Old 02-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

We're all here, praying for you to have the strength you want, Sloan!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #47  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another day of waiting,had a wonderful time with my new friends at the 99 restaurant. Had sirloin tips & chicken tenders plate with French Fries.The others had a better choice with fish. Will I ever learn,going to try the SB Phase 1 for a week or two and see if the numbers on the scale will go down.

Called my tax man this morning as the stupid forms that Aetna send me for the state of Massachusetts Health Care. I don't need their health care I have my own. The receptionist told me that he will call me back after 3.

SANDRA-The tails are are different story I was thinking around the belly of the gator. That should be tender.

RHONDA-Thanks is a funny story,my Grandson loves lobsters and get mad when anyone what to eat them. I brought him a toy lobster in a glass glob that moves when he turns the key on the bottom.All these jobs that Leo had are now on my shoulders, like cars,taxes,bbq grills,fixing things that get broken, all are scary to me.One of the choir members told me that they take advantage of woman. Have to look for a reliable handy man to hire now that Leo is gone.

PAULA-Sending your lots of hugs for your leg & now your hernia. Hope all will well,sending prayers your way. I love BBQ pulled Pork,they have a pub here in town that has it in a bread bowl and its it yummy.

NANCY-You are a good cousin,my sister did they same for me in Nov but now I have odds & ends to bring Leo's suits to the local center. The shirts, tee shirts, pants & jackets are going out to the big brothers & big sister this Tuesday.

SLOAN-Prayers & good thoughts are on the way.Hope you dad has the strength that he needs.

Have a great morning,see you guys later.

Last edited by beach bum; 02-05-2010 at 10:19 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #48  

Maryann: there is no doubt that women, in general, and men who don't much about cars, get taken advantage of. It would be very helpful to have a handyman/woman. Everybody needs one of those!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #49  

Ha ha Paula...100 goldfish crackers does sound easier.

That reminds me - yesterday I told a dd and a little boy in dd's class that she was bringing 100 puppies. You should have seen the look on their faces!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #50  

I remember those 100 day outfits. Mine were suppose to wear theirs.
One year my son glued 100 stamps (not postage) to a shirt, and another
year we glued 100 feathers to a shirt.
Hot glue guns are a lifesaver!!

SLOAN... praying for your parents and you today... So sorry
you have to face this today... Maybe the news will be good news..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, I left my parents' house at around 7pm then had errands to run, so I'm just now getting home. We will not have any test results until next Tuesday or Wednesday. I spoke to the doctor after the biopsy and asked if he thought the biopsy would come back lymphoma. He said that he was sure that it was, but the path report would give us more info. My dad cannot see an onchologist until the pathology report is back, so we wait. He knows that the doctor suspects lymphoma, but he is still hoping that the path will be negative. Of course, we too hope that the path report will be negative, but underneath I think we all are preparing for the worst.

Rhonda, Maryann, and Nancy, thank you for the prayers. I was comforted all day knowing that you all had read my post and were praying. I was able to keep it together and speak frankly when I needed to.

Hope you all have a great night! TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #52  

Thanks for writing tonight, Sloan, to let us know how it's going. It will no doubt seem like a long wait for the report.

Rhonda
Old 02-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #53  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Sloan....I'm praying for you and your family.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #54  

Mornin' chicks. I got up at 5am when DH left for work. I've been painting and finishing wallpaper in the laundry room. I'm also listening to "The Lost Symbol" while I work. All of this is keeping me and my mind busy, so that's good. Thanks again for your prayers. I can feel them.

I just stopped to drink a cup of coffee, so I need to get back to it. I'll check in later.

Good luck at the competition today, Sandra!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #55  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

NO SNOW for me, its going to be snow showers and up that me as it going to melt will all the salt water & air around us. I'm going to walmart to pick up some things I need.and than will be back again for the showers start.

OUR friend send us a CD that about losing our love one but they are not too far from us. The music is on the classical/church music side but the words are powerful & beautiful very effective. I cried along with my new friend though the whole thing and now I fine and my energy came back to me.

RHONDA-I'm learning that fast and must keep on my guard.That's good that I have BIL's to ask.

SLOAN-Remember we are always here for you. I know the waiting is the hard part not knowing. I think to this day Leo would have been alive if they didn't change the meds and that stop because of the sides effects.But its water under the bridge and I don't have the proof.

LJ=Congrats on your 9.2 lbs lost.I met JEAN NIDETCH in the early 1970's when I first worked for WW.She was a lovely woman,and had the right intentions for weight loss but the new owner of WW left it astray. To them it only a money making company,especially the people in the top offices.I quit after she sold the company.Rules for the leaders & receptionist went down hill after she left.

Have a nice weekend
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #56  

9.2 pounds in two weeks?!

I so envious, I'm green!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #57  

Hi Chicks! I finished painting and papering the laundry room, made the curtain, shopped for storage bins, and organized the room. DH will hang the curtain rod for me tonight, and I will be finished. I took a before picture and will take an after picture so I can post them.

I wish I could stay and chat, but I've got lots to do. Have a good night everyone!

Last edited by sloanie; 02-06-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #58  

Hi all! I am still on my no-sugar bandwagon. It's getting easier now. Dh brought home some Cherry Crush soda, and I had one taste and gave him the rest. It tasted soooo strong, it was almost like cough syrup! Dh assures me it doesn't taste like that to him, but then again, he adds sugar to almost every beverage he has, so, what does he know?

I'm heading upstairs now to read books in bed with my girls. I'm tired today...haven't been sleeping well. Dh snores, and I am a very light sleeper even when not in 3rd trimester pregnancy, so it's a bad combination. Oh well, pretty soon I'll be up at all hours feeding a little guy anyway, so...

Night all!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #59  

Good night all. I went spinning, ran errands, tried to eat well, and now I have a sinus headache. I've taken some medication and am headed to bed.

Angela, have you tried a white noise generator? Might work???

Rhonda
Old 02-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #60  

Angela, my DH snores, too. We have been married for 27 years, and I have been listening to him snore for the entire marriage. We have a "white noise generator", and it really helps. Also, I read about a woman whose husband snorred (sp?), and she said something that really changed my thinking. She said she thanked God for her husband's snorring because that meant he was beside her, and he was getting the rest he needed so he could take care of his family .