Old 11-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #1  

Default Newbie

Hello Everyone! My name is Lara and I'm a former WW/Corbie drop out. After 3 years I had gotten to 5lbs of goal and allowed my emotions to take over and derail all of the progress I had made. I'm 20lbs from my starting weight, totally discouraged, discussted and have no steam to get myself motivated and 100% OP. I take full responsibility for my actions each and everytime and then continue the cycle again, and again, and again and just can't seem to break it.

I started my WW journey at 250lbs and didn't even realize that I was nearly as heavy as I was. When I had gotten down to 152lbs I thought that I was still fat and had a hard time seeing myself in my new body. Unfortunately, one thing that no one tells you, when the weight comes back, it comes back fast and furious and with a vengance.

I've restarted my membership to the gym and really want to commit myself to the lifestyle again but really need the support and accountability... mind if I join in?

~Lara
CheyLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Lara, I have been standing in your shoes. I had 150 to lose, lost 40 and gained it back. I'm now down 40 again and beginning to work on "virgin" weight.

Come hang out with us. We wrestle everything to the ground here on our chat thread. Emotions get to all of us and that's why we hang out here and try to help each other through the bad times. The ladies here are awesome support. You are always welcome.

One of our friends just lost her husband so we are a little subdued and quiet at the moment.

Welcome!

Last edited by Vickie; 11-04-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #3  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I've done that too. I remember a couple years ago, I lost around 30 pounds and I felt fantastic...you wouldn't think I'd turn around and gain it all back after struggling so hard to lose it, but that's exactly what I did! I think most people with weight issues struggle with this...

I love food so much that even when I am losing weight, I'm anticipating a big binge somewhere down the line. I always do that...but I'm pretty determined this time!

You can do it. It doesn't matter where you've been and really not where you are this second, but where you're going and what you're setting about to achieve. Just pretend this is the first time you've ever tried!

Good luck!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #4  

Thanks so much for the welcome and the understanding!
CheyLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Welcome, Lara. I've done the same. I am now working to re-lose the 30 lbs I had lost 3 years ago. When I finish doing that, I need to lose about 30 more; but, honestly, I think I'll be happy enough with the 30 off.

It's always good to get "new blood" here. And you're going to love the Chickies. This is a great group.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote