Old 09-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #31  

Height: 5' 10"

Sloan, good to know my mom isn't the only mom that insists on calling and singing to her adult children on their birthdays!!! She does it to all of us and we range in age 43-58!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I think my chiropractor is my guardian angel. Whatever she did today has made a difference. I'm very sore, but the "catch" is gone. Also, she is giving me some earth shoes to try. She bought them for herself, but they are too narrow for her so she is giving them to me! We came to the conclusion that wearing heels and bending down to talk to students (my new curriculum) was causing the problem. From now on I'll wear flats and have them come up to my podium to discuss their work.

Rhonda, thanks for the cake! I hope you are not too sore to finish up the packing. I know how it is when you need to do something, but don't really feel like it. Hopefully if body bags are in order, they will put you and Doyle in the same one

Maryann, I hope you and Leo get some rest and enjoy the golf. What do you snack on while watching the tube?

Paula, my parents call and sing to all of us, too. Once they were in New York on vacation and still called me! I'm sure I would miss it if they forgot.

You chicks have a super,duper day!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #33  
GmaTo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithsarah View Post
OK I did create the recipe thread but "Jane" didn't like it and locked it. I guess I violated some hidden rule at 3 fat chicks!!! So much for allowing us to use the boards as we would like!!
Paula, no offense was intended, in fact I have tried to be very accommodating to the members here. I asked that you post your recipes in the Recipe Section here, because that's where they belong. You are welcome and encouraged to use the boards as you like, but please respect the efforts the moderators have given in making the site organized.

Last edited by Jane; 09-25-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #34  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Starting out to be a good day,Leo eating and feeling a lot better than he did a few days ago.We think it was the antibiotic pills that made his stomach upset.

My DS & DD called and they wanted to come up for the weekend to see there dad but would you believe a big storm is heading our way and she decided to cancel as she not that much of an experienced driver to come from NY to the Cape. We had such beautiful weather & temps all last week and now this.The are going to come some time in the middle of the week,as hopefully the storm will be well passed by then.

SLOAN-That's a tradition in my family to sing to all birthdays. My mom started that when my sister & I were both married and now my sister & I continue doing it to my DD her family and my DS and nephew.

So I'm glad to see we're not the only ones. What a wonderful chiro you have,first for relieving your pain and than giving your her earth shoes to boot. Hope they help you walking better and stopping your back pain.

Thanks,I really don't snack in the after noon except for some fruit or yogurt that i conjure up into a fruit & yogurt parfait or a smoothie.It the night time when I start looking for popcorn,veggie potato chip or pretzels,but last night i had a urge for deli meats and i had 1sl of ham,turkey and pastrami.

PAULA-Like I told Sloan my mom used to sing to us also,but now we carry the long tradition forward into the next generation.

Have a great day,the golf started this afternoon but I have to get my house ready just in case my family come up next week.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:49 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

I have been making that Snickers' Pie daily and hope I can still lose. I have tweaked it a bit and am now using SF jam instead of peanut butter. It has to be lower in calories and points and is awesome. I made strawberry yesterday and now have apricot in the freezer. I'll go post about it on the recipe thread.

Maryann, I like your tracking at the bottom of your post. Looks like we have the same short term goals, but I have a lot more to lose in the long run than you. Life goes on.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #36  

Hey chickies, how is everyone? I have not done anything today as my chiropractor said I could be up and about, but I should avoid bending and twisting. I am getting better, but still have lots of room for improvement. I've been taking some muscle relaxant, so I've been really sleepy. I have gained a couple of pounds in the last couple of weeks, but I'm not freaked out. I know exactly what caused it, so I need to get back to core and keep a food journal. I am happy to say that I have had two liters of water today, so Vickie should be proud of me.

Sandra, the variations you made with the recipe sound sooooo good. Are you still using chocolate ff frozen yogurt or have you tried another flavor? I think having something special every day helps with staying op. I like to have a treat after dinner with a cup of coffee. I'm always more successful when I plan ahead for treats.

Maryann, did you see the last post on the thread about popcorn? There is a good idea for flavoring posted there today. I hope you and Leo have had a good day of watching golf. Take it easy.

Happy Saturday to the rest of you chickies!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I'm sorry you're still under the weather but am glad you're taking care of yourself. As to the ff frozen yogurt--I'm using vanilla. If we lose this week eating "pie" daily, I will go to Braum's to see what they have; plus, I'll get some more sf jams. (I'm thinking pineapple)
Old 09-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chickies:

We're in Jackson, Michigan. We arrived about 7PM at DH's nephew's place. We got out of the house yesterday...late, worn out and irritable. After dumping some stuff at a friend's house, we headed out. I drove for about an hour and then we stopped for the night. This morning when I started the car, it didn't sound good.

I drove for a while and then the "check coolant" light came on. We checked, nothing wrong...to make a long story short, we stopped in Woodstock, Ontario, ditched the car, rented a van, transferred all of the stuff in car to the van and headed west. We have had SO much trouble with the car we signed it over to a very nice, helpful mechanic who will try to sell it for us. He was an absolute angel to us and we just drove off and left the problems with him.

We have to return the van to Windsor before we can head out again but that won't be hard. We have a car at DH's nephew's and, if it drives, we'll take it to Texas...if not, we'll rent another one.

This has just been ridiculous. BUT, no one is sick, no one had an accident, we didn't kill each other, so all is well...now, I'm going to bed here in this very nice Comfort Inn....as for food and eating, well, tomorrow is another day, or so I've heard.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:17 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, hang in there. Sounds like your adventure has begun and ya'll are working things out as they happen. Keep your positive attitude. Be safe.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #40  

Rhonda, tomorrow IS another day, so just go with the flow. Be safe and try to enjoy your adventure

Sandra, the different mixtures sound really yummy. Keep us posted on the pineapple.

Hey to the rest of you chicks. It's time for my morning coffee, so I'm signing off. TTFN
Old 09-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

OK, I started this day with instant (yuck, but available) oatmeal, milk, coffee and an apple. I told DH that the last two days were just out of control but today we get back on track. We had a good night's sleep in the hotel, and I'm writing from the back deck of DH's nephew's house on an aeorpark. The pilots are out already, flying around and having fun. We're relaxed, finally, and talking with friends. We're staying in this area one more day to settle down.

I decided when we crossed the border last evening to let it all go, and I think I have. It doesn't feel so visceral now.

I also realize that lately I've been talking only about myself and not responding to others' posts. But, I am reading and thinking about you all...so, Sandra, I want some of that snicker pie and I plan to collect it in a few days!
Closing in Denton on Oct. 2nd.

Ciao,
Rhonda

ps: if you want to see DH's nephew's vitner's site, search Chateau Aeronautique Winery and you'll find it.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #42  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

What a ucky day we're having down pours of rain and wind to boot.My DD & DS was thinking about coming up today but she being an inexperience driver is afraid to drive in this mess. Hope to come up to see us some time this week.

SANDRA-Thanks, I like to keep a mini challenge going each month to see what I can do month to month.So far its going slow,and I don't think I'll make my 10% by the end of this year like I planned to do a the beginning.

SLOANE-Thanks for mentioning the thread, I went over there and its understanding that I can use my veggie steamer to pop my popcorn.

RHONDA-Sorry for all your car problems while trying to head out west. Hope you have more luck with this van instead. How can the gals think your on an adventure I would have been a basket case by now. Hope you have better luck getting down to your new home state.

Going to watch my golf playoffs,see you tomorrow
Old 09-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #43  

Rhonda, sounds like you are in the lap of luxury! Enjoy

Maryann, I think watching golf on a rainy Sunday sounds delightful! Have a great afternoon

Looks like the rest of the chickies are busy today. Hope they are all having a great time! C ya!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #44  
focused and aiming

Ronda, I will make a Snickers' Pie for sure. (Right now we're both worried we've eaten so much of it we won't lose this week. Guess we'll find out Tuesday.) I need to go check out DN's vitner's site. Wish I had some vino.

Sloan, have you eaten some pie yet? What do you think?

Maryann, 4 lbs a month sounds easy but it's not quite so. I need to work harder.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #45  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Not feeling well this morning as I had acid reflux last night and now I have tummy ache.For breakfast I had and 3 Melba toasts with some chamomile tea. So I used 60c of my 1468c for the day.

Going to be careful with my eating today.No spicy foods on my menu,and going to ease up on my exercise routine also.

Not weighing in today,will be back on the scale first thing in the morning.

SLOAN-Yesterday was the last golf tournament,until the President Cup in Oct 10th,after that i won't know what I do as I'm not a big football fan I watch it,but I can't get induced with it alike I do with golf.

SANDRA-Not it not easy to follow that 4 lb challenge a month.As you can see I only lost 1.5 so far and today is the last Mon of the month.Hopefully when I W-I tomorrow I see some kind of a loss.