Old 02-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #16  

Yeah, no baby yet...he's due in April. I'm not ready for him yet!!

It snowed again last night...I'm getting a little tired of all this white stuff...I'm ready for some green.

Time to put the groceries away.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

NO SCHOOL again tomorrow!! At least the snow on our drive melted enough for us to drive up and down. I was not as productive as I had planned. I did get the utensil drawer in the kitchen cleaned and reorganized. DH had an accident with the coffee this morning and coffee filled the drawer, so I didn't have much choice. I guess tomorrow the wallpaper will be job #1. I also wanted to re-organize the laundry room, but that may have to wait.

Maryann, the phone bill might be high, but you can't put a price on friendship. Also, good luck with the car

Nancy, stripping painted wallpaper does not sound like fun. Maybe you could use one of those tools that pierce the paper then use diluted fabric softener to loosen the paper. If I were you, I think I would procrastinate and hope the future buyer does not notice

Angela, how are those feet today?

Hey to the rest of you chickies!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Do you think that Alligator meat is Core? I hope so, I had some today at the rodeo and livestock show. It was a sausage, so it was high fat, but I didn't eat the whole thing. I just had to try it. So, in the last few weeks I've had rabbit, snake and alligator. Next thing you know I'll be eating the heads off of live chickens. I know they're Core!

The rodeo was fun. The bulls and the broncos won!

Nancy, I haven't seen any hummingbirds. Sandra's got them all in her yard. But, I'm going to get some of them to come here. At least, that's my plan.

Maryann, good luck with the car. DH and I spent a small fortune keeping one going that we should have gotten rid of, and eventually we did.

I've got a 7AM appointment with Torture Todd tomorrow. Then DH and I are going to meet his daughter and grands and go on a big adventure to Ikea.

Have a great night.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #19  

Torture Todd
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #20  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its Wednesday and I had to take the garage and the car clear off with the snow that fell last night and now this morning. Hope it stops as I have an appointment with the Toyota dealer this afternoon.

Last night I decided to buy the Camel wing & sofa slipcovers, its going to shipped to the store and if I don't like what I see I can cancel them on the spot.Other wise nothing new.

NANCY-Thanks I wasn't sure,as I haven't been on the board that often.The year of the cars being recalled are the 2007 mine is a 2002

SLOAN-I should have used my cell phone as I have 732 anytime and over 900 roll over.Thanks for the little wizard hope he bring me luck.

RHONDA-You ate Alligator Meat.Now I heard of everything,and don't tell me it taste like chicken Like to keep this car as it a very comfortable and affordable car to take care of. Funny thing I just had it winterized along with a oil change and filter done this Nov'09,so hopefully it should be something miner.

Have a nice morning,I'll be back later.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #21  

Hi everyone! Hee hee, Rhonda, do you call him Torture Todd to his face?

Sloanie, I kind of like that kind of cleaning...where you're FORCED to do something you wouldn't normally do that often - like cleaning out a silverware drawer. I was just looking at mine the other day and thinking it could use a good clean. Guess I have to get the kids to spill some milk in there or something.

Alligator meat eh? Now I'm curious...DID it taste like chicken?

My feet are fine. The compression hose really do help, even if it feels like it takes most of my day's energy to get them on in the morning.

I tried some sugar-free candy yesterday. Blech. I think I'll stick to fruit for my sweet tooth.

Angela

Last edited by aghiowa; 02-03-2010 at 11:47 AM.
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #22  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Not much exciting going on here. I'm having a good week on plan. I've been sticking to my exercise routine, but not sure if I'll be able to go this weekend. I have a cyst being removed from the back of my leg tomorrow -- just an in the office thing, but I'll have stiches. Hopefully I'll be able to do the treadmill at least. So, I took off from work tomorrow and will be working from home on Friday.

The church dinner is now for 50-60. I'm making 3 large pans of baked ziti. There will also be sausage, peppers and onion; baked chicken; rice pilaf; corn; rolls; salads and desserts. Its going to be a busy Sunday. The dinner is from 5-6, before the class. We also need to have the break snacks for the class as well. We decided thats when it will be dessert. I just hope there is enough food. I was told how much I need to make - we figured each pan would give 24 servings.

Rhonda I would think alagator meat is core -- its a lean meat. Never had that, I've had moose, venison and bear.

Have a good day everyone!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Sounds like everyone is busy. We are, too. I went for another massage this AM. Next week I'm getting one on my feet only; however, I may add my hands to the mix. I'm feeling wonderful!

Sloan, will you have to makeup all those days missed, or will the state excuse part of them? Sounds like you're getting quite a bit done even if you did take some time off. That's funny about dh doing a coffee number on the drawer. Sometimes it takes a little nudge to get us going, doesn't it?

Rhonda, "Torture Todd"? Does he know about the other trainer yet? He may really really put you through some paces when he finds out about her. (Just kidding) Hmmmmmmmm........what about armadillo? (me neither)

Angela and Maryann, I think alligator tastes more like beef than chicken. I had some at Pappadeaux's recently. I like it fried more than grilled--but I like everything fried. Maybe that's why I'm as large as I am.

