Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

well, there were people at the meeting who knew what they were doing, so I'm optimistic about the possible change. We won't ask for roosters, but we do think that a few chickens here and there would be a good idea.

I've been a bit lazy the last few weeks on the exercise front, particularly cardio. I need a bit more motivation and will start looking for it tomorrow.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #17  

Sloan, we were posting at the same time. I'm sorry about the house, but what a wonderful story about the painting....fantastic.

You can be sure you'll be in a fog for a while. I think that we Westerners should have better rituals about death. The grievers should wear black arm bands for a month at least to tell the world "be gentle with me." But, be gentle with yourself.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #18  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Last night I got a call from the emergency sheriff office saying that our water supple has e-coli in it. They say to boil the water and buy bottle water for drinking brushing teeth etc until future notice. Its scary as I'm having company coming up here next Monday. Hope every thing will go back to normal soon.

SANDRA-I'm going to take it easy with the cleaning now that we have this thing hanging over us. Its getting hot and muggy,and I will do just a much as I can.

RHONDA-I don't have a pool either but I'm only five mins from the beach so,I really don't need one. Its cost a lot to maintain,don't need that at my age.

SLOAN-Ramble all you want we are here for you not only in weight loss but in every day life also. Sorry about the little house that turned out to be what you didn't expect it to be. I 'm sure you'll find something that will suitable for you and your mom.

Have to go the cable man is here trying to fix my up stair cable TV and I have to go out and get some bottled water.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #19  

Maryann, good luck with the water! At least you got a phone call.

So, this afternoon I'm back at it at the gym. I've been going to aquafit and to work out with Todd, but have not been doing much else and not much cardio at all, as I said above . So, this afternoon, I'm back on track. I'm taking DH out for a light lunch then transforming back into the jockette I am.

I am sitting on my screened-in porch watching the birds. Right now, there's a big Blue Jay on the feeder. Life is just grand.

Last edited by Tejas; 06-16-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Sloan, what a wonderful gesture! You will cherish the painting for sure. I'm sorry the house didn't work out and hope the perfect one pops up soon.

Maryann, that's scarey about the water.

Rhonda, I knew you'd be back in "jockette" form. I am so proud of you. Now enjoy your birdies. I did so this morning while I was outside watering.

Now I'm off for an afternoon at Beaumont Ranch for some pampering at Beau Monde. Life is good.

I'm OP.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Sandra, what is the Beaumont Ranch?
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Sloan, it's a resort ranch that includes a day spa. They have a lot of activities there including reunions, proms, Friday night fish fries, and lots of other fun stuff. It's a neat place.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #23  

Yeah, it's really neat. You can look it up on the internet. I'm envious. DH and I have stayed there twice, and should go back just for more fun.

Today, I did aquafit in the morning and the evening and did weights with Todd. I pulled 100 pounds on a machine that you sit on and pull handles toward your chest. Not bad.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #24  

Had a Dr appt today and was told I need to lose weight...
It was a reality check because I think of it as
just 10 pounds but it is more than that..
Also found out my OB/GYN is retiring...
He has just always been there in my 20's,
through uterine surgeries , delivering my boys,
through menopause...

I was so bummed that I forgot to tell him how much
I have appreciated having such a great doctor..
I am going to write a long thank you and take a good bye gift to him..

I really need to get out of this inactivity/over eating / insomnia rut.
I drink coffee to wake up and use sleeping pills to get to sleep..
When Robin was in the hospital I sorta got out of that cycle and I
felt better with more energy..

I am going to try
Breakfast - egg white omelette
Lunch - protein shake
Dinner stir fry, salad ,seafood or kashi entrée .

Snacks - 100 calories of nuts or yogurt & fruit
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #25  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We still have to boil our water,but not allowed to shower or bath.Going to be some smelly town.Surprised Seriously My friend told me that our water supply is in a park across from me,and the Canadian geese are the problem,is all full of feces,and they the Water Department know this so why didn't they clean the area so it wouldn't be washed in to our water supply when the heavy rains came. Did I hear this on the radio NO!!! Heard some people in our town taken to hospitals for having low amune systems.TG I'm still OK.

