Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #31  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone, just killing time before my appt this morning. To add to the meat discussion, I forgot to add wild duck and goose (DH likes to hunt water fowel). Personally I loved the bear - we had bear stew way up north in Maine. The camp we had dinner at had a problem with one bear coming into the grounds, they relocated him twice. The third time he was dinner!

Slaon, how long will the school year go? Here they figure in 5 snow days and that brings us to the end of June. Since we've had no cancellations, Its looking like it will end mid June.

Vickie, HUGS to you and your GF. you're a good friend to her.

Sandra, good luck on the training.

Nancy, congrats to your son!

Well, go to get laundry swapped. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #32  

Morning ladies! I thought I'd share a nsv...last night I was feeling just kind of down and really fighting wanting to go out and eat cookies, chips, anything I wanted. But I sat myself down and realized that I didn't really want that stuff in particular, just salty and sweet together. So I made myself a snack of pretzels and raisins, and had that instead. I know they aren't Core, but they're better than what I would have eaten!

My oldest dd (11) is complaining of a stomachache this morning, so we shall see if she makes it through the day at school. I know a stomach bug is going around. Hrm...

Vickie, we miss you but know you are doing a great service for you friend. Hang in there!

I think the most exotic meat I've eaten is duck! I'm not so adventurous an eater.

Have a great day all!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #33  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Waiting for the guy to deliver my area rugs and than this evening I'm going our with my new friends to another restaurant for dinner. Gee!! with all this eating out I'm going to become a house. I decided that after my next W-I on Monday I'm going to go on the low carbing for a couple of weeks to get all the simple carbs out of my system.. I'm eating to many breads and must stop to get back back to the 160's.

-Went to the Toyota dealer and I had to have a new air/fuel injector replaced and than the guy told me take it looks like the battery has to be replaced also as the record indicate that the last battery was put in 2005. $403.08 dollars later. I got home and looked at my records and found that Leo replaced it in 2007. They saw me coming an got me!!! Really I don't know,my BIL called and he told me a battery could go in 3 years.Yes I have been sleeping better and I haven't taken a pill since the 2, I took last week.

SANDRA-Thanks for explaining alligator meat. Isn't it tough,or do that marinate it for a softer meat. I heard of deer,moose and buffalo,but I near heard of alligator it must be a specialty.

SLOAN-Oh Gee!! TG your weren't hurt. when the shelve fell down.Normally I don't talk that long on the phone and I was surprised being that long on it. Use my cell for long distance,when calling NY or Fla.

NANCY-That was great news about your son,now that's a load of your mind. My DS just started school for computer repairing. With a guaranty that he will have a job placement after he finishes.

RHONDA-You a real gourmet having wild game. I had venison once and will never eat Bambi again.

PAULA=BEAR how do you girls get used to eating wild animals. I like to eat poultry,beef,pork and fish. I had ground buffalo,and made burgers with them.

VICKIE-Take you time back,I think taking care & supporting your GF is wonderful. I wouldn't know what to do without mine.

Have a great morning
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #34  
focused and aiming

Maryann, the grilled alligator I had was tough. The fried alligator was tender. (Both were alligator tail.)

Angela, that's a fantastic NSV. Congratulations, my friend.

Back to exotic meats--I guess the most exotic I've had is mountain lion. Living in Montana opened a whole new world for me. I attended several Hunters' Banquets where we shared all sorts of different goodies. I felt especially good about sharing the moose that I had harvested myself. It was lean and tender and made the most delicious roasts I've ever eaten.

And did I mention I think game counts pointwise like chicken?

Sloan, I hear ya on not starting anything new these 2 days. I hope your day is uneventful and all you want it to be.

I have already shot a few ends of arrows this AM. I feel better about my shooting than I have in several weeks. Curtis is feeling good about his as well.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll be back later this evening to see how you're all doing.

Last edited by ontarget; 02-04-2010 at 11:16 AM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #35  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, only one cookie! You continue to amaze me. Way to go, Cuz!

Vickie, we know you're here with us in spirit--and you we're there with you in spirit, also.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

OH, yes, duck and goose...forgot those. But, I've never had mountain lion. You're the Sandra!

So, let me tell you this food story. I was once troubled by continuing nightmares about lobsters attacking me. No joke! So, one day at lunch, I said to myself "that's it" and I went out and had lobster for lunch all the time saying "I eat you, not you eat me!" And, I never had such a dream again.

At spinning class, my heart rate monitor said I spun off 1002 calories. Is that even possible?! Well, I worked hard and the class was an hour long.

Maryann, don't sweat the car stuff. Batteries can go quickly, especially in cold climates. It sounds like you have a plan though about the food, so good luck.

I can't believe that my weight moves off soooooo slowly. It takes a lot of determination to keep it going, but I AM determined.

Angela, thanks for the raisins and pretzels idea...sounds like a good one.

I'm doing paper filing and paying bills. What a drag!!!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I don't know about my being . Sounds to me like we've all had some exotic foods. What kind of snake did you have? How was it cooked? I think that's pretty ish there. You may not be losing much right now, but your body is definitely toning up and you're looking great. Just keep on keepin' on and you'll soon be where you want to be.

I like how you conquered your lobster mares.

We just found out one of Curtis' uncles has passed away and are waiting to hear about the arrangements. He'd been in poor health quite a while but this his passing is still a surprise.

Last edited by ontarget; 02-04-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm working on taxes. Harumph.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Vickie, you deserve another
Old 02-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #40  

Rhonda, I had a laugh thinking of your dream. I've been eating lobster all my life -- my Dad LOVED it and we always had it now and again growing up as treat. Lobstah and steamahs. YUM.

I did bills today and some work. The appt went well, the surgeon was a hoot! I have 5 stitches and I can now feel my leg, but its weird that the incision doesn't hurt. I was expecting it to. I did find out I have a hernia on my abdomin that I'll need to go to the day surgery center to have fixed. I thought it was a lipoma (fat blob) but the Dr today said not likely, most likely a hernia. Well, I'll let my leg heal then deal with that later.

Had a nice surprize, our neighbor has a BBQ catering service. He brought by dinner -- bbq pulled pork, beans and pasta salad. Not exactly core, but Its cooked and I'll have a small amount.

Have a good night.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #41  

Height: 5'4"

Rhonda that is the greatest story about the lobster dream..I love it.
You need a T Shirt or apron now with a lobster on it..

I am impressed with all the wild things everyone has eaten.
I would try all those but all I have had is rabbit that I can think of.
Oh I did fix duck this Thanksgiving to surprise my son because he shot his first duck this fall.
Our town has a bug fest every year that I want to go to that serves
cooked bugs. I would try most anything except raw fish..the thought makes me gag

I spent the afternoon with my cousin. We were going to clean out her
closet and I was going to help her send her late husbands clothes to charity.
She decided that she was not up to the task so
we just spent the afternoon shopping, eating and having coffee..

Paula...Take it easy on your leg..I am glad things went well.
When will your hernia surgery be??

Angela..I am slow today..What is nsv??? Hope your daughter feels better..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Ouch, Paula! Take it easy and don't overdo anything.

Nancy, you're a hoot. Be sure to tell us what bugs you eat. There used to be an upscale grocery in Ft. Worth that had chocolate-covered ants. I never ate any.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #43  

Oh sorry Nancy. NSV is a non-scale victory, meaning something to be proud of that isn't necessarily attached to the number on the scale.

I actually have a blister on my finger tonight from folding 100 origami paper cranes. And why did I fold 100 paper cranes? Well, because Monday is the 100th day of school, of course! My youngest dd needs to bring 100 things to school tomorrow for their 100th day celebration, and she thought that'd be cool. Ow! But they are very pretty, and probably no one else will have the same.

Night all. Hope I dream of lobster, because it sounds delicious right now. One of my crazy pregnancy dreams last night was all about politics. Bleh! Who wants to dream politics?

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:39 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks, I need some prayer warriors. My dad is having a biopsy on an enlarged gland in his neck today. After going over all of the details, I'm pretty sure the docs think he has lymphoma. I will be at the hospital today with him (and my mom). Please pray that I will stay strong. I find myself being very tearful this morning, and although I know that is perfectly normal, I don't want to break down in front of my parents. I will reserve that for when a definitive diagnosis is made.

I want to speak to each of you about your posts (they are so cute), but I have to get ready. I'll check in later and let y'all know what's going on.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #45  

Angela -- I got off easy. DD is bringing 100 goldfish! (the crackers)

Last edited by blessedwithsarah; 02-05-2010 at 08:01 AM.