Old 11-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #46  
Southside White Sox Fan

Mary Ann, you are a very, very strong woman. You took amazing care of Leo and I know he appreciates all you've done for him. He is now your special guardian angel.

I just received 18 yellow roses in a beautiful floral arrangement from Jim for our 18th anniversary which is next Tuesday. I feel very, very lucky. The flowers are beautiful.

I'm off to make eclair cake now.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Quiet day. How are you all?

Maryann, I'm still prayin'. I think you are right to make the decision to stay put for now. When you are ready to make a move, you will know it. I hope your DGD is okay. I know your daughter must be "beside herself" that she can't be there right now.

Rhonda, I appreciate your response. I realize that a large percentage of women return to abusive mates, I'm just praying that DD is not one of them. We talked last night, and I think we are a go for the hearing next Tuesday. I know she is under a lot of stress right now. She is preparing for her Junior recital (she is a vocal performance major) and is taking mid terms. I texted her today, and she said that she is feeling better and is making progress in her prep for the recital, so that is good. About your exercise friends: I had a doctor tell me that though exercise is essential, you must decrease your intake if you want to lose weight.

Vickie, the sticky chicken recipe is on the recipe thread. It is awesome and very easy! My DH loved it. Congrats on the anniversary!

I'm starting the weekend with a glass of wine and a rest on the couch! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Maryann, I'm with Sloan. Don't move too quickly. Take your time about everything. And, let people do for you.

Sloan, it's really good that you DD is able to focus on her own needs too. That's very strong.

I was working like crazy today.

So, for my food I had:

1 slice toast with a bit of PB
1 cup of skim milk
1 banana
2 egg omellette, veggies, red potatoes
a non-Core but mostly veggie casserole
glass of red wine

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #49  
Southside White Sox Fan

I had one serving old-fashioned oatmeal made with skim. 1/2 cup homemade chunky applesauce.

1/2 cup grapes and one lowfat string cheese

Mixed field greens salad with mushrooms, tomatoes, and 2T light salad dressing.

One slice Healthy Life Double Fiber wheat bread toasted with 1T smart balance light; 2 soft boiled eggs

Chicken fajitas; 1/2 cup homemade chunky applesauce; 2 cups fresh green beans with some more smart balance light

Zone double dark chocolate bar and 8 oz skim.

Believe it or not, it's just 1500 calories.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #50  
focused and aiming

Maryann, everyone's right. You need to take your time about making any moves or big decisions. I hope your dgd doesn't have the flu. I can't imagine all the stress you're all having.

Lara, where are you? How was your day?

Sloan, I hope everything works out well for dd.

Rhonda, red wine sounds good.

Vickie, happy anniversary. That Jim is a sweetie giving you roses. Makes me smile.

Here's what I had today:

b--Baker's Box Breakfast Cookie (I have them shipped from Oregon. Ate a lot of them when I got to goal back in 2000.)
l--WW TV dinner
s--2 WW fudgesicles
d--Frozen low point pizza. (It wasn't WW brand but was low point.)
s--a few pecans from our tree

This looks like a lot. I didn't really want the pecans but Curtis was shelling them and said, "They're from our tree." That's all it took. I'm easy, aren't I?

I won't be posting my menus the next 2 days but will be making the best choices I can.

Have a good weekend, everyone.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:20 AM   #51  

My food today:
b:soy patty
apple and coffee
l:sticky chicken
g. beans and corn
d: cheesy bread
wine
s:too embarrassed to say

I walked this morning
Old 11-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #52  

I went to exercise in the park and contracted with the teacher to add two sessions a week of free weights in addition to the three times we do aerobics. I'm crazy!

So far today I've had:

coffee with whole milk
1 slice high fiber bread with PB
1 banana
1 apple
8 oz skim milk

I'm hungry and we're going out to brunch here in Toronto.

Lara, we're listing our food mostly at your request...are you here?

BBL
Old 11-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #53  

Rhonda, is this teacher/trainer that you are talking about working with you individually or is there some kind of group? I think weight training is great. We "more mature" chicks really need to be doing that. It helps prevent osteoporosis and increases metabolism. We got a bowflex in a trade this summer, and I have yet to use it. I'm thinking about getting my DS to help me get started. I'll let you know how it goes. Have a great day.

Hey to the rest of you chicks. I hope my food list is not as embarrassing today. I'll post it later.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #54  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Glad the work week is over. Not too busy today -- dd has already been to gymnastics and she has a swim party this afternoon. I'm driving her and 2 girls from the neighborhood. It so funny to listen to a group of 6 year olds. I did my wi yesterday and still the same. Which if you recall, is huge for me. There was a couple month period where my weight would swing wildly. Now its steady. I did order the new SBD book -- I'm doing well, sort of. Been snacking on halloween candy a bit too much. The new book has some updates to the plan -- I've been using my SBD book from about 10 years ago. My understanding is the food lists have been updated adn there is new information on exercise.

Sandra -- I'm very jealous of a pecan tree! Those have to be my favorite nut. YUM. Send some up!

Mary Ann -- take your time on making any decisions. I think back a year and 1/2 ago when my dad passed. For about a month after that my mom would have agreed to anything. Did Leo have any military benefits? For my mom, those were the trickiest to figure out. She ended up using the Senior services in her town to help get through everything. HUGS to you, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Vickie - congrats on 18 years! Wonderful, and great of Jim to surprise you! Enjoy. Hope you have special plans this weekend.

Sloan - I shared your glass of wine with you last night!

lara - Welcome to the board! I did core for a long time and needed a change. So now I'm followign South Beach. But I love this group!!! Hope you enjoy it as well.

Hi Coco and Nancy!

Well, go to get some laundry going. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #55  

to you, Paula. You might need to join me again tonight. I have some blackberry wine from a local winery, and I may just have a glass before dinner.

Hope the rest of you chickies are having a relaxing weekend!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #56  

Oh boy, did I ever not eat Core today! Never mind, I'll be good tomorrow. And, I've had my wine for the week! Great afternoon, actually.

Sloan, there is a group of 3-4 of us and we hired an instructor. We take together, outside in the park. My weight class will just be me.

Rhonda
Old 11-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #57  

mornin' chicks!
just poppin' in to say hello. have a great day y'all
Old 11-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #58  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ohhhh....I'm SO tired! Got home at 1:10 and went to bed at 2:30. I'm back up to go to JC. I have to do a MILLION things today. I'll try to get back later.

Have a great day!
Old 11-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #59  

Hi everybody:

Went to spinning then walked home (at least 2 miles) with the friend I'm staying with. We had a big breakfast on the way back, so I've eaten for the day I think! Now, I'm going to the office to work for a while.

Rhonda
Old 11-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #60  
Southside White Sox Fan

I stayed the same. NOT a good way to go into a 3 day vacation. I'll just have to do the best I can. I'll snag whatever exercise comes my way