S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: June 14-June 20

NEW PAGES!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone! A new week, another opportunity to do the right thing.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm hanging in there. Going to see JC today. I'm hoping for a miniscule loss and not a gain.

I hope to be back later.

Nancy, you made me cry. I hope I would do the same. I'm proud to know you.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #4  
beachbum

MOVED MY POST TO THE NEW ONE

Good Morning Ladies

Another Monday and my W-I this morning was a maintain.Realized that my calorie count is below 1000c a couple of days might bring my weight loss to a halt. Going to work on this before next W-I.

NANCY-The Atkins Rev Rolls are very easy to make they are made with eggs, cheese, & seasonings. Hope I can put the recipe on this thread,as its not a WW recipe.
[[3 eggs,separated,1 pkg splenda,dash of salt, pinch of cream of tartar[optional],3 tb cottage cheese OR ricotta cheese]
Preheat oven 300 degrees.separate the eggs,add sweetener,salt,& cheese to the egg yolks. If desired ad cream of tartar to the egg whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff[white don't don't slide when bowl is tilted] Using a spatula gradually add the yolk mixture to the meringue.use some parchment paper on a cookie sheet for easy clean up. Spoon the mixture on cookie sheet to make 6 rolls Bake 300 for 50m. The come out crispy,I put mine in the freezer and use as needed by leaving them out at room temp.]]

They are very tasty more like a sponge cake.

Nancy what a beautiful story God bless you for doing that.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up I don't know how,as I a follower not a leader.

VICKIE-Good Luck at JC.I'm sure you lost.

Last edited by beach bum; 06-14-2010 at 12:01 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:30 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

I lost .2. Not bad with my one day of indulgence.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Vickie, congrats on the loss. Iam happy for you. JC is working for you. That's great.

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages and upbeat start to the new week.

Maryann, congratulations on maintaining. That's a lot better than gaining.

I'm op. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, I spent the day with my mom, sis, and neice. We did some bank business for my mom, ate lunch, then cleaned out one room at her house. We are trying to set a goal of one room a day with a few off here and there. DH took off this week to work around the house, so tomorrow I'm going to stay home with him. I have not been too bad with eating today, so that's good. I'm not going to beat myself up about food, I'm just going to try and steer clear of junk.

Vickie, I hope your worries are resolved soon. Obviously your indulgence did not hurt too much; congrats on the loss. You asked where my mom is going. That's a good question. There is a small house for rent just two houses down the street from me, so we are looking into that. Meanwhile, she has stayed with my sis some, and my DS has stayed with her a few times. Hopefully the house near us will be a good fit for her.

Angela, how awesome for your brother, and congrats to you on the weight loss! You go girl!!

Nancy, you are so sweet! I, too, am glad to know you!

Sandra, congrats on being OP.

Rhonda, I would have loved to see you hop into the pool! Isn't it great to act like a kid every now and then?

Maryann, I'm so happy that you will be spending time with your family. Sounds like you are an awesome grandmother to be planning those fun times for your kiddos.

I'm planning on vegging on the couch tonight. Hope you all have something relaxing planned, too. TTFN

Last edited by sloanie; 06-14-2010 at 07:52 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Went out with my friend to a religious lecture,last night and I didn't get home until 10:30PM and than decided mot to hit the bed an hour later. Hope I will be able to function with all the things I have planned today to do.

Other wise nothing new,Going to walk along the beach,pick up my meds and than bake my rev rolls and than house work all the way thought the day. My sister is coming up the beginning of next week[3-4 days] and is planning to take me to a restaurant for my big 70 birthday,my friends while be there also. Than my family[DD DS DGC] is coming up at the end of that week and will spend 4-5 days with me,so the house has to be company clean. So its going to be a very busy for me,but I can hardly wait,to see them all,haven't seen them since Easter.

VICKIE-Congrats your weight loss,any lose is better than a gain.

