S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Weekly Core Chat: Dec. 28-Jan. 3

New Pages!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #2  

Rise and shine everyone! The morning sun is shining through my family room window, it's 28F outside, and I'm off to aquafit class and my new gym. All is right with the world here, and I hope it is where you are. If it's not, see what you can do to change it!

Rhonda
Old 12-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #3  
focused and aiming

Good morning. Rhonda, you sound very perky this morning. I think pre-retirement is treating you well.

The sun is out here. It's a gorgeous day. I'm meeting some girlfriends today.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! No sun here, except in my heart. I'm back from JC and on my way back out for errands and banking. I stayed the same this week. I'm eternally grateful since my scale was quite up the other day, as I mentioned.

I was back on program yesterday and so far today. I cleaned out several cabinets yesterday. I need to start treadmilling again in the morning. My JC Counselor was hoping I'd lose. Apparently I did better than many others.

What do you all have planned for New Years Eve?

I'll be back later.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday. I'm back to work today -- very, very quiet here. Most are out this week which is one reason I like having last week off and working this week. Great catch up week.

Doing well foodwise. Its sooooo much easier when I'm at work! My scale is up once again but I'm going to wait until Friday to reset my targets. I like having Friday as my "official" WI day.

Nothing really planned on New Years eve -- probably get lobsters and steamers for dinner. Hopefully I'll be awake at midnight. Usually I don't make it.

Vickie - glad JC scale likes you! Its easier to have an official stay the same than a gain. Did you scale still show you up today? It may be worth noting the difference between yours and JCs.

Rhonda - love the PJs and the new picture! It was warmer here in MA than in TX today! It was about 35 this morning. Then tonight through the weekend we are back in the 20s during the day and single digits in the am. Oh well, it is winter. Finally all the snow from before Christmas is gone.

Have a good day!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Vickie, congratulations on staying the same. I think that's really a loss. You did great.

Paula, we may have more snow tomorrow. What happened to the global warming? Congrats on being back op. I am, too.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #7  

OOH, Vickie, don't talk about cleaning. Last night I was on the floor looking at the dishwasher near the floor. You wouldn't believe the filth I found. Oh yuck, yuck, yuck...it's clean now!

I went to step aerobics at the gym. Ouch! It was fun, but I will be feeling it tomorrow. I hope that I can actually move to get to the 9AM spin class.

My eating is slowly coming back in line....after all the fruitcake is gone

Have a great evening everyone.

Rhonda
Old 12-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Oooooooh, Rhonda, don't look under dishwashers. That's a no no.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! My scale is back up this morning about 1.4! Glad I weighed in yesterday. Back on the treadmill today. That should help.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #10  

Thanks for the housecleaning tip, Sandra. I should have talked to you first. Then, I could have missed the grease and pet hair combo!

Vickie, good luck with the treadmill. I haven't even admitted that I've put on four pounds...most of it related to the last 12 days of partying before I left Toronto. By Jan. 1 that is going to be GONE.

Off to try the spinning class.

More snow is forecast for the region, but not much.

Rhonda
Old 12-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

We got a package of sweets from Curtis' daughter today. I indulged.

Rhonda, sounds like you definitely did the right thing. I vacuumed yesterday. Does that count?

The snow is coming down in huge flakes now. I love seeing Christmas lights when it's snowing.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi all. Great news, I'm a great-aunt again!! Sydney Rose was born today....my niece's new daughter. DD is soooo happy to no longer be the youngest.

Its freezing here today -- I did get out for a walk with the dog, but only a 1/2 mile. Tooooo wiiiiinddddyyyyy. I took dd to see the new Alvin and the Chimpmunk movie today. Very cute movie.

Rhonda, never thought to look under the dishwasher...or the stove. Hmmmmmm, its only been 10 years since we did the kitchen over.

Sandra, snow???? Wow. Does that happen often?

Vickie, congrats on doing the treadmill!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #13  

Congratulations to you and your family, Paula, on the birth of Sydney Rose. I have 10 greats and three great-greats. Just racking them up!

I didn't go to spinning today. I couldn't find my pants with the padded seat, and that is necessary. I thought I might go to something else, but I stayed home, sat in the hot tub, napped and organized my closet.

I'll do some free weights tonight and go to aquafit in the morning.

I hope you're all having a good night.

Rhonda
Old 12-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Paula, congrats on Sydney Rose.

Rhonda, you continue to impress me with your exercising. Now tell us about these padded seat pants. Where did you get them?

I'm bored. We've watched 2 movies. I think I'll get off the puter and do some shooting.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #15  

The padded seat pants are made especially for cyclists. I didn't buy them; they were a gift from my friend I stayed with in Toronto.

They have disappeared into thin air it seems. I had them out, then couldn't find my shoes, found those, then couldn't find the pants. Strange indeed.

I just bought a great book at Barnes and Noble. It's called The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises, written by Adam Campbell, published by Rodale Press, 2010. There are NO excuses now.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 12-30-2009 at 09:11 AM.