Old 03-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning:

Vickie, about the time you were writing, I was in a sleep lab having my sleep monitored.

DH has told me that I've been snoring a lot, so I went to see what is happening. So far, the technician says I do snore, but I don't have classic sleep apnea, that I get enough REM sleep, but that my oxygen levels go really low and more than is good. I'll know more in a week.

I just looked at the goal boards and read a few reminders, and I like this one: the only thing between who you are and who you want to be is what you do. I might post that somewhere!

The painter arrived yesterday so my kitchen is a mess, of course. It's funny to have to go the garage and through the patio to get from one side of the house to the other. The dog is very confused

Vickie, please don't feel guilty, dogs don't! Just spread the love around to all the pups you can find. And, Nancy, you're just going to be merciful to your dog, so don't grieve too hard. That said, I really miss my two dogs who have been gone two years for one, and one year for the other one. But, the current, dog, Kyra, gets all our loving.

Back to aquafit and Todd today. Yes, he did just about hobble me, and yesterday we worked on the upper body. Today, legs again..if they'll move.

Have a great day, everyone...

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #32  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Rhonda!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #33  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Sorry I was MIA yesterday,my friends & I want on a joy ride all along the north & south shore of the Cape. We left at 9:30 until 7 PM where we ended up at a dairy queen for some Ice cream. Never had such a fun time,something like school kids on a Spring Break.

Today is going to be another fun day after My PT at 11AM. Going to a movies[Crazy Heart]and than out to an early dinner,and than tomorrow & Sunday I have to get serous and get my last minute washing and packing done for Monday Trip.

SANDRA-Hate when you feet are sore, you know the old saying when you feet hurt your whole body hurts.Therapist put heat on my neck and with electric fingers massaging my neck.Did it feel good. Never thought of heat,always used ice paks instead.Always learning something new.

SLOAN-Being there at my PT session was the greatest feeling
for my neck, They put me on a massage machine & they were like magic fingers along the effected area. for 20 mins,and boy did they feel good.

VICKIE-When I went to the physical therapist this morning he just use a electric massage machine that worked out the kinks out of my neck & neck area.Sorry Your DH had to go though all that pain.

Have to get ready for my day out with the gals, see you guys later
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I just came inside from planting my new hydrangea tree. it should bloom in a couple of years or so. I'm excited about it. I don't think I've ever dug such a large hole in my life. It was easy, though, cuz of all the rain we've had lately.

It feels good--revitalizing--to get out into the yard to do some work. I'm smiling ear to ear. Life is good.

Rhonda, did Doyle have that test, too? I'm thinking he snores quite a bit. Maybe ya'll are trying to sing in your sleep?

Vickie, enjoy your new puppy. There's no reason to feel guilty. Cassie couldn't have been loved more. Now this new little fella needs some and some TLC. Sounds to me like he (she?) is getting the perfect home.

Angela, when is your little one due?

Sloan, I hope all goes well with your dad. Where did ya'll go on your field trip?

Maryann, I use an electric massager with heat on my feet. It makes them feel wonderful.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

Long post warning: But I think you'll enjoy it.

Today Curtis and I went to a local, family-owned Mexican restaurant. I won't get into what we ordered. I'll just say, "I'm wrestling with my mind and priorities right now."

There was a table of 4 women next to us. Being the nosey lady I am, I couldn't help overhearing "Points!" And being a long long time Weight Watcher I knew exactly what they were talking about. I heard them chatting about different WW choices they had been and were making. Then I heard them get onto the subject of "bacon fat." There was laughter. A little later one lady said, "My grandfather lived to be 86 years old and he ate everything cooked with lard." More laughter as they continued making healthy choices.

When we walked by their table, I sneaked a peek at what they had on their plates. It looked like they'd made some healthy choices......

Okay, so this wasn't as cute and funny as I thought it would be, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. One of the messages I get from this is that there are Weight Watchers everywhere--and they are eating, laughing, joking, and sharing ideas insuring that Life is Good.

If I decide to go back to Weight Watchers Tuesday, I'll probably see these same ladies. Wouldn't that be neat? I could tell them they gave me a push in the right direction getting me back to meetings. And if I don't go back? Well, we'll see.

Last edited by ontarget; 03-26-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #36  

Sandra,

April 19th is my due date; just over 3 weeks from now. With each of the girls, I was between 1 and 5 days late though, so I'm not expecting to go any time soon.

We have really been enjoying Spring Break here. The weather has been decent and the girls are having a great time outside, making forts and climbing trees. This morning, they designed and made sashes and "merit badges" for learning to climb each of the trees in our yard. It makes me so happy to see them so creative and playing together well a lot of the time. We shall see what the addition of little brother does to the mix.

I have been knitting up a storm lately. I tend to nest not by cleaning my house, but by creating things - either cooking, sewing, or now it seems, knitting.

