Old 04-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #46  

Vickie, we probably won't hear any results on my dad's mass until Monday or Tuesday. Miles and I (and family) are doing well. I actually went out for a walk with my mom and her dogs today. I'm pretty tired now! It's been a while since I exercised.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

pooped....we had a great neighborhood party at our house tonight. Believe me, I wasn't even close to Core or 1200 calories today. Yes, Maryann, 1200 is NOT a lot of calories...very tough, but doable. I did spend an hour at the gym today, working out. I hope that helped my transgressions tonight.

Bex, are you joining us, or just cruising? You're welcome to hop on board here.

Sandra, you got a free whine here the other day....just accept it.

Bedtime, Chickies...

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #48  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! We are doing well here. Brodie takes a lot of attention from both of us but we are managing. Tomorrow he is likely to be alone is his crate while we go to JC. It will be the first time and probably traumatic for him. We'll only be gone about 45 minutes. That should be a good test.

Maybe we'll try today for a shorter time. He has some kind of weird parasite that seems to be causing him a wee bit of trouble. Besides that we are all happy and tired.

Rhonda, I'm glad you had a great time. It's ok to have a big calorie day once in a while. I've been really close to my 1500 calories this week. Probably more like 1550. No real exercise unless you count chasing and playing with a puppy.

Let's see if you can see my Facebook link to Brodie's Puppy album.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=360a4520b9
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #49  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a great morning at church and than at brunch with my friends but I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me as I feeling awful.Hopefully I'm not coming down with something.

Nothing new, except for my weight is hovering over 172=172.5 and back to 172 again,Hope it doesn't go up tomorrow at my official W-I. I think I'm doing everything right,drinking my water 80=96 oz and exercising 30-45 m and trying to eat around 1200c. Trying to find out what I'm doing wrong I looked over my past food journals I found that when I was eating more 1400c I was down in the 160's. It it a possibility that I do need more calories.

SANDRA-Thanks,we tried that already and its not working. My friend & I think they are retrieving backward instead of going forward. I met a woman at church this morning that goes to my bereavement group a month after I started and she's on her way to recovery. I really admire her,because its rough the first couple of months but then you try to move on. My friend & I are going out with this Thursday for dinner and see if they got stronger now that they don't have us to lean on day after day. Lets hope so, as I like these woman but not their negativity.

NANCY-So Happy to hear everything went well with Robin's surgery.

RHONDA-I know it doable,as it worked for a couple of weeks for me now I hoovering over a number and I can't get down not matter what I do[portion control,water & exercising]. Going to do down on my carbs, thinking of starting the CORE again.

VICKIE-You have a cute doggy,hope that he doesn't have a parasite in him.I heard people with puppies put a alarm or reg tick tock clock next to the puppy and than he will think its his mothers heartbeat. Just a thought.

Have to go, going to watch the end of the golf game.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, chemo went well for my dad on Friday (thanks to y'all for asking about him). I talked to him today, and he had gone to church with my mom. I'm really happy about how well he's doing, so far. In addition to being with him on Friday and Saturday, I've "rejuvenated" the hard wood floor, painted three large plates to coordinate with some art that I have in the breakfast room, and painted six picture frames black to hang with black and white photos in an grouping for the family room wall. There is still so much to do, but my house is finally looking more like a home again. My eating has been crazy, and my weight is bouncing between 134 and 136. I think the fluctuation has a lot to do with sodium, but my food choices cannot be helping.

Paula, sounds like your mom is doing very well. This might be a good time to approach her about some kind of retirement apartment or something. I'm glad she's getting better.

Angela, sounds like things are going well with you. I'm keeping good thoughts and prayers for the biopsy news.

Rhonda, a neighborhood dinner sounds fun! Did you make the food or was it pot luck?

Sandra, I like the signal you and Curtis use. What a great idea!

Nancy, I was glad to read the good report about Robin's surgery. I'll bet he'll really make big strides when he gets to the rehab center. Are you worn out yet?

Vickie, I looked at Brodie on your facebook link. He is so precious! How much will he weigh when full grown?

Maryann, I have been aiming for 1200 calories of core foods for a couple of weeks. Some days I'm able to stop at 1200 and others I go a little higher. I agree with the quote that was mentioned earlier about planning and how important it is. It always goes better for me when I plan ahead and leave some calories for snacks.

Hey Bex, come by again and let us know how you are doing!

My DH is prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow, so things have quieted down around here. Since tomorrow is my first day back to school after a two week break, I think I take the rest of the evening to rest and get ready for the week. I hope you all have a great Sunday evening!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #51  
Southside White Sox Fan

Mary Ann, it sound like you will come out of your group with at least a couple of good friends. That's awesome!

Sloan, glad to hear your Dad is doing well and actually went out today. Great news!

Brodie will be 19-22 pounds when he is full grown. He was 7.5 at last weigh in.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Vickie, thanks for your kind words about my dad. It sounds like Brodie will be about the size of my DD's pekingese Holly. She is 14 pounds and seems very heavy next to my 5 pound maltipoo, Pippi. Do y'all have a yard for Brodie to play in? He looks like he might be very frisky! I know you are gonna have a great time with him. Does he have a favorite toy?

Last edited by sloanie; 04-18-2010 at 07:22 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #53  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you're a great entertainer. Your neighbors are lucky to have you and Doyle in the neighborhood.

Sloan, that's wonderful news about your dad. And I hadn't realized your spring break was 2 weeks instead of 1. You're lucky.

Vickie, I saw your photos of Brodie. Cute little fella for sure.

Maryann, I agree with Vickie. You've made some new friends. That's good.

Angela, I hope your dad gets good news.

The next couple of weeks will be whirlwinds. I have monthly appoints 2 days this week; a quick visit with a former classmate who now lives in Pennsylvania but is in the area for a few days; training sessions with a lady from Cleburne (and Curtis, of course) for the Senior Games next week; and a trip to Austin. We'll be home one day next week before we go to Texas A&M for the Senior Games. Guess all this will help keep me active. I won't be in the rocker much.

All of you have a wonderful Sunday evening. I'll be back tomorrow to see how things are on your ends of cyberspace.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I took a peek at Brodie...he's a cutie.

Sloan, the dinner was a mixture of potluck and us providing. We bought all the Bar-b-que and the drinks, and I made potato salad. But, people had been very casual about saying what they were bringing (or not) so I actually had everything available. I had to have the family over tonight to eat leftovers!

I didn't go to the gym today, and I didn't exercise. I went to church, napped, did laundry and warmed up leftovers! I'm tired!!!!

I'll get us started in the morning before I go see Todd at 8 AM.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote