Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I have bought new clothes and a lunchbox. lol Sounds like you're busy, too. Got an email from my former high school basketball coach who is a retired supt from one of the schools where I'll be subbing. He's excited about my "coming home."

Rhonda, you sound pooped. Did you go spinning today? That usually energizes you, doesn't it? It helped me today going even though it was just for a few minutes before I went to buy groceries. "Running" in the water makes my feet feel like they've gotten a massage.

Coco, where art thou, friend?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #17  
beachbum

Had a trying day DH had to go the an emergency visit to the cancer center.The chemo he had last week brought out a radiation burn on his chest. They gave us cream to put on the rash. Have to go back on Friday to see the doctor and re-schedule chemo treatment starting next week.

Was surprised with all this going on I keep away from goodies & snacks and this morning I was down 2 lbs but not going to get excited yet,as this happens to me mid week and than by my W-I it disappears.

Other everything here is quite.

RHONDA-That what I thought it is the same. Didn't have the chance to sit and relax yesterday read main post.

VICKIE-One friend told me that the golden years are really the rusty years. I don't know about being overweight not being healthy. They have so many pros & cons about the subject. Whats the correct answer we eat healthy and exercise and still the body doesn't lose. We even go down to a portion sizes.I really believe ever since they started putting chemicals in our food & water the high rate of all types of cancer has exploded,along with heart problems & diabetes. I could go on & on but I'll get of my soap box.

SANDRA-I have a memory like a sieve. I have forgotten so many important things I now use a post it . It seems like an interesting sport,and you're so good at it .Bet you're going to win them all. Keep up the good work,wish I knew how to swim,I did at one time but a wave took me out too far and now I'm afraid to go in any body of water.

SLOAN-Had a busy week,hope to slow down today and rest Thanks,I'm feeling a lot better now. Hope you have a good school year ,and your nephews doing fine also.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

I'm at the office. I just had a great lunch: crisp red and green peppers with onion and other goodies with Chipotle lime chicken....all cold and very tasty.

I've put on a pound from all of this eating out because there are so many people in my house. We paid $420 to have a home inspection and we have made copies of the inspection for people to take with them. But, one person is having her own inspection done. Oh boy. DH just refused to leave the house, and I don't blame him. They take 2-3 hours. Other people wanted to know the electricity and gas bills. I gave them sample figures from winter and summer months. I must say that my thought was "if you have to worry about that, you're not ready to buy a house." But, I suppose it's a reasonable question, especially if you're moving from a situation in which you didn't have to pay utilities before.

Yes, Sandra, I went spinning. It always feels good....well, except for the ligaments over my knees, which I have to "baby." Tomorrow morning I'm going to try a yoga class the same people give. I took yoga for five years from a very respected teacher here. But, I hurt my neck (not yoga related) and can't do headstands, handstands, etc. They say that they have an approach thought won't require me to stress my neck. So, I'll try it.

OK, back to work now....

BBL
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks. Hope you all have had a good day. My feet are killing me! Standing all day AND looking cute just don't go together. I have got to wear my sneakers tomorrow!

Sandra-What kind of lunch box do you have? I need to get myself one. I usually carry my lunch in a grocery sack; I guess that's kinda lame! I can't wait to hear about your first day!

Rhonda-DS is looking forward to starting class; now he needs a job. We have had him working on the renovations all summer, so now it's time to start looking. Right now we have only studs for walls in the main living area of our house. DH is rewiring some areas then he will rearrange the kitchen cabinets. After that is done, we will have the drywall put up, kitchen counters installed, and then new flooring put down. Somewhere in between all that, DS and I will paint. Whew!!!! There is a really good website for layered curriculum (that's what I'm doing). If you go to help4teachers.com, you can read all about it.

Maryann-so sorry to hear about Leo. I hope he feels better soon. Enough is enough!

Hey to the rest of you chicks!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, we bought our 5th wheel when the inspector was at our home in Montana. Your lunch sounds good.

I've been op 2 days now. Journaling helps.

Sloan, have you tried any MBT shoes? Why don't you google them? I have a pair and may be wearing them some. However, they have a nickname--"Ugly Shoes." But they feel beautiful.

Maryann, I am so sorry about Leo's reaction. Kudos to you for staying op. That took fortitude.

Sloan, my lunch bag is a small collapsible one I got from Walmart. It will fit in my purse when empty.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #21  

Sandra, I was wondering about those shoes. Someone I work with says that they are wonderful...so, you still like yours?

Maryann, reading your post about Leo just brought back floods of memories for me about my late husband's struggle with cancer. What an ordeal for Leo, and for you.

Sloan, thanks for the information about the site..I'll look at it tomorrow.

We had people in our house until 9PM and more are coming at 9AM!!! This house better sell tomorrow night. DH told me that I had to make dinner for all the agents who come. I said "What! I have to work all day, then make supper for people I don't know and don't know how many there are!!!" He said "yes." I then called the agent who said "that was a JOKE!" I fell for that one
What an adventure.

I bought clothes for our upcoming vacation. I was a little upset that I haven't lost more weight, but I also feel good about eating better and exercising.

Rhonda
Old 08-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I like them but haven't been wearing them much. I can't shoot in them so they don't work for archery. (I start rocking when I draw my bow.) They are tennis shoe type so they don't go with everything. I will wear them more in cooler weather when I'm not wearing sandals. But in answer to your question--Yes, I like them. I prob should have bought MBT sandals instead of tennis shoes, though, so I could wear them with more of my clothes.

Rhonda, you need to kick Doyle. That wasn't funny. You're too tired and "strung out" to even be teased about cooking for a lot of folks. I'm anxious for you to get to Texas. I'll be waiting for you to call.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #23  

OK, Sandra, I'll kick him...under the table when he takes me out for breakfast!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #24  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Going to be another HHH day and today is my low calorie day,so instead of heavy meal I tending to have a mixture of fruit & veggie salad for the meal meal.

Worked out on my bike for 40 mins and than on hands knees cleaning our area rugs for almost 1/2 hr, so I'm counting that toward exercising, working arm muscles. Today I taking it easy,now that I'm on the cal day.

RHONDA-That's the reason we only had 2 houses in our 43 years of marriage. Hated selling & buying factor and moving & packing was the worst.It can get stressful.Hope you find a buyer real soon so you can get all of that behind you.

Thanks,didn't want to bring you sad memories, this disease is the worst,I see so many people at the cancer center worst than Leo and it just tears you apart.There's a woman that shares my hair stylist with me,and her DH was there at the same center,having lung cancer that went to his throat,and he now on a feed tube. My stylist says she going though ****,but shes a strong woman,hope I'm like her, to fight this again.

SLOANIE-Wear whats ever comfortable to you.Sneaker now a days look almost like shoes.,and not to hard on the feet.

Thanks Leo is feeling better now that the cream is working. He just mentioned it to me this morning that he feels bad for me being on the Merry Go Round with him,but me being the caretaker he thankful that I'm healthy and strong to take care of him.

SANDRA-I always journaled and sometimes it drive my DD or even Leo crazy if I decide to bring along with me when we leave home. I go as far to keep my journals for over 2 years,to see what worked or didn't work in years past. Don't ask why I'm not a goal,it just harder when you get older.

Have to get ready to go out to pick up some stables,before the crowds decide to go out.

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I hope you kicked gently. I hope ya'll have some wine to celebrate with tonight. My fingers are crossed.

Maryann, you're a strong woman. I am proud of you. I am also proud of Leo. He must be strong, too.

Thank you for telling me about your journaling. I got sloppy with mine yesterday and just wrote down points numbers. Today I'm doing better.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey all! I've been eating like a pig today! Don't know why

Rhonda-I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the big envelope opening tonight. I'm anxious to hear what is happening.

Sandra-I looked at the shoes. You're right, they are ugly but I can see that they would be comfortable. Do you think they would aggravate my hip arthritis? I have to be careful or it gives me fits.

Maryann-I know you are talking about journaling your foods, but have you thought about journaling through this stressful time with Leo. Stress managers really seem to think it helps to put feelings down on paper-just a thought. I'm prayin' for y'all.

Hey to the rest of you chickies.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Rhonda ?

Sloan, I don't know if they would aggravate your hip arthritis or not. They don't mine but a good friend of mine didn't buy a pair because they hurt her knee. Try them out. Where I got mine, they let me walk up and down the sidewalk outside the business.

Well, I have my first teaching assignment. Next week Thursday and Friday I'm subbing for the Inclusive Coordinator at an elementary school. Yippee!!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:14 AM   #28  

House sold!!!!

Exhausted, details tomorrow...

Rhonda
Old 08-21-2009, 04:56 AM   #29  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks. I've been up since 2:30 since I couldn't sleep. We opened the windows and let all the humidity in. I'm generally miserable in humidity since it makes my allergies worse. I should have left the darned windows closed and the air on. It's just that it's cold outside. Oh well.

I go to see the Urologist today and will nap afterwards. Jim is sleeping now, thankfully.

I see that I'm pretty far behind. This will be a good time for me to catch up.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-21-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Mary Ann, I wouldn't be surprised if you tummy troubles are caused by your concern for Leo. I'd completely understand that. My prayers are with both of you as you wage war again on this hideous disease. I hope he is feeling better since his emergency trip to the Doctor.

Rhonda, first of all congratulation on maintaining your weight this week after eating out so much. That's an awesome accomplishment in the weight loss arena. But most of all congratulations on selling your house so quickly!!! It must have only been on the market a week? Fingers crossed for a successfully closed deal. Start packing!

Sandra, I'm so proud of you for journalling and for exercising. Neither of those things are easy to do. Why do I have a feeling that your subbing will become more full time than part time? Maybe because it doesn't seem that you do anything halfway!

Sloan, there is always something going on in life, isn't there?! I know you'll be happy to have the remodeling done. We need to do more but the funds are deplete for now. Since we aren't handy we have to save up to hire folks to do these things for us.

have a great day, everyone. I'll probably be back after my nap.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-21-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote