3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat: Nov. 23-Nov. 29 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/186944-weekly-chat-nov-23-nov-29-a.html)

Tejas 11-23-2009 01:59 PM

Weekly Chat: Nov. 23-Nov. 29

New Pages for the Core Chickies!

Tejas 11-23-2009 02:00 PM

Hi All:

Just a busy day here in Toronto..trying to eat more protein and fewer calories! What else is not new?!

Rhonda

Vickie 11-23-2009 04:09 PM

Hey chicks! It's rainy and dreary here. I've been panic stricken all weekend. I lost my checkbook. Bad enough but at least it wasn't my whole wallet. 53 years old and it's the first time I've ever been that careless. I think I'm distracted. I spent the whole morning closing the account and opening up a new one. Then I had to deal with all the direct deposit issues. Of course I had more than one! Any whooooooo.....at least the old account is frozen in case anyone tries to use them.

Despite my lack of exercise this week I managed to lose 1.6. Slow and steady wins the race.

Be good and drink your water!

Tejas 11-23-2009 07:30 PM

Vickie, I lost my wallet not too long ago: on campus, in front of a security desk! It was returned, intact. I know, not funny, given your situation.

Good for you for losing. My weight is just STUCK! Oh well, I remain positive. I'm getting so strong it's amazing. I can do 30 modified push ups in a minute and can bench press 35 pounds, 3 sets of 10. :woohoo:

I went to see my godson and his family yesterday and had a good time. They wanted to serve a big meal but I talked them down to soup!

Today, I had:

ww toast
PB
Skim milk
egg white omelette
apple
banana
1 clif bar (not Core, 5 points, full of protein)
bean soup with spinach
4 ww crackers
lf yogurt

water...

Hope you're all having a good day.

Rhonda

sloanie 11-23-2009 10:50 PM

Hey chicks, the counters are in!!!! :woohoo: They look awesome!! We have to wait 24 hours before installing the fixtures to let the caulk set, so tomorrow maybe I'll actually have running water in my bathroom! Also, I have stayed OP today. Second day in a row, impressive huh?

Vickie, I'm sorry to hear about your checkbook and excited to hear about your loss! Way to go :congrat:

Rhonda, my son would say you're a beast (young adult slang for really strong)! You know that you are doing all the right things, so just keep on keepin' on. Have you thought about the wendie plan?

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Hope your day went well. TTFN

Tejas 11-24-2009 09:05 AM

Well, I found the way to lose 3+ pounds overnight. Put fresh spinach in your soup and don't boil it.

Chickies, I was sooooo sick for about 6 hours last night, into the early morning hours. It was the usual reaction to what had to be e coli. But, the shaking and trembling were almost scarey!

I survived, and I'm having tea and toast. Maybe this is the beginning of my own Wendie Plan! :rofl:

Have a great day everyone. And, I did NOT go to exercise in the park at 6AM today ;)

Rhonda the Beast

Vickie 11-24-2009 09:52 AM

OMG, Rhonda! I eat raw spinach all the time. How scary. I hope you report it. It could be the beginning of a new recall. I hope you are better. I had food poisoning really badly once and I have never been sicker. I hope you just lay in bed today with your tea and toast. Oh....and no Doyle to be your nurse.

Sloan, let's see some picture of those pretty counters. What did you decide to go with? We finally landed on the Wilsonart which is like Corian. Ours have been in for over a year and we still love them.

Tejas 11-24-2009 12:55 PM

Regrettably I'm at work. But, I'm moving very slowly. I had Gartorade and a bit of yogurt. I'm just not interested in food (surprise!).

I don't have to be here long.

sloanie 11-24-2009 07:39 PM

Gosh Rhonda, that sounds rough. I'm glad you were only sick over night. It could have lasted a lot longer. :(

Vickie, I will try to post some photos when I finally find my camera. Since we started this remodel, I have not seen it. It sounds like we have counters like yours. Our counters are like corion and are made by Samsung. The color looks gray from a distance, but up close it is actually tiny dots of brown, gray, white, and black. I am very happy with them. We got the same material in the kitchen and master bath.