My dh said his dad is thinking of starting up the ice cream store again...those of you that were around for that whole issue know what a crazy time it was for us. I almost had a heart attack when dh told me last night. I advised him not to touch it with a ten-foot pole, but we shall see where my advice takes him.

I'm off to sit in my recliner and knit - boy, we lead such amazing Friday nights, don't we?

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Angela, we're leading an exciting Friday night, too. We're on the recliner sofa watching basketball.

We have a hummingbird as of today.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #38  

Good morning:

Angela, I certainly remember the ice cream store. There is a very successful store here in Denton, called Beth Marie's. They're not big, and they're local and delicious. Ooops, how would I know?

Sandra, we too have found three local Tex-Mex places that are just great little greasy spoons. (Did I say that?) We went last night and I had the beef steak and managed not to eat anymore than a bite of beans and rice. I had 2 small corn tortillas. I'm just about to get this portion control thing.

About DH....he said that he will do the sleep test thing. He might be tired of my leaving the bedroom all the time? Really, this is no joke. Sleep apnea is dangerous.

I have a big weekend coming up. I'm starting an art class today: choose your medium, a four week course using all kinds of approaches to art. Tomorrow one of my great nieces competes at the state level in gymnastics and I'll go to the meet. I'm so excited for her.

Oh, and my Friday night? Out to dinner and then falling asleep watching a movie! I LOVE my life!

Rhonda
Old 03-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #39  
beachbum

Just wanted to say a quick HI,had a black out last night so I couldn't post and this morning I was running all around to get ready for my trip down to NY.

Going to W-I tomorrow and than hang out with my other friends and than to the cemetery before I go down this Monday morning. Looking forward to seeing the Grand kids again,bet they grew since I last saw then oat Christmas time.

SANDRA-That electric treatment was a blessing with all the pain I had,hope that I don't experience the pain while down in NY. When I get down there I might buy a hot pad for my neck.

That's a cute story,and hope they convinced you to go to the meeting. I like meeting all sorts of people,but never again at the WW one.

Have a great evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you are a good poster child for retirement. And you're right about sleep apnea being dangerous. I'm glad ya'll are getting help.

Maryann, have a safe trip to NY. Your grands have probably grown quite a bit.

We watched our grands play softball today. Other than that, I planted more strawberries in a strawberry pot I'd gotten from Cottage Farms. I have high expectations for delicious strawberries.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, my dad did well with his treatment. My sister and I ended up staying the night at my parents' house. We actually had a little slumber party. I had a lunch with my Bible study group today then went back by to check on them, and they were doing just fine. When I got home, I painted some (I'll bet you can't believe that), then I sat down to watch tv with dh. I think we are just gonna sit here and "veg" until bedtime. I've read all of your posts, but I'm too tired to talk any longer. I'll check in tomorrow.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #42  

Default Painting I bought

If I've done this correctly you should see a picture of a painting I bought yesterday at a gallery opening. I didn't include the artist's picture. I bought another one but it wouldn't upload.

Today I'm going to try to start going to the gym twice a day, or at least having two workout sessions of some sort. Wish me luck.

Sloan, thanks for the update about your dad. And, Sandra, I want strawberries!

Rhonda
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sunflower and artist 001.jpg (41.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I had my weigh in and stayed the same. I'm off to errands and an early birthday lunch out with my best friends.

Talk to you all soon!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, today has been quiet except for the addition of a new dog to our household. DD rescued an adult pekingese, a four year old female, and she brought her home today. So far, she has been kinda pitiful and shy. She has eaten, but will not potty! We keep putting her in her crate then taking her out, but so far she has not done her business. She has not made a sound in her crate which makes me worry that she is very, very used to being in there!!!

Vickie, staying the same is always better than a gain! Just keep doing what you've been doing. You know it works!!

Rhonda, I love the art piece. Is it oil? Where will you hang it?

Sandra, I can't wait to hear about your strawberries!

Maryann, have a great time and a safe trip!

Angela, I remember the ice cream store! I love the story about the girls and their "merit badges"! Cherish these moments. They go by so quickly! What are you knitting?

Hey, hey Paula

Things are still going well with my dad. He even went to church this morning then spent some time at my sister's house. I really hope things continue to go this well. We are just hanging out and being lazy this evening. I did manage to clean out a fenced in area in our yard and paint some furniture, so I have been productive. I hope you all have a relaxing Sunday evening!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #45  

Rhonda...I love Sunflowers...

I am on a spring cleaning kick...

I found a strategy that is working for me to remove more junk from the house and attic. If I don't want to keep it, instead of deciding whether I am going to trash it, sell it, give it away I just get in to the garage. Somehow that forces me to make a decision and I have space there to have a give away, trash and sell
pile. It is helping me move faster in the attic because I only have one decision to make at first and my son is helping me bring the stuff down to the garage.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote