Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: July 26- August 2

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning:

Well, still stuck with my weight going back and forth between 176-179. Tired of this.

But, last night was wonderful. There were 8 women, 3 kayaks and various floating devices, refreshments and lots of laughter. I've never been in a kayak but people were generous and I took 2 of the kayaks out onto the lake. I tipped over once, but warm Texas lake water is not too tough to take. The sunset and moon rise were spectacular. There were lots of clouds as the moon was rising, but they dissipated and the moon was just glorious. I didn't get home until 11:30.

The women were very nice; most of them were artists of one type or another...painters, potters, etc.

This morning the doggie goes to the vet to get a growth on her eyelid removed. The vet says it won't be too traumatic for her, and it is causing eye infections.

I hope you all have a great OP day.

Rhonda
Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to meet with Jenny. My scale is not giving me good news this morning but we shall see. I feel all TOM bloated. Ugh.

BBL.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #4  

Rhonda..that sounds so adventuresome and cool, I never saw myself kayaking either but I found it is so peaceful to be out in the water in one...could you get back in the kayak when you tipped it over??I have trouble with that..
I wish you lived near me because I need friends to kayak with.

Vickie..my scales are not good today either...I ate very salty yesterday,
so I think that is most of the problem.

I have a long list I am about to start on. Errands first.

Last edited by nancy237; 07-26-2010 at 11:37 AM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #5  

Topic this week (if you care to share)
Favorite childhood holiday tradition/memory

I loved the way that we piled the wrapping paper when we opened Christmas gifts until it was covering the whole floor. When we got done opening
gifts dad & I would burn the paper and make all the neat colors in the fireplace.
Everyone watched until the fire-paper show was over !!

When I got married my husband tried to collect each piece of wrapping paper as we opened and I hated that...Robin knows I love the pile of wrapping paper!!!

My other favorite was going in the car to look at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve in our PJ's...
Old 07-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

FINALLY,finally, the humidity is broken and I have the window & doors opened to get that cool air whirling around my home. I just couldn't stand it anymore.I had a problem with my smoke detectors last night while sleeping I thought I had a fire,but when I checked it was only the detectors going off with this high humidity we were having. At Least that what the man at the fire dept told me.Slept downstairs in the living room with the a/c going on full blast to get the air to cool down and with that the detector were quite again. Today I'm going to have a handy man check it out for me.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,Sorry about your weight fluctuating from # to # I'm having the same problem, but I blaming the humidity that we had all month long.Glad you had a wonderful time with the ladies,never done Kayaking even thought its very popular in these part of the woods,I not a water person other than swimming here and there.

VICKIE-Good luck at Jenny's I maintained this week,and now the water bloating is finally gone also. Hope,we won't see or feel this weather for a long time.My DGS jumped on my scale several time and got it out of whack,but TG Its now working again. Going to keep a watch on him when my DD &n family are coming up next week.

NANCY-That's what I doing ,have to work from a list to keep me from forgetting anything, very forgetful lately.

Have a wonderful day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #7  

Maryann..
That is concerning about your smoke detectors...
Are they Carbon Monoxide detectors also...If so
get a new one or something because you cannot tell when
that is in your house. I almost died from that in college.
Maybe a new smoke detector for $ 20 that will not go off from humidity..

Just want you to be safe !!!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #8  

Nancy, I have to think about those childhood memories and will do so. I know that I really enjoyed family dinners.
And, finding where my parents hid the Christmas presents was fun!

I didn't have trouble getting back in the kayak. I wasn't far from the shore, so I paddled over to where I could stand up. I do have a very sore right thumb tonight so I must have done something to it then. But, it was worth it!

I went to aquafit and the plan is to go to spinning class in the morning.

The doggie is back home, really zonked out. No walk tonight

'night all.

Last edited by Tejas; 07-26-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chick! Jenny says I gained .2 yesterday but I don't think so. I feel so bloated and crampy. Please NO TOM. I SO wish to be done.

Doctors appointment this morning, errands, and then I hope to get into the pool. Brodie's foot seems better. I'm still trying to get him to take it easy. Good luck to me!

Hope you are all well. Tonight I'm cooking my Meat Sauce and I'm adding mushrooms to hide the fact that I'm cutting back on the meat. We will love it, I'm sure.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going to attempt to get down to the beach this morning to try to get my walking done.Than to pick up my meds and get bathroom cleaner,as my DD is suppose to visit with me next week.

NANCY-Getting 4 new smoke detectors in this morning and one carbon monoxide detector for the basement.that will be put in some time this morning. I have two of them[life alert] one up stairs on the second floor and one in my living room right next to the basement door.

RHONDA-Glad that you didn't have a serous in jury while kayaking.Your brave I won't get into one of those.

VICKIE-Sorry the scale didn't co-operate with what you wanted to see,but .2 is a maintain to me,especially with this humid weather we are having.

Have to go, have a wonderful day
Old 07-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Hi, Chickies. We're home and are doing catch up chores. I'm sticking to my plan of weighing after 30 days and still have about 13 or so, so maybe I will have shed trip weight. (Hope I'm not trying to fool myself.)

Rhonda, your evening sounds like fun. Your going to aquafit reminds me of when I did water aerobics in Montana. Sometimes I miss it but not enough to keep searching for a class down here. I just didn't like the one at our fitness club--too crowded.

Vickie, .2 isn't bad. TOM is probably your culprit. I'm glad Brodie's getting better.

Maryann, I'm glad your humidity has gotten lower. We're wanting to open our windows, too, but so far it's too hot.

Nancy, thank you for the topic.

I was thinking of writing about Christmas but decided to focus on Halloween. I grew up in a small town (810 on the census back then) where almost everyone shared in the festivities. We would usually make our costume instead of buying them. I remember one time putting a paste Mother made using cocoa on me to darken my skin. There were special homes in town that offered outstanding treats. One of them was my maternal grandmother. She would make popcorn balls along with other goodies that she gave out along with store bought candies. There was another family who had you walk in their front door, go through their house to the kitchen where they made you chilli dogs, then you left through their backdoor. I've never seen anyone else do Halloween treats this way.

So, can you tell my memories revolve mostly around food?

I went trick or treating till I was in high school. Lots of fun memories.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, I have been thinking about favorite traditions/holidays, and I have so many. I decided to tell you about special memories I have of holidays that revolve around my dad. Although my dad was a very busy obstetrician, he never missed a Christmas or Halloween. He may have been asleep on the couch as soon as we saw our "Santa" gifts, but he was there. He also never missed walking us around the neighborhood for trick or treat. Another special memory I have is that he was playing the "tooth fairy" one night after I had gone to bed. I still remember that even though I was awake, I pretended to be asleep so as not to disappoint him. He moved so slowly while putting the money under my pillow! It makes me smile to think about that. All of our holidays/traditions were very, very important to my dad. We joked that we would be excommunicated if we missed a family gathering. I am glad about that now, because his passion for tradition and "gathering" has made us a very close family.

I've got to go to school tonight for a registration activity. I'll try to check in when I get home. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #13  

OK, here it is, the family tradition that I liked the most: Thanksgiving dinner.

I think that is because it always happened; included most of the family and often a guest; food was delicious; weather was almost always good; and, I can remember when I became the cook, not just the helper. All the years I was in Canada, I always came home for Thanksgiving, until my mother had to leave the house to go to a nursing home. And, that year, we had a HUGE family dinner to have the last one in that house. No one has forgotten that particular holiday.

That's it!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #14  

I am loving the holiday memories !!!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #15  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Everything Ok my new smoke detectors are up and now my DD is coming this Sunday instead of Mon.so I have a extra day to spend with her and the kids.

Asked her what foods I should pick up for the kids and she told me that she do the grocery shopping when she comes up.So now I don't have to worry about that. Going to take her& the kids out for dinner and than we can have burgers & hot dogs on the Barbie. The want to go to the lake in the park for swimming so I don't have to worry about the SHARK alert in the sound.

Going for my MRI this afternoon and hope they find the cause of my pain in the neck area.Its going to get humid again,but not until Friday So I have 2 good days to get down to the beach and get my walking done again.

SANDRA-Spoke to soon the humidity from the Midwest is going to hit us this Friday. Don't have the windows to open now that I have 4 a/c in. So I open my front door and my side sliding door to bring in the ventilation into the house.Boy do I remember the good old days when everything out there was commercial. We used to make our own costumes also. My sister was always a bum in my fathers clothes I was a princess from old brides maid dresses that my father used to collect for rags.

SLOANE-You brought a tear to my eyes when remembering your dad. That's the kind of family I had,and feel so sorry for the kids today don't have that closeness with there patents like we did.

RHONDA=Thanks for sharing your story about your mom. Thanksgiving was always my favorite holiday,and that was my mothers also, she love to cook for all her sisters & their families. and the smells from the kitchen were always inviting.

Have to get going and start on today's chores and get read for my M RI.