Sandra, are you okay?

What are you chicks doing for Thanksgiving? Rhonda, will you celebrate again? We will have two guests for lunch then go to my sister's house for a large family gathering. I will be making turkey and dressing, but on a small scale.

TTYL

Vickie 11-24-2009 09:28 PM

Rhonda, hope you're still on the mend.....or mended!

Sloan, I'm going to my big Sister's house. She'll be cooking a sit down meal for 18 like she always does. She cooks healthy so I should be good. I'm making WW eclair cake....special request from my BIL and bringing a restaurant gift certificate. I never go to anyone's house empty handed....not even my Sister. It's me and Jim, my Sister and BIL, his Mom, their 3 kids, their spouses, and 6 Great Nieces and Nephews from 3 to nearly 17 all at one table. It's fun. And we do it all over again on Christmas Day. I'm lucky my Sister shares her family with me.

I just made a huge pot of applesauce. Time to portion it out. I'll be back tomorrow.

ontarget 11-25-2009 01:45 PM

Hi there. I apologize for being MIA. Guess I'm having senior moments. I thought I'd been here.

Rhonda, I'm so sorry you created that Wendie Plan. I hope you're well and are on your way to Texas. Call me when you get a chance.

Vickie, you were wise to close the account and start over. I can imagine what a hassle that is, though.

Sloan, :woohoo: on the new counters.

My eating's been out of whack the last few days. I need to do more :ebike: and get back with the program. I hope the rest of you are doing all right.

ontarget 11-26-2009 10:02 PM

I'm here--ate too much--my hip hurts. That's it in a nutshell. I'm going to try to call the doctor tomorrow. Don't know if she'll be in or not.

Tejas 11-26-2009 10:16 PM

I'm in Texas...we had a great Love family gathering at my new house, using my new china that's been in storage since our wedding 3 years ago.

Tomorrow DH's grandsons arrive for FIVE days.

I am still a little sick! It certainly kept me from overeating and overdrinking...I've had lots of Kaopectate!!!

But, all is well and I'll write more tomorrow. I'm at 19 pounds lost now since May and will change my signature tomorrow.

Sandra, I'll call!

Bye and Happy Thanksgiving ...giving thanks for having Chickie Friends!!

Rhonda

Vickie 11-27-2009 09:32 AM

Good Morning Chicks! We had a great day yesterday too with many things/people to be thankful for. Today our 6 year old Great Nephew is coming for a sleepover. I'm doing the planning now. Be back after we wake up on Saturday night!

sloanie 11-27-2009 11:40 AM

Hey chickies, happy day after Thanksgiving! I'm not going to say anything about eating, but I will say that we had a lovely family gathering last night. My sister and I got up at 5 am to go purchase a pre-lit christmas tree for me. It was $35. 7ft with white lights, and it had been $120.00! I'm sleepy now, go figure :) I am very excited today 'cause my "little" family (DH, kids and I) made reservations for a Disney Christmas trip. We will leave after the morning festivities on Christmas Day and will return on the 30th. Even more exciting for me is: we are doing the trip instead of gifts, so I don't have to shop :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: We also have decided to do a name swap for stockings, kinda like a secret Santa, so I will only be stuffing one stocking.... Merry Christmas to me! This is gonna be the best Christmas ever!!

Rhonda, I'm glad you have been surrounded by family. I was hoping you would not be alone over the holiday! I will give you some unsolicited advice, though. If your little "stomach issue" is not better in a few days, you probably need to talk to a doctor. You could have a bacteria or parasite that needs medication.

Sandra, sorry about your hip. I'm right there with ya. I hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Vickie, I'm glad you are close to your sister's family. Sounds like you had a good holiday. I'm so thankful that my family is all right here in Tennessee.

I've got dishes, laundry, and lesson plans to do, so I've got to get busy. Hope you all have a productive weekend!!