RHONDA-One of friends didn't get a phone call,can't understand why they missed her. Have fun at the gym.WOW!! you lifted a 100 lb weights ,that's fantastic,I'm lucky to get 5 lbs dummies to work for me.Gee! I haven't seen a blue jay in ages,I guess they not in our area of the Cape.

SANDRA-Its scary,but I will take precautions.Thinking about investing in a whole home water filter system so when this happens again I will be prepared.

NANCY-did the doctor tell you what weight loss plan he suggested for you to loss. Sorry you're going to lose you GYN doctor. That's what happening up ere doctors are retiring more than come here for there practice.

Have to go get ready for today's chores.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #26  

Nancy, how about another challenge? I, like you, am in a rut. I put on 7 pounds before Christmas, and have not been serious enough to lose it. I really think I've put on a couple more pounds with the ordeal we have just gone through with my dad. If you're interested, we could both weigh in tomorrow morning then see who can lose five pounds first. Maybe the competition will get us going in the right direction.

Sandra, a day spa sounds awesome. Did you enjoy it?

Rhonda, congrats on getting your groove back.

Maryann, sorry about your water. Sounds like you may not ever want to drink water from the faucet again. I'm glad you have stayed well!!

Today, DH and I will be working on the house. We still have to finish the tile backsplash in the kitchen. There are other small projects left to do as well. Not sure what we are doing today, but we have fun being together whatever we are doing. Have a great day, y'all!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #27  

Sloan..good idea.. I was 148 this am but I will weigh in the morning...

Mary Ann...he didn't suggest anything..just that we need less calories as
we age.. so I paid him to tell me I am OLD & FAT lol...
He did say studies show small changes like taking steps verses elevators,
parking farther when shopping have a good lasting effect..
I could walk to get my mail (down a 1/4 mile sloped drive) daily instead of getting it when I drive in... I'll have to think of others. I already go up and down
my stairs 20 times a day...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #28  

I'm willing to bet that if each of could stick to 1200 calories a day, with slight adjustments depending upon size and activity level, each of us would lose weight consistently.

Activity is great from my perspective. I feel better, can move better, have better balance, etc. BUT it's really about calorie control and eating the right calories...as we all know.

Nancy, I read recently that the body gets used to caffeine and coffee drinkers don't even get the kick they think they do. Have you tried 1/2 caf as an approach. I love the coffee and newspaper approach to the morning but almost always drink 1/2 caf. Increased activity does help sleep, that I know for sure.

Maryann, it might be a little misleading to think that I lifted a 100 pound weight. I pulled 100 pounds toward me while seated. That's easier. But, I could lift 100 pounds and did so recently when I picked up two of my great nieces together. My right arm has given me so much trouble though that I have had to go down to 5 pound dumbells for lateral lifts. I just can't lift to the side. But, my arm has vastly improved with therapeutic massage.

I noticed that the Mayo clinic has a new book out about aging. It should be good but I haven't bought it.

I'd be up for a challenge. So far today I've stuck to Nutrisystem but had a protein bar mid morning. I've eaten 830 calories so far today.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #29  

Nancy, I have not weighed for several days, but I will weigh in the morning and let you know the sad news I think the hardest things for me will be night time eating and "adult beverages". The summer is party time around here, so I will definitely have to be careful with the drinks.

Rhonda, I think I will do the 1200 calories. I love to use the SP site to track my calorie count, so I will probably do that. I also plan to do one of the Leslie Sansone walking programs tomorrow as well. I can't stand the thought of going back to school with this extra weight.

DH and I finished putting up the tile today, so grouting is next. Baseboards will be on the adgenda for DH. Hopefully he will get that done before he goes back to work next week. We are about to get on the couch and watch a movie. Hope you all have a great evening!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

Sloan and Nancy, I'll be here cheering you two on. I'm still OP but am not weighing till 30 days are over. I'm hoping for a loss of some kind even though I'm not very active except for doing yardwork and archery.

Maryann, get that water filter. It will give you peace of mind.

I had jury duty today. The trial is now over. And no, we didn't hang anyone.

I'm op.