Weekly Chat -- 2/22/10-2/28/10

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • New pages to wrap up the month of February!
  • Thanks, Paula.

OK, new week, end of the month. Let's see what we can do. I'm taking off two pounds come you- know -what or high water!

Rhonda
  • Good Morning Ladies

Had a great night sleep and the sun is shinning ,but the next 4 days we're going to get rain/snow mixture so I'm going out to get my stables.

Oh I can't believe that our government voted in this bill and now the president is now signing a credit card law saying that we the customer is going to get charged more for using or now using our credit card.
    The latter is for unused of credit card will be $18 fees. Going to use a debt card or checking account instead.

Got on the scale and I Maintained, a little disappointed as I watched everything I ate this week,One of my friends thinks that I'm not eating enough 1300-1500 should go up to 1800 so maybe is right amount.

See you later
  • Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to see Jenny.

Mary Ann, I haven't heard of this bill. I don't want to get political on this board but I find it hard to believe any bill would be signed today giving the credit card companies a better deal. Maybe I'm just being naive.
  • I lost .4. Not bad with a wake, funeral luncheon, lunch and two dinners out this week.

Now I need to start exercising again. Rhonda, will you send me some "get up and go"?
  • To: Vickie

• tomorrow!
  • Rhonda, me, too?

We just got home from the allergist. Results are in from Curtis' food allergy tests. Yep, he's allergic to some foods including corn, wheat, and dairy. He'll be taking drops to help but won't have to cutout any foods from his diet. And that's all I know about that. I'll let you know more after my visit the 8th of March.

I'm going to do at least 30 min today. That's about as good as it's going to get. Training is also peaking. Indoor Nationals is this weekend.

Was no one interested in Senior Olympics? Just wondering.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll be back later.
  • Got my shopping done,now awaiting the 3 day storm,but we expecting more rain than snow.

PAULA-Thanks for starting us up this week.

RHONDA-Can't believe that its the end of the month,but just think SPRING is just around the corner.Got 20 mins of walking,but I did carry heavy slipcovers down & up the stairs so that should account for something.Looks like I have to get the old drawing board out again and try to figure out my calorie needs. Maintaining where I should have lost,maybe I need more calories,or should I go back the Core???[$64,000 question]

VICKIE Sorry I didn't mean to bring politics into this thread but it was on the news this morning,if the credit cards companies are going to get this deal,That means I wouldn't be able to establish credit anymore. My DD told me if it goes though I should use my ATM or debt card instead.Congrats on your .4 loss, with all you went thought,happy it wasn't a gain.

SANDRA-WOW food allergies are a pain aren't they,but at least you know what Curtis can have and what he can't have to eat. Always wondering if I was allergic to wheat.I had the symptoms,but I never asked the doctor for tests.

Have a nice evening
  • Hi Sandra! Define interested.......I was definitely interested. I read everything but would never do it myself. I have Jim and hang out and play with. I was surprised at the non-stress offerings....like scrabble but I stink at that too!

I'm just hanging around today. I made a TON of phone calls this morning and now am waiting for the painter to come and do some touch ups. Then...some TV.

I'm having a hard time drinking my water. How are all of you doing?
  • Mary Ann, I don't see anything bad for consumers here.

http://www.nowpublic.com/tech-biz/cr...-february-2010
  • Vickie, you're a hoot! Thank you for responding to what I posted. I think I was just whining about wanting a response. I'm a baby chickie sometimes.

We're predicted to have snow, too. This time the area south of Dallas/Ft. Worth is looking at getting more snow that north of DFW. That's unusual. We'll have to wait to see if that really happens. As it is now, I'm scheduled for pedicure/manicure//haircut/color tomorrow morning and a trip to the dentist after lunch for 2 fillings.

Wednesday morning I have an appointment for one more reflexology treatment. Other than that we'll be readying for Indoor Nationals this weekend.

Maryann, treatment trend now is to use the drops 3x daily and eat whatever you want. Well, I mean as to allergies--not for weightloss.

I've already done 20 min and will do more later. I've also shot several dozen arrows. Am I having fun? (You betcha!)
  • Love you, Sandra! I hate when Texas has storms. Our worst storms come up from Texas. Send it south east please!
  • Worked on taxes tonight and we go to a new tax guy tomorrow to finish it all up. It is always a relief to get them done. I am meeting my cousin in the morning for breakfast and then helping her select a headstone for her
    husbands grave site. (what do you say?? late husband??)

Robin didn't lose weight this week so he is discouraged . He has lost every other week so I hope this week was just a fluke.

I have been losing about a pound a week doing the 200 calorie mini meals
    and then about 300 calories for dinner.

We are in such a rut because he can't get out to do much. I go out with friends about once a week but mostly I stay around the house to keep him company.
    I sure hope the knee replacements in a few months work for him.

Sandra..that is interesting about the allergies and the new treatments for them. Were you surprised by the results? Wow..You have a busy day scheduled.

Vickie..thanks for asking about me. I was sick all last week but I feel better now.Looking forward to spring. I need to drink more water also.

Sloan. Is your dad worried a lot about all the treatments coming up . I guess
    that is a dumb question because anybody would be. I guess I mean "how is he handling it all?"

Maryann.. Is your computer still acting up. Mine comes up with that blue screen sometimes and I always fear the worst..
    I am sorry about the kids not calling. My son at college is not one to call much either. He says "mom , if you are the one missing me, you should call me"
    but I try to give him space . It sounds like you are making some good new friends. I think spring will help also... It is easier for me to find things to do
    when the weather is nice. Do you have pets?? I always think a puppy is great therapy.. I plan to get a new puppy when I send my youngest to college
    in the fall to treat my empty nest depression

Angela..did you get the snow you mentioned?? I enjoy my freezer also. You have inspired me to do some cooking and freeze some extra meals.
    When is your due date?? I am excited about this baby getting here. Hope we get a picture!!
  • Good Morning Chicks! It is snowing here.....again. Oh well, that's Winter in Chicagoland and something I'm used to from living here my whole life. Still, round about the end of February we have all had enough. Besides, Spring Training camp is open for the White Sox. To me that means it's time for Spring.

I'm going to my Internist today and then to see my Sister/BIL. They are my favorite people in the world even though my BIL teases me relentlessly. When I'm with him, I'm still a 16 year old kid. It's kind of fun. My Sister is 14 years older than me and he is 5 years older than her. They've been married for 49 of my 53 years. He's known me since I was about a year old. Actually, he's now taken on the role of Dad and Brother I never had too. I wonder what he'll find to tease me about today. For years he called me "Blondie" because he knew I was dying my hair when I wasn't supposed to be. It would make my Parents look at my hair while I squirmed.

Anywhoooo.....don't know why I took that stroll down memory lane. I think I'm just feeling emotional and sentimental today. I miss my own parents so this is as close as I come in my life. I try to make sure we get together every couple of weeks. Today we are just going to play with my Sister's new iTouch. Jim and I will help her rip CD's and set up her library and playlists. She's never done that before. Then we'll have Chipotle for dinner. I'll be having a bowl with no rice but I will splurge on the guacamole. It's the best anywhere. I found a cool Chipotle calculator on the internet that lets you pick your ingredients and it computes all the nutritional ingredients. I LOVE technology.

Nancy, we got our refund last Friday. We've been using Turbo Tax for about 6 years now and we love it. The last two years we've used it to file electronically for free. I love that it imports everything from last year and you only change what is different. And I love that it prints all the forms for your files. Tell Robin not to fret, it's just is body resting. Did he follow his program or is he tired of it already? I'm dying for JC to come out with some new foods. We here a menu change is coming. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Talk to you all later or in the morning. Have a great day!