SANDRA-Thanks,I hope the whoosh fairy will come my way,have to check my food journal and see what I'm doing wrong.

SLOANE-I know the feeling for cleaning out the rooms.Its hard work and so many memories. Happy to see my family again,and I do have plans for the gang to enjoy. One or them a ride on the fairy to Martha's Vineyard.Another a day trip out to the tip of the Cape,and the other two days what ever they want to do.

Have to go and get my walking done.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #9  
focused and aiming

I'm keeping busy watering. Other than that I'm just keeping cool and staying OP.

Sloan, I hope your mom gets the perfect home for her whether it's the one 2 doors from you or one somewhere else. (I'm really pulling for the one close to you, though. Do I get a vote?)

Maryann, I think we need company coming to get our homes really clean. I know I do.

I'm OP.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's warm and humid here and no sun to speak of. Not good for warming up my pool. I'd love to be able to swim soon. Pretty soon I'm going to be forced to admit that the pool costs us more than it pays us back in fun.

I slept a bit later today which was much needed. Now I'm starving so I'll toddle off to eat some luscious oatmeal and fresh blueberries. I SO love this time of year. I also have some juicy cantaloupe to enjoy later.

Sandra, I'm proud of you for being on program.

Sloan, fingers crossed for your Mom. It would give great piece of mind for you to be able to check on her so easily.

It doesn't feel like a Tuesday. It feels like Monday.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #11  
focused and aiming

Vickie, my days have been messed up lately, too. I'm not sure what today feels like. I'm just sitting here all dressed waiting on a call to go to the title company to sign some papers on land we're buying. I hope you get to enjoy your pool. They are expensive. I had one when I was in my first marriage. We got a lot of good use from it, but it was costly. Curtis and I had a hot tub in Montana but opted not to have one now. Sometimes we miss it but not much.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #12  

Hi All:

Nothing much new to report here really. We're still slogging away with the NS approach, trying to be more cheerful about it.

Sloan, my best wishes go out to you and your family. That's a good question Sandra asked, do we get a vote?! If so, then we all vote for peace for your mom.

On the pool front, we don't have one, but I love the hot tub, even in the summer. DH has had three of them and said he didn't want to be bothered with them again. But, I really enjoyed my neighbor's pool!

I'm doing some volunteer work today and tonight going to a meeting that my niece is organizing to have the by law changed so that people can have chickens in the back yards. No, we won't be having chickens, but she wants them, and I want to support her. What's wrong with a few chickens, I ask?

Rhonda
Old 06-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, my friend has chickens and a donkey. She LOVES them and they are actually quite nice.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, we love hearing roosters. Our neighbor across the road has one that greets the day. I'm glad you're supporting your niece. Let us know how it goes.

I'm op.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! I got some work done at school today. My principal was awesome about my missing inservice hours, and I got some other paper work done. My desk still looks like I left it on the last day that I was there. I could not face it today, though.

I also had a nice surprise today. Before my dad died, I had planned to go with some friends to an art studio called "Sips and Strokes". It is a studio where each participant completes a painting under the direction of an artist (the "sips" part of the name indicates that you are allowed to bring whatever you might like to drink during your session). Since the activity was the day after my dad's funeral, I was not able to go. My friend knew how excited I was to go because the painting was going to be perfect for my new dining room. While they were there, my friend spoke to the artist about me, and she gave me the painting that she created during the instruction. She even had each one of my friends add their strokes to the painting! I was so surprised and touched. I can't wait to hang the painting in my new room!

We went to look at the little house that is close to mine, and what a dump! It looks so cute from the outside, but the inside is very, very run down. It looks like my mom will just live with my sister until she can make solid plans. Meanwhile, I'm still so tired and feel like I am in a fog. DH told me (his dad died a few years ago) that it might be a while before I feel less "foggy". I've got to get off here, but I plan to speak to y'all individually tomorrow. Please forgive my rambling!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote