Old 02-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #61  

Height: 5'4"

I was 2/10 's of a pound from 142 yesterday and then a friend
I haven't seen in 20 years called and wanted me to join her and her sister
for dinner at the hotel they were staying at. I was going to order
soup but the steak sandwich & fries were too tempting. Now I
am sure I won't see 142 this week. Why do I sabotage myself ??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:04 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, I'm just getting home, and it is 3 am. The chemo infusion went well, but this evening my dad complained of some chest pain, so we went back to the hospital. They kept him for tonight, so we will see what tomorrow brings. He seemed fine when I left; he was just grumpy about having to stay at the hospital. I'll catch up when I can. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. It means so much to me!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #63  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Guess what it snowing but not to worry they are predicting snow showers for us periodically during the day. I have everything in the house,so I'm not concerned.

RHONDA-I went to the Mayo web site and type the info into their calorie calculator and I'm supposed to use 1500,so if I want to lose 1 b per week I have to deducted 500 and get a new total of 1400. Gee that's on the low site of my calorie range that I go from the Harrison- Benedict Formula.

ROSE-Didn't get to the movies yesterday as there was a mix up of plans.Now some of the girls want to go out tomorrow and one of my friends is going to have a trying day her wedding anniversary and he DH birthday,don't thing I like to go out without her.Rather be there for her if she need me. Yes I'm lucky to have such good friends but I do miss my family which is difficult for them to come with such small children,and it hard for me to use public transportation to see them.

NANCY-We all do that especially when friend or family come to visit. I'm still the weight I gained[174] was [167]=7-lbs, at Christmas and its 2 months later and I still haven't taken it off. Some how food has to get there for any gathering.If we could break that habit we'd all be thin.

SLOAN-Hope you & your mom will be able to rest before you go back to the hospital to pick him up.

Have a great one

Last edited by beach bum; 02-27-2010 at 10:31 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:33 PM   #64  

Good day all: And it is a good day, but busy. I am having a group in tonight to play chicken legs and I have been making lots of treats. I hope it all gets eaten up as I do not want to have to eat it myself. Actually my slim husband will devour it I am sure. He can eat anything he wants and never gains.

Talking about chicken legs, it is just a game with domino's. A couple of weeks ago Edith and hubby were invited over to a home that we had been invited to also. Well the hostess said, "Rose is bringing chicken legs," not telling her it was a game. Poor Edith she could not figure out why we where bringing chicken legs and what could they ever bring. Lucky she spoke to me as she might have brought potatoes or dessert. We have laughed about it often.

Mary Ann you are doing the right thing in getting out with your friends. I am sure it helps. I am sure your children love you, but, as you said they have children themselves and it is hard to get everything done in a day.
I never worked outside the home until the children were grown up. Well I did teach night school but that was only 2 nights a week. When they had moved out I taught Nursery School for a few years, 2 hours a day. I was never really in the work force after I got married. I often feel for the young people today as they have two jobs, work and also home. I remember reading once that once women worked in the fields , then they came out of the field and into the home ====now they are back in the fields.

Sloanie, hope you Dad is much better today. I think it takes a lot out of you with his treatment. It is wonderful that you can spend time with him.
I am so happy that I was able to be there for both my parents when they got ill.

Nancy, you will get back on track. Hope you enjoyed your meal though. You are doing well with your weight.

Ronda, hope you enjoyed your wine last night. Thanks for the answer about A and M.

Well must go make lunch, I get typing and do not know when to quit.
Wish me luck, as, I am actually nervous having the people in tonight.
Blue skies,
RoseB
RoseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Rose, you'll have a great time, I bet. I didn't know what "chicken legs" was either!

Maryann, I know, I know!!! To lose one pound a week, I'm supposed to eat only 1200 calories a day. It is difficult, but I'm giving it my best. I think you might have misread it, or mistyped it. 500 from 1500 would be 1000, not 1400. No matter what it says, 1000 calories would not be enough, so something's wrong.

Nancy, maybe it's not "sabotage." If you don't do it every day, it could be a rational decision just to enjoy yourself with your friends. Remember what Sloan said: if you're having fun drinking the Margarita, it doesn't count. Of course, we all know it does count, but you get the point. Don't feel guilty, just be moderate and then some over the next week.

Sloan, that must have been scarey. I'd have chest pains just from the anxiety!!!

I'm going to watch the Canada-US hockey game. And, did you see the US take Bronze in the relay last night? One of the team members is from Denton

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 02-27-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #66  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Its been a busy week. DD is 7 today! She had her party last night at the Y -- 18 girls for a swiim party. They had a ball. My eating has been not so great, too many treats around these past couple days. Today is a new day and all I can do is try.

I did get my day surgery scheduled - its on March 12th. When I got the date I was panicing about the whole thing and actually thought about cancelling it. Being the wimp I am. I talked to the pre-op nurse and I feel much better about things. The actual procedure will only take about a 1/2 hour, but with the prep and recover time I should be there from 8 am until around 2. If there isn't a hernia, the recovery is going to be minimal. Lets just hope its not that!

Well, I need to go back a few days and read and catch up. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. We have dinner out for DD - her choice. Then church tomorrow, last skating lesson for DD, need to get to the Y and then I have to help with some food for a church function tomorrow night. Way too much going on on the weekends these days.

BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #67  

Whoa, Paula, what a schedule. We'll all be pulling for you and your surgery, you know.

I have been very good with exercise and calorie control today. I walked FOUR miles, 2 with the dog, then 2 alone. At least I know I can do it. I have a hiking trip coming up in late April, and I want to be able to walk 5 miles without stopping. I'll make it.

Rhonda
Old 02-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #68  

We are having a slow weekend. Robin's back is slightly better
and he is starting to dream again about retirement and the type property
he would like to have. I could be fine in a townhouse but he needs
some space to putter and not feel "closed" in. Basically I think he is a cowboy that was born in the wrong century.

Exciting news.. I finally got my ASHA(national) certification renewed for Speech Pathology. I had dropped it when my kids were born. It took a year for me to retake the national exam and get all the requirements met. Now I want to find 1/2 time work til fall and then full time.

Rhonda .. I love what you said about thinking of it being a "rational" decision to enjoy a night with good food and good friends.
That makes me feel a ton better about eating what I did . I am eating exactly right almost 100 % right now so one meal isn't going to hurt me.

Sloan. That is scary about the chest pains . I think that was smart to go back and have it checked. Being on the safe side with any chest pains is always a good idea.
Praying for you and the whole family.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #69  

Hey chicks, I spent most of the day at the hospital with my parents. My dad is having some problems with his kidneys. The cardiologist thinks his heart is okay, and the neprhologist wanted him to stay another night. My dad is not happy, but we are glad for the extra precautions. I am very tired and will go to bed. I'll try to post tomorrow and let you know what 's going on. Again, thanks for your thoughts and prayers!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #70  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've been up since 4:00. I had a bad night and just decided finally to get up. I'm hungry now and am going to go have some coffee and breakfast now that Jim is up. Then the treadmill. I'll try to come back after that for some chats.

Sloan, I'm praying for the success of your Dad's treatments. I'm focused on healthy kidneys for him and for me. I hope you got some good rest.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #71  

Height: 5' 10"

Sloan, I'm keeping your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Its best that the Drs are being cautious.

Nancy, congrats on your re-certification!! Good for you!

Rhonda and Sandra - I can't believe you have not gotten together in person yet!!! Get moving girls!

Well, got to get moving. Have a nice day ladies.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #72  

Mornin' chicks. I've been up since 5 am. I wake up, and my mind starts working. I'm not sure what my role will be with my parents today. One brother will be with them this morning and will call me and let me know what time my shift starts. My mom is really overwhelmed and is not remembering things as she should. We really think it is stress, but right now there is not much we can do to help her. Neither she or my dad will even discuss having her to go home to rest. It is VERY frustrating to see her getting more and more tired but refusing to leave his side. It's not like he is in his last days, but neither of them will listen to reason. Also, my dad has never been very compliant with managing his diabetes and that continues. At what point do we stop trying to get him to listen to reason and just let him make stupid decisions? I am very frustrated, aaaaargh!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #73  

Oh, Sloan, I feel your frustration, really. When my father was sick and in the hospital we had the opposite problem. My mother wouldn't go see him. It's not that she didn't love him, she did. But, she was terrified of sickness. I don't know how she ever survived having 3 children.

Currently, I have a relative who is letting his diabetes run wild. There is a real limit to what another person can do. All you can do is speak reason. That's all.

Paula, I can say in our defense that one or the other of us has had some upper respiratory gunk that keeps us at home, or at least not wanting to spread it to our favorite cousins! Right now, I'm on the mend, but DH is out again with some awful cold. It's what sent me to the nurse practitioner the other day. I want it to end, not get it back again.

So far, I've walked 2.2 miles today. I have intentions to walk another 2 or 3 before the day is over.

Rhonda
Old 02-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #74  

Hi all: We had a house full of company but had a wonderful evening talking and playing "Chicken Legs" They stayed late and I must say I was tired when I got up. I am glad we set the alarm for Church or I wonder if I would make it.

Sloanie, it is hard to sleep when you have so many things going on in your mind. It is not only your Dad being ill but you have your Mother to worry about also. I have gone through all this kind of worry and I know it can go over and over in your mind. Prayers are sent up for you and your family.

Blessed with Sarah, I am not sure what your name is but figure that Sarah must be your daughter. I do not think I have met you.

Nancy congratulations, that is great work.

Hi Vicki, you are a early bird for sure. I guess you were not feeling the best. Hope that you are feeling better now. Maybe you can have a nap this afternoon. I sometimes have a power nap as I call it and feel so much better

I wonder how Sandra is doing, guess she will be back soon. She is such an upbeat gal, full of fun.

Rhonda, I am surprised you have not seen Sandra but I guess you are getting settled in your new home. You do not live in the same area do you.
Say girl, you sure have done well with the weight loss, Congratulations.

blue skies, (not today)
RoseB
RoseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #75  

How about those Canadian Olympic athletes!!!! The GOLD in both women's and men's hockey. So, Rose, the skies will be blue tomorrow!

Sandra and I live about an hour + apart. When we were well, Curtis was sick, or they were preparing for or shooting competitions. But, they're almost through.

Nancy, I forgot to congratulate you on your re-certification. That is quite an achievement.

Rhonda