Paula, I've had moose, venison, and bear, too. Moose was my favorite. How about you?

Our excitement is building. Texas State Indoor Championship is this weekend. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #24  

You chicks won't believe what happened last night as a follow up to the "coffee flood". DS was helping me by cutting back some shelving in my laundry room so I could open the door to a cabinet that DH hung this summer, and the shelf fell. It was about 6 feet long and was loaded. On the way down, it broke the small shelf that was over the washer holding my laundry soap. I'm sure you can guess what I've been doing today. I took everything out and I painted and started papering a couple of the walls in the laundry room. I had to move the washer by myself, and boy was it heavy! This weekend, I will move the dryer and upright freezer to paper and paint behind them. I will also make a new curtain and buy a free standing shelf to replace the storage space that was provided by the shelf that fell. Right now I am so tired, I can hardly move.

Sandra, we have 13 snow days in our calendar that don't have to be made up. So far, I think we have used 7 or 8. I'm glad your massages are helping. How much do you and Curtis train before a competition?

Paula, hope everything goes well with your leg. Let us know how it goes.

Maryann, I was thinking about your cell when you mentioned how long you talked. I'm glad you thought of it, so next time you can use it instead.

Angela, I'm glad your legs are better. Do you put the stockings on before you get up? If you do that, your legs will be at their smallest and it may be easier.

I hope you are all having a great evening. I'll try to check in later if I have not passed out!

Last edited by sloanie; 02-03-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #25  

Sloan...

You have been busy cleaning up messes...
I hate that when I have cleaning to do and end up cleaning up an extra mess.

Just found out that my son got accepted in the college that was his first
choice . School has always been a challenge for him with his ADD so it is
very exciting for him to get accepted where he really wants to go.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #26  

Hi Everybody:

Well, unlike Sandra, I did think that alligator tasted like chicken, and it was very sweet. Nope, I've never had armadillo. Let's see, in addition to the usual beef, poultry, fish and pork, I've had: snake, rabbit, alligator, venison, buffalo and bear. I've also eaten "rocky mountain oysters" (ahem) and adrenal glands (I've forgotten the fancy name). I've never eaten grasshoppers, but my great niece tells me that she is a member of the "I eat bugs" club. She's all of 5 years old.

Torture Todd: I told him that I call him that behind his back. He puffed up and said "Well, I'm proud of that!" When he told me today that his forearms were hurting from his workout, I said "Don't whine to me about it!" and laughed. He said he deserved that reply. No, he doesn't know about the other trainer, but I think he'd be proud of me for doing more.

Sloan, what adventures you are having. I wouldn't want to be cleaning all those messes. But, at least it will all be done.

Nancy, that is great news about your son. Congrats!

Paula! That's a lot of cooking. I hope you don't have to stand up much.

I'm off to evening aquafit...I survived Ikea, barely!

Rhonda
Old 02-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I'll bet you're ready for an uneventful day. You're getting a lot of deep cleaning done. I really really need to get motivated to do the same; however, here I sit. Hmmmmmmmm......how long do we train before a competition? That varies. We try not to overtrain and to keep it fun. Today I've popped a few balloons and shot a few ends at 20 yds, plus a few at 10. I have probably shot for about an hour total. Curtis and I alternate so we're not shooting continually. We shoot 3 arrows at a time each.

Nancy, for ds for getting in to the college of his choice.

Rhonda, I really thought Todd would be proud of you. You've really eaten a lot of different foods. I haven't eaten armadillo either. I was really kidding about that. That's cute about your great niece eating bugs.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #28  

Sandra, I am really looking forward to an uneventful day. We are back to school tomorrow, so it could go either way. One thing that might be a problem is that we will only be there two days before the weekend. I foresee some resistance to work, and quite frankly, I hate to start any kind of complicated lesson then only have two days before the weekend to work on it.

All this talk about eating unusual meats has made me think about the unusual types of meat that I have eaten. I'm not near as adventurous as you chicks. I have had buffalo, squirrel, and goat in addition to the normal stuff. Rhonda, I am particularly intrigued by your adventurous eating. When I grow up, I want to be just like you

I'm going to take a long hot shower with some home made coffee scrub, slather myself with warm vanilla sugar lotion, then hop into bed. Nighty, night chicks!

Last edited by sloanie; 02-03-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:07 AM   #29  

Squirrel: I've never had that although a lot of people here in the Lone Star State probably have. I ate beef tongue once in Mexico, but that's not too unusal I suppose. Goat, or "cabrito" in Spanish is common here; I've just never had it. I'll have to try that.

I've been very low calorie today. I'll let you know if it paid off. I went to aquafit and there were so many people that we managed to get the pool level up so high that the water splashed up over the sides. We like a bunch of school kids playing in the pool.

Have a great night!

Rhonda

ps: I made DH some chocolate chip cookies and ate only one!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I apologize for not being around. My life keeps getting in the way. I've been spending much time trying to support my GF. I know you are all well since I've been reading.

I'll be back to post individually as soon as I can.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote