sloan, good luck. My house is a mess too, and I don't have any good reasons for that!

I'm going to turn in early. After all, I got only 11 hours sleep last night !

Rhonda
Old 08-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

We didn't get the rain until way after midnight and right after the lightening & thunder boomers appeared it went back to hot sticky muggy weather.

Was supposed to go out for a walk with my friend Alice this afternoon if the humidity goes down,but I think I will be going on my bike instead in my nice comfortable A/C room while watching a computer DVD movies like I did yesterday.

RHONDA-Thanks, that was a surprising whoosh I couldn't believe the first week 3 and the second we another 2. Hope it continues that way. You're doing so great with your exercise trainer.

SANDRA-Thanks for your congrats,Hope that I can live up to not going back into the 170's again,we'll see what Saturday W-I holds. Your salad does sound scrumptious. I Have an abundance of tomatoes in my mini garden and I have made tomato salad either with onion with a vinegar oil base or with fresh herbs and mozzarella cheese. The possibility are endless. I also made a good cucumber sale with the same base.

SLOANE-My house was a mess ever since the hot humid was arrived.I was lucky I go the downstairs done when my DD visited ,but my upstairs has to be done soon or I'll have creatures taking over. Getting tired of counting calories so I think I will let WW count for me and go back on the flex plan for a while anyway.

Have to go,my dinner is ready have a nice day
Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I have been hungry today and ate a little too much. Life goes on.

Maryann, sometimes I think I'll never see the 170's either, but I'm on the wrong end of that.

Ya'll have a good evening. I'll be back later.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #13  

My eating has been OK, but not great. I went to aquafit and am now taking Kyra out for a walk. I've been sleepy all day long!

I hope you're all more awake than I am.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:43 AM   #14  

tough day..
I guess it is really hitting me that after 20 years I have
2 more days before my nest is empty.

I can't decide about going somewhere after we take my son to college.
I thought I would want to but I don't know where.
Coming home and seeing his empty room is going to be so sad.
I never thought I would miss his very messy room.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #15  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another day of humidity after a beautiful breeze we had down at the beach yesterday afternoon. Last night while I had my windows opened that breeze with all its clammiest came though that my new fire alarms were beeping again, Closed the windows and the A/C is on again. WHAT A SUMMER!!!! Did the world go upside down,and the north is getting the heat????? and wheres the rain,my poor veggies and bushes are desperately looking for some.

SANDRA-I over eat when the temps & humidity is high. More are less pick on foods my bad time is evening.I was in the refrig several times last night.but I must stop or I'll never get out of the 170's.

RHONDA-I think what happening to you and all of us is the Lazy Crazy Days Of Summer.Once it gets cooler we'll be back to normal again when it comes to eating.

NANCY- & more to you during this time,I remember all so well when my last child enlisted in the NAVY and the house was quite and we felt so last without him. He'll be back for the holidays,as for going away,on vacation you still have to go back home, you're just avoiding the reality of it all. At least I find that for myself,going away to family just brings the house emptier when I return.

Have a great morning,have to get the garbage out to the curb